PDA

View Full Version : k20a3 ??

Integradc5lux
05-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey there,

Well im not shy to say i am a noob when it comes these new engines and well honda to be honest, now i have been doing alot of reading on it and seeing what can be done to them to get some more power so to speak, so far i have dont the little pod intake filter

what else can be done ? if anything cause so far ppl are saying not much at all, and going to lengths or changing the head from 20a3 to 20a or a2

advice and info would great

aaronng
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Not much for the K20A3 because it is limited in breathing at high RPM due to the small exhaust valve ports. You could go the usually header and exhaust, and then add a programmable ECU. The problem is for the money you spend on all this, the gain is still less than if you had a K20A2 and did the same mods.

Integradc5lux
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Not much for the K20A3 because it is limited in breathing at high RPM due to the small exhaust valve ports. You could go the usually header and exhaust, and then add a programmable ECU. The problem is for the money you spend on all this, the gain is still less than if you had a K20A2 and did the same mods.

so the engine is pretty much usless haha in terms of mods ? prolly almost worth going a k20a engine put in ? but im sure that would be rather expensive,

hmmm well not sure what to do then

DR HONDA
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
so the engine is pretty much usless haha in terms of mods ? prolly almost worth going a k20a engine put in ? but im sure that would be rather expensive,

hmmm well not sure what to do then
The engine is not useless. Similar or same mods can be carried out to this engine. Port sizing and valve sizing are identical to the K20A2. There are aftermarket companies ie skunk 2 or brian crower that make camshafts to suit these engines. PRC manifolds can be used and K20A headers can be used as well so its not useless just useless to the people who think they know it all

Integradc5lux
05-08-2008, 12:33 PM
didnt mean to say it was completly usless, well thats what i was thinking about doing is resizing the ports seeings they are small as stated ??

is it possible to get the head from a k20a/a2 and and put it on the a3 bottom or is that just a waste of time ?

DR HONDA
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
You will need to change the pistons to use the a2 head as piston to valve mash will happen in vtec due to the odd piston dome in the a3. The yanks are producing decent power out of the a3 with bolt ons and ecu

Chi
05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
If you are doing internals like cams, springs, pistons etc and tuned ecu I recommended using a RBC manifold.

Integradc5lux
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
You will need to change the pistons to use the a2 head as piston to valve mash will happen in vtec due to the odd piston dome in the a3. The yanks are producing decent power out of the a3 with bolt ons and ecu

Alright ill keep that in mind, guess ill have to keep looking around cause seems to be not easy getting parts for em :S unless im looking in the wrong places,

APEXi V-AFC II is it worth getting >>>????

aaronng
05-08-2008, 12:49 PM
The engine is not useless. Similar or same mods can be carried out to this engine. Port sizing and valve sizing are identical to the K20A2. There are aftermarket companies ie skunk 2 or brian crower that make camshafts to suit these engines. PRC manifolds can be used and K20A headers can be used as well so its not useless just useless to the people who think they know it all

My bad, I meant to say small exhaust port lift. Not size. Arrghh.. Thanks for the correction.