PDA

View Full Version : ideas for new purchaser of a EK Civic too make it better

spuderump
03-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi guys new to the civic scene, must say i love them and am soon going to be purchasing my own EK. im in SA so they are harder to come by on sale but ive being thinking to get a Cxi or VTI if i can find one (9kish) for around 7-8k if thats a good price?? with low kms stock everything etc.

when i do buy it however il be doing the whole modification thing with talelights, engine mods etc. i do want it to be at a decent KW rating around 120ish??

what are some good modifications you would reccommend for me to install/think of getting once i get my car?

thanks heaps

vinnY
03-08-2008, 11:45 PM
hatch or sedan?
either way try to get one with power windows and disc brakes all round(so gli, don't believe ek's came in vti for hatch)
if you want 120ish just boost the d series or go get yourself a b18cr

spuderump
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
hatch. not sure if i wana do an engine swap... how much is a complete swap with a b18 and labour?? wat mods could i do on the stock engine?

vinnY
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
on the stock d series to get to the 120kw range?
boost is the only real option
nfi about the engine swap prices, gotta ask around aye

spuderump
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
whatya reckon id be looking at for boostin it to 120ish?

vinnY
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
dunno, search or look in the forced induction section
prices are going to vary, no ones going to give you a definite price

czy_sol87
04-08-2008, 01:15 AM
9k u should be able to pick up an ek4, ie b16a2 VTEC engine already in there...

Frankie
04-08-2008, 10:42 AM
just get a Ek VTIR hatch/sedan come with 118KW stock
all you will have to put is full exhaust, air filter, and camshafts with upgraded ECU you will get over 120kw easy at the fly wheel

beeza
04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Taillights - Rock em' stock!
If you can get a b18c for that price you will be laughing.If not a b16 or d Turbo but running a turbo needs a lot more up keep and ya really gotta understand the whole system as things will sh!t themselves and it will be costly to get someone to do the work for you.
Also a b18c is best for the track then a b16.A d Turbo is not a very good track car but great for the street.
First just concentrate on figuring out what engine you want.If you get that right then the rest will fall in place.If you get it wrong you will never be happy until you do that engine conversion.
Well done on asking first!

Raztaz
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
9K i wouldnt be looking for a CXi, GLi has power everything and discs all round and should be around that price. Try look for a EK VTiR

latinstyle69
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
EK VTIR, as mentioned above already has 118kw and as they have a b16, these engines are fun to drive even stock, you wil have a lot more fun with this car if you can get a good one

MikeyG
04-08-2008, 07:46 PM
imo.. if ur looking for a ek around 9k mark.. get ek4 mate.. best.. even tho i got myself a ek cxi.. non the less will be doing a conversion.. if u dont get or cant find a ek4 around 9k mark then 2nd option is to get gli.. more comfort also power windows+rear brakes.

once u get your car.. first mods i will be lookin at is suspension and handling mods. ASR brace+front/rear struce (cant spell), 5 stud brake conversion from ITR/VTIR. then get light weight wheels (looks and less on fuel). then go for engine mods. cai intake/engine conversion to JDM b16 or b18cr. or if ur car is d.. then turbo is best for modding a d casue.. if u dont have a deep pocket for a D. then u will not go far for proformence wise..

hope everything works out mate.