PDA

View Full Version : Automatic folding side mirrors when doors are locked

E_Honda
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if theres a kit out there to setup the side mirrors on a euro to fold in automatically when the doors are locked. I've seen this on some new mercs.

Type R Positive
06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Might be able to get the motors out of them and hook em up.
Im sure it can be done, but have never seen any 'kits'.

felixd
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
woah this will be a cool mods oh what about those bmw door handle dome lights they look hot i wonder if we can do it in euro aswell ?

viper8548
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
this has been discussed before, I think the euro from NZ has this as standard, anyone confirm?

johnnyofhk
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
this has been discussed before, I think the euro from NZ has this as standard, anyone confirm?

yea, anywhere is standard but australia, i would love to have my side mirror lower when reserve park as well

Ken-f
07-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Funny. I was just thinking about this today on my euro too. Would be awesome.

SPQR
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
yea, anywhere is standard but australia, i would love to have my side mirror lower when reserve park as well

The new CU2 has this feature on the passenger side door mirror. It swivels down to give a view of the kerb when reverse is selected and the mirror adjustment switch is set to the left side. Otherwise it won't do it.

Chask
08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I think the CU2 Luxury has folding mirrors.

tony1234
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah would be handy feature but i can live without it.

LD_Mart
08-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Have a look here...
People have done it to the new civic..guessing it would be the same concept..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/9735-how-switch-power-mirrors-central-locking.html

E_Honda
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
sounds like more people are interested in doing it than people that have actually done it lol

That civic guide looks interesting might look into that one, thanks LD_Mart.

aaronng
08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I think japs have this folding mirror. Get some japspec mirrors.

Crapdaz
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
folding mirrors just to look special or i mean just got money to blow.

would look nice but everyone can live without.

aaronng
08-08-2008, 05:12 PM

In countries with narrow alleys like japan, they are a necessity. If you park in an alley way, the car driving through is almost sure to clip your mirror. I was guilty of that when I was driving overseas.

kingfoo
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM

I can confirm this. My CL9 has electric folding mirrors :p

I was actually thinking about this the other day and it would be easy to hook up but would get annoying cause I wouldn't want my mirrors to fold in every time I locked the car.

Crapdaz
08-08-2008, 09:21 PM
In countries with narrow alleys like japan, they are a necessity. If you park in an alley way, the car driving through is almost sure to clip your mirror. I was guilty of that when I was driving overseas.

yeh i know what you mean, you can do it manually.

It's just that people get lazy.

When they start having that as a common equiped feature everyone would be jealous to not have a set. :wave: :thumbsup:

SpeedBird
08-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Just buy the New updated Legend, it has folding mirrors standard equipment. Easy Cheesy chaps.

Crapdaz
08-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Just buy the New updated Legend, it has folding mirrors standard equipment. Easy Cheesy chaps.

not worth the 75k value.

SPQR
08-08-2008, 11:48 PM

You sure can live without folding mirrors. I had a private import Mazda Familia GT-X AWD Turbo in the early 1990's and it had folding mirrors. It was a feature that I hardly ever used.

viper8548
09-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Suprisingly my free 08 rental jazz has this feature durung my 1000km service not auto folding tho but theres a button to fold mirrors

E_Honda
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
yeh i know what you mean, you can do it manually.

It's just that people get lazy.

When they start having that as a common equiped feature everyone would be jealous to not have a set. :wave: :thumbsup:

Its a cool feature and i definitely need it where i work, so many cars move in and out of the parking spots throughout the day and i've already been given some presents on the doors and side mirrors by people that dont give a shit. So call it lazy, but i want it installed so i can lock my doors and have at least a little bit more satisfaction knowing someone might not scratch or dint my side mirrors each day. This way i dont have to remember to manually fold them in, its all automated.

E_Honda
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Have a look here...
People have done it to the new civic..guessing it would be the same concept..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/9735-how-switch-power-mirrors-central-locking.html

It doesn't seem to have any info on what sort of motor to use for the mirrors, just creating the circuits. Anyone know what sort of motor would be needed?

Mike Star
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I can confirm this. My CL9 has electric folding mirrors :p

I was actually thinking about this the other day and it would be easy to hook up but would get annoying cause I wouldn't want my mirrors to fold in every time I locked the car.

I wonder what it would cost to have the bits shipped over from NZ? Maybe pick some up from a wrecker at a good price......???

kingfoo
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I wonder what it would cost to have the bits shipped over from NZ? Maybe pick some up from a wrecker at a good price......???

There are no CL9's at any of the wreckers around where I live. If you wanted to locate something your best bet would be to try http://www.stronghonda.co.nz/ and flick them an email. They are the largest Honda wrecker in NZ.

viper8548
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
There are no CL9's at any of the wreckers around where I live. If you wanted to locate something your best bet would be to try http://www.stronghonda.co.nz/ and flick them an email. They are the largest Honda wrecker in NZ.

Hi kingfoo, since you have it in your car as standard its good to know that an OEM part actually exists, would you be able to find out the part number for the motor in your mirror? Also, does your mirror fold when you lock the doors or is there a button to fold it manually. On the jazz i drove it doesnt fold automatically, the drive would have to press the fold mirror button everytime before getting of the car.