PDA

View Full Version : legend ideas, please help

SK88RR
01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
well guys and girls i own this honda legend, its bagged shaved bla bla bla

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7491/25072008253cq5.jpg

im spending lots of cash on it at the moment and am curious on the engine, its a great engine but i want something badder. so im curious to know can u engine swap anything into theses? like a type r integra engine or anything?
on the other side of the coin wat sort of engine addons are avaliable for the current engine? anyone done anything at all?
i think its a ka8, not really sure. and does anyone know a place to get spare parts, i need a console cover for under the stereo holes.

i understand theres alot of questions there but any help would be great guys, thanks guys
rhys

dc2dc2dc2
01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
turbo !!!!

tseesinngwailo
01-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Umm, why on earth would you remove the V6 and put in a 4cyl ?? look in th US, they love the Legend there and have heaps of parts for exhausts, intakes, and most likely a supercharger, best place to start is the US Legend forums. Cheers

dc2dc2dc2
01-08-2008, 01:21 PM
i agree
4cyl is such a big car is just embarassing
stick with the 6 and turbo/supercharge ftw
dooo it

SK88RR
01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
hmmm interesting. wat without boost? r there any n/a mods off shelf? or would i need to develop them myself

thepope1986
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
i carried out a c35 conversion in my KA7 (only one in oz as far as i know) which was good. apparently theres someone in america bringing out a supercharger kit for the legend. id stay away from turbo cos the manifolds are in a prick of a spot. theres a few guys in america running around 12-13sec passes check the www.acura-legend.com you'll be able to find something im sure. you wont find anything in australia performance wise for the legend. good luck :)

thepope1986
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
o yeah if you didnt realise the legend is a north south motor good luck putting an east west 4cyl in lol

SK88RR
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
wat about a vtec accord engine?

kcokla
10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
btw
do u own that house too
cause omfg thats huge

Riviera
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
lol yea, scrap the type R integra motor idea

i reckon supercharge it... would sound sooooooo sick...
run it at 8PSI safely mmmmm i can hear the whine now
as your cruising

o yeah if you didnt realise
the legend is a north south motor good luck putting an
east west 4cyl in lol

its wierd isnt it... especially when its a FWD...

thepope1986
12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
have you taken a good look at how its setup aswell. 10/10 for dumb ideas. the gearbox has a shaft that goes into the diff which is mounted to the side of the engine and one of the axles goes through the sump. wtf?

MrJDMCivic
13-08-2008, 10:51 AM
lolll,,,,,, the stock c32a engine in ur ka7/8 legend makes the same power as a type r, if not more than a b18c, and produces way more torque, if you where to put a c32a in a integra type r, they would gain quicker speed, your thinking the other way around. replace ur engine with a type 2 c32a engine, and maybe program ur ecu with nsx mapping. u can make good power

JMSBND
13-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Your car was also available with a 6 speed manual in America. If you just want it to get up and go better look at that. Also a C35 from a later model will go in, but it's quite involved. Other than that, not much you can do, I used to own the next model from yours, just enjoy it for what it is - a great pimpin cruiser.

Oh BTW, I put Acura grille emblem and boot on mine, and it confused the sh!t outta people. "is that a Lexus or somthin?" was the most common.

Try Acura -Legend they are helpful over there.

James.

JunYu
13-08-2008, 12:01 PM
this post is no help at all

but i wanted to say your call is sooo fuking bad ASSS

Nax
13-08-2008, 12:49 PM
this post is no help at all

but i wanted to say your call is sooo fuking bad ASSS

lol i have to agree, do u drive it strictly as a showcar or an around towner, would have a hell of a time with speedbumps i imagine, could u post some more pics??

SK88RR
14-08-2008, 04:33 PM
thanks for some of the smart arse respsonses guys, i was just asking wat my options were, i dnt recal asking for some ppl to be ****wits.

thank u to the ppl that have actually made helpful posts.
the car is bagged so speed bumps r no issues, as it lifts up to a driveable hieght. its a daily driven show car, and yes thats my house.
so would the accord vtec engine work or not?

again thanks to the positive comments

Nax
14-08-2008, 04:37 PM
lol i cant tell if that was friendly bringing of friends or a threatening bringing of friends

the matt black looks heaps rad, looks sorta like a mob bosses car. are you running any other rides or just the one?

wat sort of sound system are you packing?

again, im not being helpful but i dont know too much about engine swapping, im just curious

and if thats ur house i would say u have a bit of moolah, so u probably have more options then the everyday person, are you set on a honda engine?

SK88RR
14-08-2008, 04:47 PM
well i just re did the whole bag setup and interior, so im not going to start on the stereo setup.
yeh im keen on keeping it a honda engine, a mate of mine said that the accord engine should work, just have to see i guess. i also own a custom harley

ajdin
17-08-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah the integra type r engine would have no where near enough torque for the weight of the car.. i got the 1996 gen 3 honda legend with the c35 engine put a pod on it, some decent rims with quality tyres, custom mandrel bent exhuast and extractors and your looking at some good gains... stock i beielve the c35 enigne produces more power than the integra type r engine.. weight reduction is another very good option, my car stripped will comfortably keep up to a b16a2 eg4 civic... the potential is there