PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new Dash cluster

_Daniel
25-09-2004, 02:38 AM
is it hard?
any guides on it.

Also if I plug an JDM SiR cluster into an AUDM car, will the speedo still be accurate (due to the 180 JDM limit)

edit: It'll be an SiR cluster into a CXi

just wanna know if the tacho n speedo will be the 100% accurate
(9k redline haha I wish n also the 180 speed limit)

Also is it just a straight plug in or do I have to modify the harness' ect.?

MRJDM
25-09-2004, 10:35 AM
yes they are accurate. ive got a civic type r cluster in mine and it works fine.

SiR JDM
25-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Ive got a JDM SIR cluster in mine, and it seems pretty accurate so far.. well.. no speeding tickets yet ^_^

haha but seriously it should have no problems and as far as Ive heard its just a unplug/plug in job but I may have been misinformed

geo41e
25-09-2004, 05:16 PM
yup
l've gotta jdm cluster in my si civic and everything is perfect!
however dim doesn't work...and from what lve heard, the fuel warning light will not go on,

SiR JDM
25-09-2004, 05:31 PM
I have same 2 problems
My dim will dim the aircon unit and surrounding lighs but not the cluster
and my fuel light wont come on either..
I thought it was because it wasn't connected to my fuel tank (which was replaced when i changed from carbi to EFI) but not sure..
Also door open lights dont work, seatbelt light doesn't work..

_Daniel
25-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Ok got it in today

I've got the same problem with the dim and door/seatbelt light
I'm too scared to try the fuel light -_-

anyone know if its possible to get these working?

Muckafutha
25-09-2004, 11:40 PM
the reason they are not working i think is cos there is no seat belt warning on the jdm cluster. Im not very sure though. I had one my friend gave to me and I put it in my CXI and presto I had a working boot open light which the CXI one didnt have, but no seat belt warning. And the fuel thing works too.

Perry
26-09-2004, 12:56 PM
i got a type R cluster in mine, everything works excpet the fuel warning light

ECU-MAN
26-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok got it in today

I've got the same problem with the dim and door/seatbelt light
I'm too scared to try the fuel light -_-

anyone know if its possible to get these working?
you proably could get it working, with a schematic and time anything is posible.

SiR JDM
26-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, im not sure about the rest of you guys but im talking about the EG6 SIR cluster, which HAS a seatbelt light.
I understand it doesn't work because there is no sensor in the seatbelt buckle unlike the integras which beep like a bitch if u dont put it in!

Weq
26-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, im not sure about the rest of you guys but im talking about the EG6 SIR cluster, which HAS a seatbelt light.
I understand it doesn't work because there is no sensor in the seatbelt buckle unlike the integras which beep like a bitch if u dont put it in!

i had a seatbelt warning beep. just dig under the carpet under and find the connector and unplug it.