PDA

View Full Version : gear!

Dy_
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
wheres everyone getting their gear from??

anyone know of discount places that they can share?

10KRPM
02-08-2008, 08:08 AM
teammoto usually have good deals....as well as bike biz. Best to wait when they have end of season sales to get stuff at good price.

nvmee
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Online is your best friend. Go into your local Mcas/the helmet warehouse/ motorbike store and try on for sizes and then order them online. they are much much cheaper as our dollar is strong. For example a suit over there would cost 700 where in australia it would cost at least 1600. It works well because our dollar value is high as well. In saying that MCAS and the helmet warehouse are pretty good value

nvmee
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
i dont normally use ebay because some of their stuff is fake, unless its a store

lam.666
02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
recommend what nvmee says, best to test fit in store and order online from the U.S most online companies there ship internationally, and if items are under $1k you dont get any customs duty too

theres no cheap shops, unless you want used off ebay, safest way of getting something genuine whilst saving you abit too.

incoming
02-08-2008, 10:50 PM
i bought my gear from flying bryans (now www.ridersdiscount.com (http://www.ridersdiscount.com)) in the states
me and my mates got our alpine star gear for half price including delivery with NO TAX!!
and with the US exchange not doing so well at the moment its wise to buy up.

if u go to proper bike forums riders discount is highly recommended by other aussie buyers

just go to our local bikeshops get the size and model number and ask ridersdiscount if they have any in stock

lo0se3r
05-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Heres a couple of sites that are worth having a look at

all genuine stuff at great prices (us tho, worth it if your willing to pay for shipping, sometimes it works out cheaper delivered then buying it at mcas or bikebiz locally)

www.bikebandit.com
www.motorcycle-superstore.com
www.morepowerracing.com

hope that helps :thumbsup:

also, anyone have any experience with the Alpinestar RC-1 leather jacket?
or know of any leathers that come in white?

cheers

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
teammoto usually have good deals....as well as bike biz. Best to wait when they have end of season sales to get stuff at good price.BOO! Hahahaha!
Seriously, USA FTW! You save a shit load of cash.

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 08:27 AM
for dirtbike stuff, try:

www.btosports.com
www.thumpertalk.com
atv unlimited of US ebay

I have used these places with no problems at all.

BulletBoy
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
try
www.kneedraggers.com
and
www.newenough.com

great stuff at great prices from the U.S of A

10KRPM
06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
BOO hahaha?

Anyways if you arnt comfortable with getting shit from the states then there are plenty of aussie stores here.

FASN8U
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
in melbourne theres a massive wharehouse in tullamarine. MX superstore or something like that

euro69
16-08-2008, 10:55 AM
i have a few brand new stuff for sale.
for street and dirt.
few kryptonite locks, rjays stuff, oneal stuff, UFO blast, visors
all brand new and used....

if interested let me know....

nvmee
16-08-2008, 12:00 PM
interested, pm me wat u gt

Zdster
16-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Just to note - for those that arent in the know - dont buy helmets from overseas. Everything else is fine to buy internationally, just not helmets.

Feverpitched
16-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I'll add visor's to the don't buy overseas list, as they don't have the AS sticker either.

I picked up my second hand 2pc from Flea-bay for a good price too, so check that as well.

euro69
16-08-2008, 04:57 PM
all the stuff is from here in aus... not over seas. all has AS sticker on them....
i only import car stuff not bikes..

XcOn
17-08-2008, 07:57 PM
www.motonekoparts.com
cheapest place in the USA. I bought a 2008 model MX-1 AlpineStars leather Jacket for $445 AUS to my door. They retail at MCAs for $1k.

YLDS2K
17-08-2008, 11:21 PM
just like to mention to the boys who are interested in getting themselves some bike apparel, I work at All Motorcycle X-Cessories and we currently have 2 stores. One being situated in Dorset Road Bayswater and the other at Keilor Park Drive Keilor. To give you guys an insight on how we supply apparel soo cheaply its purely because the owner of the stores buys in bulk, he receives it at a discounted price which is just passed onto the customer like yourselves...Unfortunitly we dont stock anything that is supplied from Monza Imports which are the major importers for Fox, Alpine Star, Shift, Dainese just to name a few, so if you had your heart set on those sorts of things, we are not the people to come to. Anyways i've probably mentioned to much now, by all means come check us out at either store we are open 7 days a week for your convienence, im sorry if this looks like an advertisment but i just thought i would throw in my 2 cents for my first ever post to the site.

Safe Riding

BulletBoy
20-08-2008, 12:28 PM
what are the consequences if you dont have the AS sticker on the visor ?

I'll add visor's to the don't buy overseas list, as they don't have the AS sticker either.

I picked up my second hand 2pc from Flea-bay for a good price too, so check that as well.

Feverpitched
20-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I think you get a fine for not wearing AS approved gear. Helmets and Visors are the only mandatory AS regulated items that you have to wear while riding a bike. Stupid, ay?

Having said that though, my tinted visor was sent to me from KBC USA under warranty, and I've used it rather frequently without incident. It's a calculated risk that I'm running though.

BulletBoy
20-08-2008, 01:25 PM
yea thats stupid.
I myself just got in a shoei visor from USA aswell because the prices here are really high compared to over their.
What I dont understand is that, the helmets selling here and in America are the same. Hence it should be allowed lol.

I would understand more if say for example the helmets here are created to specific conditions for australian sun or road or watever lol but thats not the case.

Ive got an old shoei visor which i will rip the sticker of and stick on to my new one just to make it look more legit lol.. even though theres still the engraving on the aussie visor

nvmee
20-08-2008, 03:23 PM
my sticker fell off

BulletBoy
20-08-2008, 03:29 PM
lol
i guess the sticker wasnt up to AS standards :P

Zdster
20-08-2008, 04:39 PM
yea thats stupid.
I myself just got in a shoei visor from USA aswell because the prices here are really high compared to over their.
What I dont understand is that, the helmets selling here and in America are the same. Hence it should be allowed lol.

I would understand more if say for example the helmets here are created to specific conditions for australian sun or road or watever lol but thats not the case.

Ive got an old shoei visor which i will rip the sticker of and stick on to my new one just to make it look more legit lol.. even though theres still the engraving on the aussie visor

The quality of the gear we get here is different to overseas. I have been informed that Arai redeveloped their shells as the australian standards are harsher than overseas.

BulletBoy
20-08-2008, 05:47 PM
i guess you learn something new every day :)
thanks for that

YLDS2K
21-08-2008, 12:30 AM
i once had a customer come in with a matt black open face helmet that i have never seen before. i asked him where he got it from and he said the states, i went on 2 say oooo carefull sometimes they dont get the approval of australian standards and he went on to spin his helmet around, showing me the sticker there and said he had taken it off his son's bicycle helmet. i shruged and walked away, i wonder what would happen if his son is caught riding his little tricycle without the AS sticker...

Dy_
26-08-2008, 03:58 PM
i once had a customer come in with a matt black open face helmet that i have never seen before. i asked him where he got it from and he said the states, i went on 2 say oooo carefull sometimes they dont get the approval of australian standards and he went on to spin his helmet around, showing me the sticker there and said he had taken it off his son's bicycle helmet. i shruged and walked away, i wonder what would happen if his son is caught riding his little tricycle without the AS sticker...

lock up for 3 years minimum!

Dy_
26-08-2008, 04:20 PM
what are the leading brands for leather jackets in terms of quality and aesthetics?

Zdster
26-08-2008, 04:25 PM
what are the leading brands for leather jackets in terms of quality and aesthetics?

Off the top of my head:

Dainese
Alpinestars
Collins
Dririder
Ixon
Icon
Teknic
Joe Rocket
Shift
Tigerangel

nvmee
26-08-2008, 07:10 PM
how could have u forgotten spidi lol !!!

dainese overpriced as hell ... but damn i love their logo :P its for ballers only. Then you have Alpinestars which is what everyone gets because its one of the top brands with a decent price tag.

IMHO some alpinestars are overated. my mate paid 800 for a jacket with no plastic armour inside, rather it was just thick leather on the elbow + shoulder parts

Zdster
27-08-2008, 09:32 AM
how could have u forgotten spidi lol !!!

More known for their boots I guess ...

dainese overpriced as hell ... but damn i love their logo :P

Some of the nicest stuff I have ever owned is Dainese. IMO the quality far exceeds most of the other brands out there.

Dy_
27-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Hrmm what makes you say Dainese exceeds most other brands? what experiences have you had? thanks!

Zdster
27-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Hrmm what makes you say Dainese exceeds most other brands? what experiences have you had? thanks!

Mostly quality of materials and construction.

nvmee
27-08-2008, 04:58 PM
and some of them have titanium like the santa monica :P ... but the price tag is OMGWTF ...
i always thought spidi is more known for their one pc, unless u meant sidi which have nice boots ... vertigo corsa MMMM

Type R Positive
29-08-2008, 10:48 PM
BOO hahaha?

Anyways if you arnt comfortable with getting shit from the states then there are plenty of aussie stores here.
It's your money dude.

I saved easily over $1k when I brought 2 helmets, and 2 sets of jerseys, gloves and pants from the states. And that was including the shipping.

My procircuit ti GP system costs $1250 here in Aust. I got it for $700 from btosports.com.

What do shoei X-11's go for here? $1200? They cost about US$600.

Remember too that you get the latest and greatest stuff from the USA cheaper than old run out stuff in Australia. ;)

Type R Positive
29-08-2008, 10:50 PM
The quality of the gear we get here is different to overseas. I have been informed that Arai redeveloped their shells as the australian standards are harsher than overseas.
BS!

Aussie gear different? Thats a good one.....

Zdster
02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
What do shoei X-11's go for here? $1200? They cost about US$600.

Remember too that you get the latest and greatest stuff from the USA cheaper than old run out stuff in Australia. ;)

I love the way that you proport that people should undertake illegal activities.

BS!

Aussie gear different? Thats a good one.....

Do you have any evidence to prove that my statement is incorrect or are you just pulling your comments out of the air?

:o:o:o

Type R Positive
02-09-2008, 05:34 PM
You can contact them yourself Zdster.....
Cassons Australia - National Office: Ph. +612 9684 1210 Fax +612 9684 2091 Email info@cassons.com.au
I've emailed them mate, you can do the same.

Type R Positive
02-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Wheres your proof Zdster? Friend of a friend of your mother's friend's cousin?
Did someone try and sell you a helmet, telling you they are better here? :zip:

Zdster
03-09-2008, 02:49 PM
You can contact them yourself Zdster.....
Cassons Australia - National Office: Ph. +612 9684 1210 Fax +612 9684 2091 Email info@cassons.com.au (info@cassons.com.au)
I've emailed them mate, you can do the same.

Firstly, Casson's is in Australia, so you did not buy "all your gear from overseas". This suggests to noobs that they can buy helmets from overseas and that there would be no consequence for riding with it here :zip:. Secondly, Casson's is a distributer and up until your post I did not even know that they even sold to individuals.

Wheres your proof Zdster? Friend of a friend of your mother's friend's cousin?
Did someone try and sell you a helmet, telling you they are better here? :zip:

I was asking you to disprove it. At this point I have at least been told by someone in the industry that some of the gear that we get here has been re-engineered to meet our ADR's. Your response was that it is BS - I assume you know this as you have worked in the motorcycle industry for many years, have visited manufacturing plants or at a minimum have read somewhere that all the gear we get here is the same as overseas. If this is the case please post the article and I will retract what I heard. I am not proporting what I said to be fact - rather something that I was told by someone in the know.

Feverpitched
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Ease up fellas. The point still remains - you'll get dicked for riding non AS approved gear and that's that.

Type R Positive
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I never brought from Cassons..... they are the Australian distributor for Arai.
I gave you their contact details mate, so you can get your info straight from the 'people in the know'.

Arai helmets just got different liners for different head shapes..... and that 'sticker' from Cassons themselves.

Thank you for your email, No the Arai helmets are made to a different fit EPS liner specification for around the world as there are many different head shapes & also only the helmets that come to Australia have the AS1698 Australian Standards stickers on them which makes them legal to use here in Australia, with out these stickers you will be classed as not wearing a helmet. These stickers are put on at the factory & can not be soured after or if a helmet is purchased from overseas.