PDA

View Full Version : What is the stock piping size EG GL(exhaust)

fabezzz
01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
What is the stock exhaust size i heard it was 1.6" but im not sure, i want to get a catback exhaust + cannon muffler made up using the stock cat & hotdog res but not sure about the piping size to get 2" or 2.25".

Im not really after a performance increase just after the sound but i dont want to loose any power because of the piping being to big.

aimre
02-08-2008, 11:12 AM
1.75"

Just put a cannon on the end. Dont bother with the rest. Also tell him to weld a stock flange onto it so u can swap when ur over it/defected

mitchyb
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
yeah man, i've just been through this. its a waste of money to get a cat back exhaust especially if your not chasing performance (if you were with a GL you would make bugger all, but being carby would sound sweet). just get a cannon. i am

check this ... http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95410

d15z1SUX
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
yeh i saw some emos in a eg hatch with a cannon... it actually sounded cool if not a bit loud. im pretty sure it was carby lol.

fabezzz
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
i got it done today i didnt get a catback i just took the stock muffler off and that bit of piping that bolts on at the axel made 2" (axel back i think its called) with a 3a racing cannon i already had on it cost me 80$ to get it installed i think thats a good price not sure, the exhaust sounds good tho not sure if its under the legal limit tho.

kazam
02-08-2008, 11:09 PM
yeh i got the 3A racing exhaust on it also, with 2" axle back exhaust, but its cut b4 the flange and it cost me $50... its not legal limit btw its a little higher.