PDA

View Full Version : CU2 - Purchase Considerations

Bobjones
04-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Well, just got rid of the CL9 Luxury and the missus wants the CU2 Luxury (not Sat Nat) and I was wondering what sort of prices people have been paying and what the dealers have been likely to throw in, like mats, tint and those Alloy scuff plates.

Having owned a CL9, the drive in the CU2 was a definite improvement in my view from the previous model. Now the other car was on lease as will this one, just wanted to clear that up before I got flamed and it will be going to an employee so not leaving as such. Also strangley enough I will be getting silver this time as apposed to dark grey or whatever, as it always looked dirty...

PM if you want.

Also does anyone know the accessory cost of the above items and also the bluetooth??

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Neill

Nax
04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
hey neill. the cu2, being only out for a month is not having alot thrown in, nor are the prices being slashed to be honest. If your looking at a demo you can get some things thrown in, like the above mentioned, or if ur really good at haggling/get an overly nice dealer. It all sorta depends to be honest.

Costing in SA for the above would be around

Bluetooth: 600 fitted
mats: 158
tint: (depends on brand) from 490-700
scuff plates: i have no idea what these are, not on the list sorry.

Bobjones
04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks for that. I have heard $43.5K on road for a non-sat nav luxury with mats and tint, so if I can get that would be happy. The scuff plates are actually the Door Sill Garnish...

http://euro.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

Nax
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
ahhh ok they are 295

and not sure where u heard that price from, a manual luxury by itself new is 43.8 without the fittings, and auto add another 2k to that, but i suppose it depends who ur dealing with, just seems a bit off they would throw in all the extras for nada.

Bobjones
04-08-2008, 03:54 PM
ahhh ok they are 295

and not sure where u heard that price from, a manual luxury by itself new is 43.8 without the fittings, and auto add another 2k to that, but i suppose it depends who ur dealing with, just seems a bit off they would throw in all the extras for nada.

Its all about the negotiation, and putting 2 dealers off against each other...after you have talked them down compared to different manufacturers, the CL9 was $40K on road with mats and tint...

Just wait towards the end of the month!!!

kimnkk
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
We ordered a week and a half after it was released and couldn't get anything off the car (CU2 Lux Sat Nav) after visiting 6 dealers or so. We could however, get a bit off accessories and tinting ($700 for mats, boot liner, ipod connector, accent lighting and tinting).

Bobjones
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
We ordered a week and a half after it was released and couldn't get anything off the car (CU2 Lux Sat Nav) after visiting 6 dealers or so. We could however, get a bit off accessories and tinting ($700 for mats, boot liner, ipod connector, accent lighting and tinting).

Yeah thats fine, but who the fudge pays dealer delivery...that is the biggest money grab there is. Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...

Philip Lee
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...

umm interesting...

VTECJimStar
04-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Agree with above, full price only for car and delivery. Wanted over $580 for tow ball fit ( for my jet ski) and mats were $200 +. I was quotes $600+ for the BT. So $700 is a bargain for the stuff you got Kimnkk. But in the end with factory bonuses and incentives the dealers get I am not feeling sorry for them. In the end they want to shift cars and make money. Dealer wanted me to be flexible flexible ie give it away to them re my trade, all the usual crap.

I have a 2006 Sat Nav auto luxury with 56k on it and they said they paid $25k for a 2006Auto Lux car they got from a little old lady who only had 25,000K on it..( no joke I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing) and werent really offering any more than that for mine. I have heard they are offering crap at the moment for trades of the CL9, and yes I understand CL9 have dropped in value with the new model. So yes good luck and please PM me if you get a good deal. I have yet to start looking at other dealers, which I will do at the end of the month and play the same game in reverse re trying to remain calm, reasonably firm and walking out a few times...sigh..

VTECJimStar
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah thats fine, but who the fudge pays dealer delivery...that is the biggest money grab there is. Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...

Yes I have heard sales are down by at least a 1/3 so I will try later this month or next month after the slow down has bitten in a bit more.. sorry I have no sympathy for car dealers, with the tricks they like to play on unwary people.

tony1234
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Are they Honda dealer?If so target them!Should get a sharp price!:p

Chask
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I paid $38,500 for Basic (ie not Lux) auto with reversing sensors and towbar "on the road".

Mats thrown in and full tank of petrol.

Suspect I might have saved another $500 if I held out, but what the hell........I paid $40k for my Subaru Liberty 8 years ago, so I'm happy.

Type R Positive
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
That is a good price there Chask. :)
I got my base man for $36k, with mats, boot liner, and 12 month rego instead of 6. I was very tempted to go with the auto this time around, it works that good.....

Chask
05-08-2008, 07:59 AM
That is a good price there Chask. :)
I got my base man for $36k, with mats, boot liner, and 12 month rego instead of 6. I was very tempted to go with the auto this time around, it works that good.....

How does the boot liner work given the different levels in the boot. Does it create a flat platform? and if it does, I assume it makes the boot a bit smaller than it already is?

Must say that is one disappointing aspect of the CU2 - the boot is an absolute dogs breakfast.

This is the first auto I have owned in over 40 years motoring, but decided it was time...mainly cos my wife won't drive a manual and I want her to drive this car. So far very happy with it, but still keep grabbing the lever when I'm about to corner or slow down...

Not too keen on the paddles - they can get "lost" as you turn the steering wheel.

Crapdaz
05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
How does the boot liner work given the different levels in the boot. Does it create a flat platform? and if it does, I assume it makes the boot a bit smaller than it already is?

Must say that is one disappointing aspect of the CU2 - the boot is an absolute dogs breakfast.

This is the first auto I have owned in over 40 years motoring, but decided it was time...mainly cos my wife won't drive a manual and I want her to drive this car. So far very happy with it, but still keep grabbing the lever when I'm about to corner or slow down...

Not too keen on the paddles - they can get "lost" as you turn the steering wheel.
lol as long as you don't actually shift it.

Bobjones
05-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Are they Honda dealer?If so target them!Should get a sharp price!:p

No they are not...but in any event, my business partner has purchased numerous Honda's from a certain dealership (currently has two on the road as it stands) so he will be doing the negotiating. He is the one that got the current Euro I am in for $41K on road with mats and tint...

Nax
05-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes I have heard sales are down by at least a 1/3 so I will try later this month or next month after the slow down has bitten in a bit more.. sorry I have no sympathy for car dealers, with the tricks they like to play on unwary people.

wat tricks? do people not understand, the RRP is the price of the car, any money they take off bites into the profit which IS NOT ALOT, gone are the days of huuuuge margins and ripping people off. do you expect a company to just give cars away? of course they need to make money, and u would be surprised at how little it is. if you think they are ripping you off, look at groceries, look at electronics, look at basically anything u pay rrp for without negotiating. car dealers are on your side, its in everyones best interest to have a win/win situation, if the "rip u off" are u going to come back or reccoment it to friends?

its not like all car dealers have a meeting in the morning somewhere in a cave inside a volcano where they plot how to take over the world or something, its just a business.

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Must say that is one disappointing aspect of the CU2 - the boot is an absolute dogs breakfast. The bootliner.... they haven't made one for it yet. But they owe me one! :p
Yes, boot looks like a dogs breakfast, but I prefer to have a full size spare, as I live in the country. The Lux boot looks all right (only space saver spare). I haven't had an issue with the boot, it still fits everything in there what I want it to fit.

hisoka
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
so the spare tire is not an actual rim ? its a small gay one ?

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
so the spare tire is not an actual rim ? its a small gay one ?full size spare on my base, the lux gets small gay space saver.

Nax
05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
so the spare tire is not an actual rim ? its a small gay one ?

ya in the luxury it is, standard has a full size, mostly because the luxury has 18" low profile tires, so putting a large, wide tire in a boot would be silly cuz u would get very little boot space

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
ya in the luxury it is, standard has a full size, mostly because the luxury has 18" low profile tires, so putting a large, wide tire in a boot would be silly cuz u would get very little boot space
What, a whole 1/2" less?

Nax
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
What, a whole 1/2" less?

youve seen how crap the standard model is right? why would u want to make that worse

and besides how often do u use spare tires, if its a space saver does it matter, u should only be using it to drive to a tire place to get another tire

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
youve seen how crap the standard model is right? why would u want to make that worse It is not that bad.

and besides how often do u use spare tires, if its a space saver does it matter, u should only be using it to drive to a tire place to get another tireYeah, if you're a city poof. Im 200kms away from the nearest tyre shop. ;)

Nax
05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
It is not that bad.

Yeah, if you're a city poof. Im 200kms away from the nearest tyre shop. ;)

lol well u could always just buy a fullsize tire and strap it to the back old crv style. winging isnt gonna fix it so either get the standard or deal with the space saver, and as far as space savers go its not that bad, doesnt look like a donut

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
lol well u could always just buy a fullsize tire and strap it to the back old crv style. winging isnt gonna fix it so either get the standard or deal with the space saver, and as far as space savers go its not that bad, doesnt look like a donut
Ummm, I already got CU2 standard. :confused:

Nax
05-08-2008, 03:11 PM
good i suppose

VTECJimStar
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
wat tricks? do people not understand, the RRP is the price of the car, any money they take off bites into the profit which IS NOT ALOT, gone are the days of huuuuge margins and ripping people off. do you expect a company to just give cars away? of course they need to make money, and u would be surprised at how little it is. if you think they are ripping you off, look at groceries, look at electronics, look at basically anything u pay rrp for without negotiating. car dealers are on your side, its in everyones best interest to have a win/win situation,

hmm are you a dealer.? . i know people in the industry not Honda unfortunately. I dont believe you when you say the profit is small, dealers get bonuses back from the manufacturer, and further bonuses if they sell enough cars for the month. They dont just make the nargin on your deal. Car dealers want to give you the minimum they can get away with for your trade. Why do you think they play the 'what do you want for your trade game' They dont just say hey car is worth $x here it iis up front do they??. They keep getting you to lower your expectations and lower what you will accept till they have the best margin. Sure they want to sell you a car and want you to come back ..

tony1234
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
hmm are you a dealer.? . i know people in the industry not Honda unfortunately. I dont believe you when you say the profit is small, dealers get bonuses back from the manufacturer, and further bonuses if they sell enough cars for the month. They dont just make the nargin on your deal. Car dealers want to give you the minimum they can get away with for your trade. Why do you think they play the 'what do you want for your trade game' They dont just say hey car is worth $x here it iis up front do they??. They keep getting you to lower your expectations and lower what you will accept till they have the best margin. Sure they want to sell you a car and want you to come back ..
I agree with the above post.Fortunately i have a good friend in the trade but i pity the average person wanting to buy a car.All the crap they have to go through.

tritty
05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with the above post.Fortunately i have a good friend in the trade but i pity the average person wanting to buy a car.All the crap they have to go through.

Yes there are elements of truth to this statement...........but pity the buyer!! i don't think so!

I have previously worked in the trade for over 10 years, and I got out because I'd had it with consumers.

If you think sales guys enjoy working an average sixty hours a week sometimes usually having to eat a cold lunch for an average of $50 to $100 a car, you are joking! What about the poor bloke that does all the hard work, essentially sells the car, does the test drive spends a lot of time initially with a customer only to have that same customer purchase a car elsewhere to save a couple of hundred bucks! it is a joke!

There is a saying in the trade "buyers are liars" and I am living proof there is certainly an element of truth to it.

Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of pleasurable customers to deal with, but the majority of car buyers play much worse games than the dealers!;)

tony1234
05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes there are elements of truth to this statement...........but pity the buyer!! i don't think so!

I have previously worked in the trade for over 10 years, and I got out because I'd had it with consumers.

If you think sales guys enjoy working an average sixty hours a week sometimes usually having to eat a cold lunch for an average of $50 to $100 a car, you are joking! What about the poor bloke that does all the hard work, essentially sells the car, does the test drive spends a lot of time initially with a customer only to have that same customer purchase a car elsewhere to save a couple of hundred bucks! it is a joke!

There is a saying in the trade "buyers are liars" and I am living proof there is certainly an element of truth to it.

Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of pleasurable customers to deal with, but the majority of car buyers play much worse games than the dealers!;)
Dealers make the money,what with bonuses incentives etc.from the factory not the poor sales guy,i too sold cars years ago and i gave it away for the same reasons you gave.If they weren't making money they wouldn't have such flash showrooms as they do.But having been on both sides i can say i have dealt with my fair share of dickhead sales staff too.

Nax
05-08-2008, 05:11 PM

exactly. the thought that dealers are ripping people off has spawned generations of people who treat the dealer like garbage, the margins are not that big, and the incentives are not that big either, moving targets is an incentive, used to try and boost performance and stop dealers from getting lazy. If u want rrp go for it, walk into a dealer and pay the listed price, if it makes u so happy not to deal with "tricks", of course they are going to try to get the best price for it, think about it u twit its a business, if u ran a communications business, ur not going to charge people 0 dollars a minute so that they are happy, only to have u go belly up the first week its silly. its just common business sense really

the customer needs to start thinking outside the little box of prejudice and realise were just everyday people were not in it to screw over everyone

LXRY
05-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Should of kept your CL9.....my two cents worth

Economic
05-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I had a Subaru 2000 Liberty, bought a brand new CL9. When I walked in the door I asked about the CU2, had a quick look and walked away with the CL9. Apart from styling, your essentially getting the same thing for a higher price?

Chask
05-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I had a Subaru 2000 Liberty, bought a brand new CL9. When I walked in the door I asked about the CU2, had a quick look and walked away with the CL9. Apart from styling, your essentially getting the same thing for a higher price?

With all due respect, I have to disagree.

I also had a Subaru 2000 Liberty. A few months back, I road tested the CL9 and frankly was not impressed. It seemed a tad sluggish compared to the Subie and just didn't do it for me.

So I decided to wait till the new Mazda 6 and the CU2 were released before making a decision. I tested the Mazda 6 and thought it was very good and would happily have bought one, but again decided to hang on till the CU2 came out.

Glad I did.

When I road tested it, I was blown away. Far superior to the CL9 (and Mazda) in terms of driveability. Quicker off the mark, hugs the road and is just a lot of fun to drive. Didn't get that feeling with the CL9 - in spite of the extra weight etc.

Will admit, I would have preferred the slightly smaller size of the CL9, and I hate the boot in the CU2, but in all other aspects, I think it is way better than the CL9. I especially like the dash and layout of the CU2.

Do appreciate there is a premium to pay for the new model and there were good deals to be had on the runout of the CL9, and can understand why that would appeal to many buyers, but I am very happy that I waited for the CU2.

Economic
05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
My Subaru had been suffering for sometime. If I tried to accelarate rapidly the whole car would start to jerk as if it didn't know whether to move or stay. I spent $2k trying to fix it and still had problems, which meant time for change.

When I decided to buy a new car.. looked at the Subaru specials and then Honda. Saw the runout and bought one.. Didn't even test drive it, though read many reviews.. I just knew the car would be good.. I feel it has alot more power than my subaru ever had... Maybe just a personal opinion.

The interiors for the CL9 and CU2 were both new to me, I knew I wouldn't miss the other interior once I made my decision. I can't even remember what the CU2 looks like inside :)... CL9 5yr warranty, particularly on the sat nav must be a good thing (even though the sat nav is a dogs breakfast compared to the Subaru).

tritty
05-08-2008, 09:20 PM

I also disagree! I used to have a 04 CL9 Manual and recently decided to order the runout CL9 Navi but once I saw the CU2 in the metal I knew what I had to do.
I have now had my CU2 for 3 weeks/1000km and the two cannot be compared. Unfortunately a 5 minute test drive doesn't do the CU2 justice, I love it more every day. I also decided to go auto this time due to the amount of city driving I do.

The CU2 is a more polished vehicle every part of it is just better, the balance and dynamics are incredible. :cool:

VTECJimStar
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM

Unfortunately it looks like the problems are on both sides of the sales counter. I work with the public and yes many of them are dickheads. I understand now that the car salesperson has crap conditions and it is no wonder that they dont seem to stay at dealerships long. Never seen the same salesman twice over a few years.
So the dealers need to look after their sales people better and the salespeople need to try and be more straight to the point with customers. It is an basic problem that needs to be fixed.
I personally would be happier to be told that look sorry but this is honestly what we feel your car is worth, not the tact that I have explained before. I can then see that, ok I cant afford to trade the car at the moment, or ok I stand to lose $x if I want to buy a new car at the moment.

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I also disagree! I used to have a 04 CL9 Manual and recently decided to order the runout CL9 Navi but once I saw the CU2 in the metal I knew what I had to do.
I have now had my CU2 for 3 weeks/1000km and the two cannot be compared. Unfortunately a 5 minute test drive doesn't do the CU2 justice, I love it more every day. I also decided to go auto this time due to the amount of city driving I do.

The CU2 is a more polished vehicle every part of it is just better, the balance and dynamics are incredible. :cool:
Hahahahaha, Thats me! I had '04 CL9 man too!

Nah, seriously, my thoughts exactly, except I got a CU2 manual. It is even better than CL9's man. Clutch so smooth, gear changes so nice....
However, I did really like the auto this time around, and would have got it if I lived in the city, or it was the same price as the manual.

Runout CL9 also attracted the missus and I, but there was no way in hell I could buy one over the CU2. CU2 is that much better. ;)

Type R Positive
05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Poor old dealers! Bwahahahahaaaa!

Thats a good one fellas.

I don't give a flying f*** about any salesman, Im the one handing over the hard earned cash. If I can save a weeks wages by going somewhere else, I'll do it. You would be a f***ing retard not to.

A certain dearler missed out on my business because they stuffed me around on what I wanted for the price I wanted. I got what I wanted elsewhere, and the certain dealer said they could have beaten it.

I don't care, I got what I wanted. I told them that. They are the ones that missed out on a sale for 'playing their tricks'.

If car yards were honest, they'd give best price Australia wide, no ifs, no buts. And you wonder why joe public is reluctant, and treats dealer what you call garbage Nax? Give us a fair go. Give us your best price first up. Stop the bullshit man.

God, when I called around the dealers, I got over $2k difference in pricing for the same car. That is in the same town. You wonder why you get treated like shit?

Bobjones
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Having had the CL9 and driving the CU2, I could not get out of it, in fact a certain Northside Honda dealer gave us the car for over half an hour to drive, the instructions were drive it, enjoy it, and bring it back when its close to running out of fuel...

The boot and the rear parcel shelf is the only thing I dislike, space saver spare, having owned many a Skyline import and Mazda import I have NEVER used the space saver...so does not phase me.

The CU2 is an improvement over the CL9, which is going to one of my staff so we are keeping it, the option for me to get the new one has come up so I jumped at it, especially given it is a far superior car to the Mazda 6 Luxury Sports and the Liberty 2.5 Premium (I wanted a GT but hey I have a race car to play with at work)...I may regret my decision when they bring out the new Liberty in March 2009, but I highly doubt it....

Seems I opened a can of worms, I will let you know how I go will start negotiations this week...

Pumped
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
CU2's look amazing on the road :)

Nax
06-08-2008, 10:47 AM

Thats a good one fellas.

I don't give a flying f*** about any salesman, Im the one handing over the hard earned cash. If I can save a weeks wages by going somewhere else, I'll do it. You would be a f***ing retard not to.

A certain dearler missed out on my business because they stuffed me around on what I wanted for the price I wanted. I got what I wanted elsewhere, and the certain dealer said they could have beaten it.

I don't care, I got what I wanted. I told them that. They are the ones that missed out on a sale for 'playing their tricks'.

If car yards were honest, they'd give best price Australia wide, no ifs, no buts. And you wonder why joe public is reluctant, and treats dealer what you call garbage Nax? Give us a fair go. Give us your best price first up. Stop the bullshit man.

God, when I called around the dealers, I got over $2k difference in pricing for the same car. That is in the same town. You wonder why you get treated like shit?

dude ur not even listening, do u know why they will give away 2k at one place and not the other? because that 2k difference is the difference between a good dealer and a bad dealer. how many people do u think coming in asking for "the best price" as in, take away all profit and give it to me for free. that isnt business man. no business in the world just gives away shit for 0 profit. the RRP is the best price, anything lower then that is the dealer being nice to you to help get your sale, it comes off their backs, their bills. open ur ****ing mind up man IT IS A BUSINESS! u talka bout giving out hard earned money, thats wat a dealer does with every cent they take off the rrp. its not like they get the car for 12k and go hmmmmm i think well charge 32 for it and see how they go. the margins are very slim and u have to move alot of cars to get the bills paid, just like u have to work hard to get the money to pay for the car. All your basing ur statements on are prejudicial opinnion and no HARD facts. Try reading up on economics.

and that dealer who missed oout on ur business. sometimes its better to let the customer go if its going to be a loss, no sense moving a car if its going to cost you money unless u absolutely have to, the guy who gave it to u, shit salesperson, thats wat we call a lose/win situation, u win, dealer loses, if the dealer loses enough, everyone loses, just like if its win/lose enough the customer loses and everyone loses.

Bobjones
06-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Alright, just signed a contract for a 2009 Silver Euro Luxury (Non-Sat Nav) with Bluetooth, boot liner, mats, door garnish, extended warranty, full tank of fuel and 12 months rego (all fitted pre delivery to get coverage under new car warranty and not new parts 12 months). Will not give price on a forum but will via PM only due to the ruckus this has already caused. As is stands dealers to some degree get some subsidies and bonues from the manufacturer. Delivery is for 11/08/08 estimated. Build date 05/08, Compliance 07/08...

Nax
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
didnt someone say they didnt have boot liners out yet? lucky goose

Bobjones
06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
They are in STOCK, checked myself on the parts screen...they are ex Melbourne...so overnight

Philip Lee
06-08-2008, 04:51 PM
dude ur not even listening, do u know why they will give away 2k at one place and not the other? because that 2k difference is the difference between a good dealer and a bad dealer. how many people do u think coming in asking for "the best price" as in, take away all profit and give it to me for free. that isnt business man. no business in the world just gives away shit for 0 profit. the RRP is the best price, anything lower then that is the dealer being nice to you to help get your sale, it comes off their backs, their bills. open ur ****ing mind up man IT IS A BUSINESS! u talka bout giving out hard earned money, thats wat a dealer does with every cent they take off the rrp. its not like they get the car for 12k and go hmmmmm i think well charge 32 for it and see how they go. the margins are very slim and u have to move alot of cars to get the bills paid, just like u have to work hard to get the money to pay for the car. All your basing ur statements on are prejudicial opinnion and no HARD facts. Try reading up on economics.

and that dealer who missed oout on ur business. sometimes its better to let the customer go if its going to be a loss, no sense moving a car if its going to cost you money unless u absolutely have to, the guy who gave it to u, shit salesperson, thats wat we call a lose/win situation, u win, dealer loses, if the dealer loses enough, everyone loses, just like if its win/lose enough the customer loses and everyone loses.

as far as i'm concerned if a dealer can "give away" 2k then they would have some benefit in the deal.

as you said, it's a business and no business will sell their product without some sort of benefit in return, be it $$ or whatever.

i personally don't feel bad for the dealers but i understand their POV. however some of their tactics can be botherline unethical. imho trust is important for business dealings but i can't honestly trust car sales/dealer to look after me.

which means as a consumer, we should do our homework and be prepared to spend some time to shop around. No pain no gain.

Nax
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
as far as i'm concerned if a dealer can "give away" 2k then they would have some benefit in the deal.

as you said, it's a business and no business will sell their product without some sort of benefit in return, be it $$ or whatever.

i personally don't feel bad for the dealers but i understand their POV. however some of their tactics can be botherline unethical. imho trust is important for business dealings but i can't honestly trust car sales/dealer to look after me.

which means as a consumer, we should do our homework and be prepared to spend some time to shop around. No pain no gain.

trust is a two way street tho and loyalty goes along way, if u dont try to screw over the dealer generally they will look after you, but when u get people coming in trying to strongarm their way to get 12k off the price of the car, of course they are going to get "tactics" because its impossible to politely tell someone they are retarded. The return the dealer got for giving away 2k was that they moved a car which goes towards their monthly quota, however it would detract from the gross figures which basically is more important. and as for being unethical, i dont know who uve been dealing with but i havent seen anyone in honda be unethical, they will generally give it to u straight up and try to work out the best outcome for both parties, however i do know of some dealers being pretty dodge, not honda tho.

VTECJimStar
06-08-2008, 04:59 PM

I totally agree. It is sad that many car dealers/car salespeople believe they have to operate in a certain way to be in the industry. Maybe its time for a rethink and a new approach.

Bobjones
06-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes trust is a two way street.

Here is my problem, I was dealing with 1 dealer after being dicked by another dealer. The fact was we agreed on a price over the phone, confirmed I would come in and make a deposit, got there and the price jumped up $2K...trust, **** that champ that is not trust that is BULLSHIT. I do not have time for BULLSHIT, I am busy running a business and managing staff and getting dicked around when every other business deal I do is done over lunch and by discussions, these antics really piss me off. I got a good deal in the end, more than what I would have paid for elsewhere by a couple of hundred, but when its principals and other seppo crap then its worth it. What comes around goes around...

Nax
06-08-2008, 05:04 PM
oh well, fact of the matter is yes some people get dicked around by dealers, but its unfair to say all dealers are swindling a holes, based soley on a couple experiences. i personally know i am not an a hole, i still get sales and am completely straightforward and let my customers know exactly wats going on, and at the end of the day both parties go home happy. however i think we are waaaaaaay off topic, as entertaining as the debate is we should probably cut it out before we get moderated lol.

VTECJimStar
06-08-2008, 05:19 PM
trust is a two way street tho and loyalty goes along way, if u dont try to screw over the dealer generally they will look after you, but when u get people coming in trying to strongarm their way to get 12k off the price of the car, of course they are going to get "tactics" because its impossible to politely tell someone they are retarded. The return the dealer got for giving away 2k was that they moved a car which goes towards their monthly quota, however it would detract from the gross figures which basically is more important. and as for being unethical, i dont know who uve been dealing with but i havent seen anyone in honda be unethical, they will generally give it to u straight up and try to work out the best outcome for both parties, however i do know of some dealers being pretty dodge, not honda tho.

I dont agree with some of this tho.. I certainly dont expect $12,000 off a new car, I want to bargain, but I am also in business I am not stupid, I don't think there is THAT much margin. But I am sure there is more than $2,000 margin especially when they add dealer delivery charges on top.
The tactics normally start from the beginning of the negotiations not once they think you might be "retarded" . I dont believe I have met any unethical dealers with Honda BUT I have certainly had my expectations dented, (talk the customer down w r t trade in prices) comments like:

Well your Sat Nav car isnt that popular, you know people can just buy a Tom Tom (Yes if they want something stuck on the windscreen)

And the new Sat Nav Cu2 version is not really popular (funny seems to be a few on here have bought them)

Been told the 'tactics' are all part of the 'cut and thrust" of buying a car.

Your car has high mileage (Standard mileage for the age of the car w r t Glass guide)

Your car is not a popular colour.

I have been shown "Absolute best possible trade in $ for your car.. ie shown me written valuation trade $ in books with previous customers or computer screen figures. (When I got over $4,500 MORE at a different dealer, same dealership group without haggling the very next day)

When buying the the CL9 wanted me to test drive the non luxury version anyway. Was told most definatley it drives exactly the same, when I wanted so check out the ride with the lower profile tyres. And no they dont drive the same.

AND YES this is probably enough of this ........................... Maybe NAX should move to Brisbane

Nax
06-08-2008, 05:28 PM
lol im not sure if that was a threat or a compliment.

ude be surprised some of the things people think are doable, since that today tonight show on car sales we get people coming in all teh time going, ill pay cash right now if u give it to me for 10k cheaper, and ur like.....riiiiiight lol.

just so you know i do agree with most of what was said, i just felt a need to defend it from the other side, and it would be a lie to say there is no tactics and that all dealers are honest cuz we all know its not true. no hard feelings, and back to the matter at hand

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM

RRP best price? Stop it man, you're killing me.....

As for the dealer that missed out on my business, as I mentioned before, they said they could have beaten the deal...... Playing games trying to extract more money lost them a sale.

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
oh well, fact of the matter is yes some people get dicked around by dealers, but its unfair to say all dealers are swindling a holes, based soley on a couple experiences. i personally know i am not an a hole, i still get sales and am completely straightforward and let my customers know exactly wats going on, and at the end of the day both parties go home happy.
Yep, good salesman get sales. I've swung a fair bit of business to the bloke that sold me my Corolla last year, simply because he didn't muck me around, he gave me best deal straight away, and he was awesome to deal with.

Crapdaz
06-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Yep, good salesman get sales. I've swung a fair bit of business to the bloke that sold me my Corolla last year, simply because he didn't muck me around, he gave me best deal straight away, and he was awesome to deal with.
in result you ended up with a euro :thumbsup::wave:

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Alright, just signed a contract for a 2009 Silver Euro Luxury (Non-Sat Nav) with Bluetooth, boot liner, mats, door garnish, extended warranty, full tank of fuel and 12 months rego (all fitted pre delivery to get coverage under new car warranty and not new parts 12 months). Will not give price on a forum but will via PM only due to the ruckus this has already caused. As is stands dealers to some degree get some subsidies and bonues from the manufacturer. Delivery is for 11/08/08 estimated. Build date 05/08, Compliance 07/08...That's what Im talking about! You'll enjoy that one! :D

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
didnt someone say they didnt have boot liners out yet? lucky goose
none for base model.

tritty
06-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Alright, just signed a contract for a 2009 Silver Euro Luxury (Non-Sat Nav) with Bluetooth, boot liner, mats, door garnish, extended warranty, full tank of fuel and 12 months rego (all fitted pre delivery to get coverage under new car warranty and not new parts 12 months). Will not give price on a forum but will via PM only due to the ruckus this has already caused. As is stands dealers to some degree get some subsidies and bonues from the manufacturer. Delivery is for 11/08/08 estimated. Build date 05/08, Compliance 07/08...

Bring it on......It will be a nice car, congrats!!!!

We welcome another CU2 driver to the fold :thumbsup:

tritty
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Hahahahaha, Thats me! I had '04 CL9 man too!

Nah, seriously, my thoughts exactly, except I got a CU2 manual. It is even better than CL9's man. Clutch so smooth, gear changes so nice....
However, I did really like the auto this time around, and would have got it if I lived in the city, or it was the same price as the manual.

Runout CL9 also attracted the missus and I, but there was no way in hell I could buy one over the CU2. CU2 is that much better. ;)

hahaha..............I was so close to buying another manual, but I knew I would regret it. As much as a love a good manual, and the CU2 certainly is, sitting in good old Melbourne traffic for 3 hours a day, the auto was the way to go for me.

I must say the auto is great, very smooth and you can have a little fun with it in "S" mode (as much as you can in an Auto anyway) :D

Zimp13
06-08-2008, 07:44 PM
to all the dealerships.......... just make 1 driveaway price...... end of story..........kakakak.......:P:P

UNLS1
06-08-2008, 09:21 PM

Thats a good one fellas.

lol omg should sell hondas, u are soooo correct in everyway! u must have been in the car industry for years!
its customers like u i love the most and have the most fun with!

UNLS1
06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
i dont want to get into massive arguments. Ive sold many cars to people on here and had no bullsh!t at all. i tell people the way it is and dont talk crap and people ive sold to on here have had nothing but great service.

us dealers cop it too, so many buyers lie like crazy too us and when we find out they have and catch them out WE are the bad people! hell ive had a member on here lie like stupid to me and then lied to other dealers i know saying he can get a bogus price for a car! we are not stupid. i told him to go buy it and u know what??? he still hasnt at the price he told me black and blue he had.

enough crap. i tell people on here how it is and thats it. there are some of us that do make it crap for others. thats life.

UNLS1
06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
to all the dealerships.......... just make 1 driveaway price...... end of story..........kakakak.......:P:P

idiot! there is so many ways why this comment is so stupid.
pls dont reply and make me make u look silly on the forums.

tritty
06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
i dont want to get into massive arguments. Ive sold many cars to people on here and had no bullsh!t at all. i tell people the way it is and dont talk crap and people ive sold to on here have had nothing but great service.

us dealers cop it too, so many buyers lie like crazy too us and when we find out they have and catch them out WE are the bad people! hell ive had a member on here lie like stupid to me and then lied to other dealers i know saying he can get a bogus price for a car! we are not stupid. i told him to go buy it and u know what??? he still hasnt at the price he told me black and blue he had.

enough crap. i tell people on here how it is and thats it. there are some of us that do make it crap for others. thats life.

Enough said :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UNLS1
06-08-2008, 09:39 PM
anyway im staying out of this crap, ive been on here long enough and most of u know me well enough now to know wats goin on.

Nax
07-08-2008, 12:31 PM
stop it stop it ! cant u see its tearing us apart! lol

Crapdaz
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
stop it stop it ! cant u see its tearing us apart! lol

fight to the death!!
dealer vs consumer

Nax
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
oh its on!

quick julia throw me my winchester!

Crapdaz
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
i really should go test drive a CU2 and see what's it like....

Bobjones
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes you should, I am starting to get excited, signed all the finance paperwork before and faxed it off so that they can put the amount in the dealers account so I can pick it up Monday or Tuesday!!!

Nax
09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
oooooo they grow up so fast, gotta love that feeling, it just doesnt feel real till u start signing stuff lol. otherwise ur like, iiiii dunno still might not happen for some reason

Bobjones
18-08-2008, 01:39 PM
That's what Im talking about! You'll enjoy that one! :D

Alright picked it up today. Will be getting the drink holder lid replaced as its scratched along with a scratch on the gear stick...not happy but hey.

Also I can now sat how much I paid...$43,700 for everything per my previous post...

Type R Positive
18-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Alright picked it up today. Will be getting the drink holder lid replaced as its scratched along with a scratch on the gear stick...not happy but hey.

Also I can now sat how much I paid...$43,700 for everything per my previous post...
Nice price! :cool:
Have you flogged it around corners yet? I Just can't help myself!
It just sits so flat.....

Bobjones
18-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I drove the 4 km from the dealer back to work...too much on, and besides there will be plenty of time to enjoy it!!!!

tony1234
18-08-2008, 03:55 PM

Is that for man.or auto?

Bobjones
18-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Mate no offense but read my previous post............

tony1234
18-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Mate no offense but read my previous post............
CBF reading all the posts.It'd be easier to tell me than type smart comments.

Bobjones
18-08-2008, 04:12 PM
CBF reading all the posts.It'd be easier to tell me than type smart comments.

It may be easier, but why would I help out a lazy smuck...

tony1234
18-08-2008, 04:21 PM
It may be easier, but why would I help out a lazy smuck...
You are a rude jerk

Philip Lee
18-08-2008, 04:22 PM
ffs its only 7 pages..... if you want spoon-fed you should expect harsh comments.

anyway test drove on the weekend. it was pretty good car. steering heavier than my EP3 and handles alright. power is adequate and smooth. very nice and polished car. very good quality plastic too.

but the car is pretty low and loading/unloading kids are not easy. not good for bad back. i guess it's a no go for me because of that.

tony1234
18-08-2008, 04:27 PM
ffs its only 7 pages..... if you want spoon-fed you should expect harsh comments.

anyway test drove on the weekend. it was pretty good car. steering heavier than my EP3 and handles alright. power is adequate and smooth. very nice and polished car. very good quality plastic too.

but the car is pretty low and loading/unloading kids are not easy. not good for bad back. i guess it's a no go for me because of that.
Can't be bothered commenting any more.

denot
20-08-2008, 04:42 PM
wow interesting post... from what good about CU2 vs CL9, discussion about dealer behaviour, etc etc... is there any particular reason (beside where they are bulit :p) of buying CU2 compare to Accord V6? Also, is the "sat-nav" in CU2 can play DVD? :p

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, the Euro is the 'sport' model.

Sat nav and DVD's:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93283