PDA

View Full Version : PWJDM ram air intake

Spidey
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
hey guys I came across this on s2ki haven't found anything on this site and I wanted to get some opinions on this. This the real deal?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2341499

Forgive for not knowing how to hotlink and again if I should have put this in another thread.

vyets
02-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Yea it's real just recently finished, afew members on s2ki have it and love it. I would be thinking about this if I didn't already have my J's intake.

Spidey
02-08-2008, 11:48 PM
that's good news. I'll do some more research on it but this sure as hell makes the decision on which intake to purchase a hell of a lot easier...

.::F[L]Y::.
03-08-2008, 12:32 AM
its real deal, but apperently there were concerns of how small the inlet was for the bit thats sits onto of the radiator support. It would restrict airflow...

S2kane
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone know the price + shipping to Aus???

Spidey
29-08-2008, 05:21 PM
HI I made an enquiry to password JDM and they quoted 1129USD. That's including shipping. At the current exchange rate that's around 1300AUD. I'm looking to order it in as soon as I'm done installing my clutch and final drive. Anyone know where I can get my final drive cryotreated in Sydney? I'm in western Sydney.

vyets
29-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Nice choice of mods man :D good stuff, pic us up when you get it. Wonder how it would compare to my J's

Spidey
29-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah i'm pretty excited about the mods. Once I get that done and do more research i'll find out what else needs to be done for what I want, but for now this will have to do. Getting coilovers and rims after the intake. Then I'll see what happens..

haha sure thing, might be down in melbourne end of year i'll buzz ya then and we'll give it a whirl.

.::F[L]Y::.
29-08-2008, 09:15 PM
did you end up ordering the intake? i have an invision mugen replica intake that im selling for cheap, since i have sold my S

eriktufa
29-08-2008, 11:34 PM
vyets: someone has already tried comparing PWJDM Intake with J's Racing. Just dig it, I forgot who it was.

I was going to order it a month ago but then it wouldn't clear my 4 point strut bar so might as well just wait until they come out with their own 4 point strut bar :)

vyets
29-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Yea but he only had pics not don't think he had dyno figures, though I'm pretty sure the pwjdm one would make more power!

hisoka
29-08-2008, 11:52 PM
the j's on is lighter and looks cooler~also comes with proper brackets and double price tag~i personally just got top fuel zero 1000 one.~just as good

vyets
30-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Double the price? I got mine for 1.3k, and that was expensive..
Top fuel one scoops from ontop of the radiator like the stock airbox, j's, mugen, pwjdm scoop from the front bar
Only bad thing about the pwjdm intake is the scoop is soo big, it blocks the air to the radiator. Should be fine for street driving but on the track might be a problem.

aznsiko
30-08-2008, 08:16 AM
hey guys note that the dyno graph says FLYWHEEL POWER at the top...

hisoka
30-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Double the price? I got mine for 1.3k, and that was expensive..
Top fuel one scoops from ontop of the radiator like the stock airbox, j's, mugen, pwjdm scoop from the front bar
Only bad thing about the pwjdm intake is the scoop is soo big, it blocks the air to the radiator. Should be fine for street driving but on the track might be a problem.

woops sorry i was talking about civics~didnt even realise you guys s2000 owners lol.

del501
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
there is a PRM intake from the states for $350 on here, you cant go wrong with that, looks sounds and performs.

eriktufa
08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
U.S currency rate sucks!!!

Spidey
08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
hahah I agree. I'm hoping that by the time i'm ready to buy, which is soon, the aussie dollar goes up. Just waiting for a few more solid reviews to make the purchase. (oh and the fact I gotta wear in my final gear set, which i'm getting put in TOMORROW!! F-BOMB-YEAH!)

kongfu
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM
U.S currency rate sucks!!!

you should say AUD sux!

joek
10-09-2008, 12:47 AM
actually. How u guys find the PRM intake?

mikoZ
19-07-2009, 07:29 PM
i wanna bump this thread up, planning to get intake system for my s2k, just any review on PWJDM intake? as i plan to pick up one from JSRACING/PSJDM

good thing i find out for PSJDM, big scoop,and dun need cut the bonnet to let it fit properly

JAP-S2K
19-07-2009, 07:45 PM
i wanna bump this thread up, planning to get intake system for my s2k, just any review on PWJDM intake? as i plan to pick up one from JSRACING/PSJDM

good thing i find out for PSJDM, big scoop,and dun need cut the bonnet to let it fit properly

I've got mates with both J's Racing and PWJDM intake, IMO get the PWJDM it's larger, easier to replace filter and clean out leaves (yes these snorkels pick everything), the PWJDM also feels like it made more of a difference. BUT you still need to trim bonnet over the radiator support ever so slightly but nothing like the swiss cheese effort required for the Js intake. Both showed minimal outright hp gains on dyno, but both showed good midrange increase.

IMO get an injen intake and thermo wrap it! Less money, No need to cut bonnet, Same gains, Kills both other intakes for sound.

mikoZ
19-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I've got mates with both J's Racing and PWJDM intake, IMO get the PWJDM it's larger, easier to replace filter and clean out leaves (yes these snorkels pick everything), the PWJDM also feels like it made more of a difference. BUT you still need to trim bonnet over the radiator support ever so slightly but nothing like the swiss cheese effort required for the Js intake. Both showed minimal outright hp gains on dyno, but both showed good midrange increase.

IMO get an injen intake and thermo wrap it! Less money, No need to cut bonnet, Same gains, Kills both other intakes for sound.

thx for ur great input

i also do sum rearch on INJEN/AEM, i knew thay make a good power gain for NA car when i own a DC5r, less money, bit more torque and great sound.
but this time i wanna make sum thing bling for the engine bay, so still prefer to pay bit more get carbon airbox and scoop,lol

JAP-S2K
19-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Get the PWJDM then. Ticks more boxes than the J's except for ridiculous air pickup.

Perry
19-07-2009, 10:27 PM
the snorkle section between the radiator still looks restrictive.

JAP-S2K
19-07-2009, 10:39 PM
sure does, hence why they claim you don't need to cut bonnet.