PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Manifold

nomcice
04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi i have a b18c2, just wondering if this manifold is any good and what turbo would bolt on

cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-Integra-B16-B18-Turbo-Manifold-Stainless_W0QQitemZ190240286220QQihZ009QQcategoryZ 130654QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

b18c_crx
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
get a full race turbo kit

7ypeR
05-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Manifold is not too bad. It's definitely a good alternative to the Full-Race one but the ramhorn has been proven to be one if not the best design for b-series. The good thing about the manifold your asking about is that you can retain power steering + air con. Depending on the tuner + turbo you should still make a shit load of power. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

EGB18CT
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
that manifold is one of the best pieces of shit ever made! its that good, baller chrome status right there, been heaps of threads/discussions on this just seek and you shalt find..

ss log are ok for low power and response, otherwise mini rams and full rams then top mounts, front mounts whatever your needs are there is a manifold.

good companies are:
full-race
afi
peakboost
spoolin performance (who is doing my work currently)
sls
rldfab
lovefab

any of those will be top stuff, cant really go wrong.

7ypeR
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
That design shits all over the LOG mani. Quality wise you can't be certain as you can't see the welding properly from the pic.

dudeling7
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
log mani's aint that bad man, i would rather a quality log mani than that ebay crap.

that thing will probably crack in a few months

JasonGilholme
05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
log mani's aint that bad man, i would rather a quality log mani than that ebay crap.

x2x2 :thumbsup:

mike15h
05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Isn't cast iron suppost to be better? Well what yous think about this one then?
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=cast+iron+manifolds&category0=

EGB18CT
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
That design shits all over the LOG mani. Quality wise you can't be certain as you can't see the welding properly from the pic.

lol if you think so by all means but that piece of shit. there is nothing wrong with log manifolds there is a manifold out there for different applications, sadly this manifold mentioned, i wont even touch.

7ypeR
06-08-2008, 09:58 AM
hey i did say the design was better, not that the particular ebay one was better.

cast is suppose to be better as stainless does eventually crack under extreme heat.

lol if you think so by all means but that piece of shit. there is nothing wrong with log manifolds there is a manifold out there for different applications, sadly this manifold mentioned, i wont even touch.

next time you should put your glasses on and read the post before you reply :thumbdwn:

EGB18CT
06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
^dude as i said before, that design does not shit all over a log, EACH manifold has a particular purpose, a log will spool quicker due to short runners than a full ram, a ram will aid higer peak and more power due to longer runners and less back pressure and detonation etc.. btw that isnt even a collector on that manifold, pressed together pos.

do some research...

Weq
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Manifold is not too bad. It's definitely a good alternative to the Full-Race one but the ramhorn has been proven to be one if not the best design for b-series. The good thing about the manifold your asking about is that you can retain power steering + air con. Depending on the tuner + turbo you should still make a shit load of power. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Your an idiot.

Limbo
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
lol - above

7ypeR
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Your an idiot.

yes keyboard warrior :thumbsup:

theuan101
07-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey guys, don't mean to hi jack the thread but I am buying a Garrett GT28RS (Disco Potato) for my Integra Vtir, and I was wondering what manifold I should be getting. I want to keep the air can and power steering. I am only going to go for around the 150kw at the wheel mark.

Cheers

SLOWEGG
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Depends on your budget.

EGB18CT
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
s/s log manifold air con friendly, will be ideal, and i doubt a ram manifold will gain anything at that power level. i suppose its ideal. about $260-300US plus shipping from the states.

Hey guys, don't mean to hi jack the thread but I am buying a Garrett GT28RS (Disco Potato) for my Integra Vtir, and I was wondering what manifold I should be getting. I want to keep the air can and power steering. I am only going to go for around the 150kw at the wheel mark.

Cheers

Limbo
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
i haven't seen many S/S log manifold. They are usually cast or mild steel

teaseR
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Spoolin Performance from the US makes SS log mani for $300 plus shipping

Weq
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
yes keyboard warrior :thumbsup:

Lets play a game, im going to list one thing that makes this manifold crap, and you are going to rebutt. Lets see who infact is keyboard warrioring.

I'll start:

The collector is the most important part of a manifold. The collector on this creates turbulance at the turbine, reducing efficency. It does not merge smoothly, and finishings too early. In essenace, its a cheap way to fool uneducated people.

Now its your go.

Limbo
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
i got one...
the S/S looks kinda thin, which may crack. I've seen this before on cheap headers

EGB18CT
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Its usually not the ss pipe that cracks its the shitty welding, when done by a decent welder there should not be an issue, the ss is usually the same as whats used on a $$$ ramhorn, then however much your budget allows will allow you to get a better grade of stainless, like 321 which full race uses which may have better heat and comopsite/alloy structure than say a 304 grade. Wall thickness is not always everything, it also has to do with placing of the turbo and the hang/forces pushing down on the runners, with the weight causing them to crack. Eg. 321 ss can have a thinner wall, therefore lighter, but stronger than the thicker 304 varient.

ill also add to weq's point, that the welding also plays a huge part in the durability of the manifold.

I just love this forum, if only people took some advice, even with the smallest grain of salt, they may learn something over time which will save them a bit of dosh and a few less headaches down the road. We've had sooo many valuable and talented people here only for people to start shit which in effect pisses them off the forums...

7ypeR
09-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Okay I think it seems that my initial post may have been mis-interpreted, even after i read it again it does seem like i vouch for that particular ebay manifold. What i was trying to say is that the design of the manifold is not too bad. Judging from personal experience that design is better than that of the log mani. The log is good for response & low end - mid range torque/power but Honda's are FWD so it's not like you can FULL THROTTLE in it anyway. The other mani is good for decent mid - top end power.

WEQ don't take it personal, i'm just tired of repeating myself. But in response to your game, i too agree the collector plays an important part in power production. The primaries do merge quite quickly but i guess it also depends on whether or not they are directed & if the pipes are tuned length (internally ie inside the manifold). You should know that it's what's on the inside that counts.

Your turn :thumbsup:

tekung89
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
from experience, SS manifold fails alot! some people say its the steel that cracks but wat i have found from these SSmanifolds is that they leak from the weld. but i was pretty satisfied at how much flow there was. it took about 6months for my welds to leak

cast iron is definately the way to go and it will give u alot less headaches in the long run. however there are some very good quality SS manifolds but copy cats have been made galore and all in all i would still settle for a cast iron log maniold, abit restrictive but u wont really notice it

jdm16
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Luke from the Gold Coast has run this manifold to 400whp on a B18C - tuned by the disappearing Dyno Dave.

Terrible manifold, and he re-welded the entire unit before using it - but it ran safe for at least 18 months on 300whp @ 18psi on his B16A.

It could work - but why let a $200 manifold, destroy your entire 2-5k engine + the rest of the parts.

Save a bit more and it will last much longer!

Weq
13-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Okay I think it seems that my initial post may have been mis-interpreted, even after i read it again it does seem like i vouch for that particular ebay manifold. What i was trying to say is that the design of the manifold is not too bad. Judging from personal experience that design is better than that of the log mani. The log is good for response & low end - mid range torque/power but Honda's are FWD so it's not like you can FULL THROTTLE in it anyway. The other mani is good for decent mid - top end power.

WEQ don't take it personal, i'm just tired of repeating myself. But in response to your game, i too agree the collector plays an important part in power production. The primaries do merge quite quickly but i guess it also depends on whether or not they are directed & if the pipes are tuned length (internally ie inside the manifold). You should know that it's what's on the inside that counts.

Your turn :thumbsup:

THe manifold doesnt collect. Its more like the cylinders spew wherever they had enough slag. There is no collector. There is a exit of each runner and a 3"box after that. Turbulance.

What you MEANT too say in your first post was, that this _style_ of manifold can yeild good Hp gains and let the motor breath efficently.

Unfortunatly, both the _design_, _materials_ and _craftsmanship_ of this manifold is about on par with the skills of the 10year old chinese girl who made it.

EGB18CT
16-08-2008, 12:43 AM
i got my manifold from phil at spoolin in the USofA this evening, ill show you where quality starts, its got very very nice welding, now seeing this in real life, i would not touch that ss auto crap, obx, whatever looks or is made like that even if it was given to me for free.

ill post pics tomorrow..

DLO01
16-08-2008, 07:54 AM
^^^ dito. :thumbsup:

jdm16
16-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Its funny. I dont come on this forum much, but everytime I get on "Forced Induction" - its always the same question. Best manifold, is SS Autochrome any good etc etc.

Such a waste of time. Need some stickys up there regarding SS Autochrome, best manifold etc.

Well I hope you got the answer you wanted. Save your cash, buy a proven product, do some research, select the right people, be patient, and it will work.

EGB18CT
16-08-2008, 03:07 PM
here we go:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2167.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2168.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2169.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2170.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2176.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/DSCF2177.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/IMAG0019.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/IMAG0021.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/IMAG0026.jpg

overall very happy with it, collector was done extremely good, mite try open it up around the t3 flange but im more than happy with it.