PDA

View Full Version : Dash light not working

Alpine
25-09-2004, 09:57 PM
One of the dash lights in my '99 Civic isn't working. It is the light which illumates the ventilation controls on the left side. How do I replace the bulb behind the dash? Is it an easy job or do I need to get Honda Service to do it?

chaos coupe
25-09-2004, 10:13 PM
hahe got da same prob too... i might look at it for my self n change bulb n colour...

Terry
26-09-2004, 07:59 AM
i try to replace it by myself........cost $2.2 (DIY.....free labor cost :D ) But forget about changing the light blub plastic cover to red color.....i tried but it didnt make my deshboard looks like EK9....just make it darker and harder to read.

civic__dd
26-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I just recently put in a white dial kit on my 97 ek and changing a bulb is piss easy. Should take 10-15 mins max. If your wanting to play arround with colours get a few spair bulbs and go to ahobby shop and get some transperant colout paints. I got a set of clear tail lights and needed to paint my indicators and the paint worked fine. I did two layors just to be sure it didnt crack. With a few spair bulbs it could be alot of fun dude :cool:

Alpine
26-09-2004, 09:24 AM
How did you change the bulb behind the dash, in particular behind the ventilation controls? If it's easy then I'd like to do it myself, but not sure how or where to get to it.

R96P-EJ8
26-09-2004, 09:58 AM
So to get the dash colour to illuminate like the EK9 you need to paint it? Can you buy the bulbs? If so where? From the hondar dealers?

civic__dd
26-09-2004, 10:30 AM
LOL sorry mate just saw that it wasnt the dash cluster you were talking about. If you drop the palstic console out where your ash tray is you should be able to see what needs to be done. I will have a look when i get home and see what i can find out. in my defence can i note its 10:30 on a sunday and ive been at work since 8:30 :confused:

Edit: you should be able to buy sleaves for the bulbs and bulbs from repco and places like that but honda should have them but i expect they would be $$$. I wouldnt go painting them without spairs as it may be too dull or not the colour you want.