PDA

View Full Version : Where is the windscreen washer motor located in 96-99 civic?

paddy13
03-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,

My front windscreen washer have just given up. The rear one works fine.

I've checked the fuses -all good, Checked to make sure the pipe isn't blocked by swapping over the rear/ front pipes (front still didn't work) and also blowing down the pipe and hearing the water bubble in the tank.
When i try to use the front washers i don't here anything so therefore i'm 100% sure its the pump motor as i hear a whurring noise for the back washer.

Now.....where is it located??? and anyone have an idea of approx how much for a replacement?

shadou
03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
can't remember 100% but it may be located on the actual tank itself. Don't quote me I've only ever pulled once off and that was an eon ago.
Think you'll find it cheaply at a wreckers.

SiGO
03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
can't remember 100% but it may be located on the actual tank itself. Don't quote me I've only ever pulled once off and that was an eon ago.
Think you'll find it cheaply at a wreckers.

It definitely is on the EG civics, not sure on EK's.

As a temporary fix you may even be able to swap them over until you can find another one.

If I recall correctly you'll need to take the front bumper off to get to the pumps.

paddy13
03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Cheers guys, i found it on the on bottom of the tank (Shadou - cheers). We took the front wheel off, removed the guards just enough to be able to remove the front washer.
Went to Autobarn and they had a stock one which was a perfect fit for $11!

Happy Times :)