PDA

View Full Version : importing an NSX ?

[[d a n n y]]
02-11-2003, 09:55 AM
is it possible to import an NSX?

wynode
02-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Why?

Its already sold here in AUS. So the answer is NO unless you get it imported privately or some other "dodgy" stuff.

Rowie
02-11-2003, 10:38 AM
you gonna get an NSX dan ??? :D

[[d a n n y]]
02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
yeha thinking about it...

i want it b cuz it's rare

been looking around...

i love it...

mayb finace..

or my parents might help out...hehe

LUD02C
02-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Go to Japan, find one and look at it...
Then watch it go on the boat and then come home

Best way you can do it!

Otherwise you can look at it on net, then when it gets here, somethings are stolen etc...
And importer says "nar, that was never on there"

Jason

Rowie
02-11-2003, 11:58 PM
better off investing in a house or property before u go spending that sort of money on a car.

and then get an equity loan to pay for the car :D best way to do it :idea:

[[d a n n y]]
03-11-2003, 09:48 AM
i'm still young though..not a house yet...

so u can import NSX then ?

XXpl0Sive
03-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Danny if you get an NSX, then I bags shotgun, and taking pictures of me in it privledges!!! :lol: 8)

AP1 F20c
03-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Yes, NSXs can be imported, pricing budget still ranges from at least $70K upwards for a decent 98 spec model not inclusive of road compliance and paperwork.

[[d a n n y]]
03-11-2003, 12:39 PM
ah...k cool thanks

i want a 92-95 model

3.0l

wynode
03-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Yes, NSXs can be imported, pricing budget still ranges from at least $70K upwards for a decent 98 spec model not inclusive of road compliance and paperwork.

I was under the impression that if a car was release here in AUS that you couldn't import it.

AP1 F20c
03-11-2003, 06:45 PM
If you genuinely want to buy one, I can direct you to a few grey import dealers I know of that currently have "grey" imported NSXs readily for sale on their floors ... ? It ain't cheap, but it isn't exactly what I'd call expensive for what you get.

While a C30A 3.0L NA1 goes for approximately high $50s to max $70 that's locally imported by Honda Australia over the years. I don't see why you just go from there if you want one instead? Check the Honda dealers and usual carsales sites, there are a few sitting around from manual to auto. They aren't exactly "hotsell" items for anyone who have their in stock, more like a "white elephant".

[[d a n n y]]
03-11-2003, 06:54 PM
can i get sum info on the grey importers?

Calvo
03-11-2003, 08:08 PM
ahem danny where the fuk u gonna pull $70k from ur rear ass. thats like washin cars for 2 life times!!

lol :D

[[d a n n y]]
03-11-2003, 08:35 PM
haha yeha recon...

my parents will probly help me out or

i'm gonna go finace and register it under my company name as well

so i can get tax dedutable when i set up my business

NS SEX
04-11-2003, 07:43 PM
u can import them.. I thought bout it.. but it isnt worth it.. as it has to be stripped to shell and running gear and shipped to OZ as parts due to it being sold locally.. 2 things an NSX is a complex car I dont think Aussies would assemble the same way as Tochigi did. No driving history and also JDM spec. And the cost isn't much different.

[[d a n n y]]
05-11-2003, 07:38 AM
what's the difference?

ajnsx
21-11-2003, 12:47 PM
hi guys , just came across your forum and im a big honda fan.
http://drive.to/aaron-scrx is my old car's website which i sold to build an nsx show car.

Im currently living in Japan and purchasing an NSX next year. As the only way to get a cheap nsx is to come here an privately import one yourself.
Im lucky enough to have a found a dealer who can get one for around a million yen. to import into australia i have to pay the same amount again on tax alone. Still under $35,000 aus though!

prices to mod the car are ridiculous. ive spent $20,000 on the bodykit alone.

www.nsxprime.com has all the info the nsx you need.
www.scienceofspeed.com mod parts from america.
www.gt-rom.net parts from Japan. I deal through these guys, faultless service.

Danny if your under eighteen i would really suggest placing your money somewhere more profitable, as insurance alone will be astronomical

Nice to meet you guys
Aaron J.

VTEC16
10-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Too many ignorant noobs.

You cant import an NSX to australia unless you have owned one for more than a year in a different country.

This is mainly due to the fact that they are delivered to australia anyway.

...and i dont count taking one apart and bringing it here as "parts" as importing one.

ajnsx
10-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Ideally the internet would be useful for updating/informing people on the logistics of such things. Calling people ignorant doesnt help matters any!

Many are new to the car game/internet but there is always information to be learnt. I have been in the car game since the early '90s and am still learning!

You're right about the importing you do have to have owned the car for a year (in Japan specifcally) and be able to prove it.

Bringing a car in parts was one way to do it before the rules changed im not sure if its viable now. Two NSX's in adelaide were brought in as wrecks/parts. Too much hassle though if you ask me.

[/quote]

crx2gen
10-12-2003, 03:46 PM
To be honest, if you're thinking of running a business and using the benefits from that as the basis for buying an NSX, you're way out of your depth. I suggest if you're serious about running a business, you run the damn business for a time - the majority of small businesses fold in the first year from poor planning, and perhaps more importantly, lack of capital and poor spending. Take your time and you'll be set, and if it all goes well hell, you may be able to afford a brand new one off the floor.

When did the NSX come into production? 1990? In any case, in a couple of years they'll be eligible for 15-y/o importing.

Award for best advice in this thread so far goes to: Rowie. Don't buy a car, especially one that is damn expensive in both initial and parts costs. You're never to young to own a house, hell, I'm not even twenty and I've got two houses to my name, and using rental income to pay them off, along with whatever I can spare on the side. If you're interested in property investment, its a far safer field of investment, if your parents are willing to hit you up with some capital for a car, why not ask them to contribute to a house instead? You wont regret it down the track.

VTEC16
11-12-2003, 05:23 PM
sorry for calling people noobs....its just that i find it anoying when ppl give blatantly incorrect advice and pretend they know what they're talking about.

cheers.

Ideally the internet would be useful for updating/informing people on the logistics of such things. Calling people ignorant doesnt help matters any!

Many are new to the car game/internet but there is always information to be learnt. I have been in the car game since the early '90s and am still learning!

You're right about the importing you do have to have owned the car for a year (in Japan specifcally) and be able to prove it.

Bringing a car in parts was one way to do it before the rules changed im not sure if its viable now. Two NSX's in adelaide were brought in as wrecks/parts. Too much hassle though if you ask me.

[/quote]

ajnsx
18-12-2003, 11:42 AM
yup, youre right. Very mature response, gives me faith in the internet when there are so many idiots running around as you said.

DarkCoupe
16-02-2004, 09:38 PM
if you wait till 2005 you can import a 1990 model under the 15 years and older importing scheme thing ... and you get to keep any mods they have on the car!! :D (I think that's what I might do one day)

NS SEX
16-02-2004, 09:53 PM
most NSX's are 91's ... so still have to wait till 06'. Also NSX's 2nd hand aren't cheap even for 15 year old models compared to other jap imports. plus taxes and all that. There is a joint in Melbourne doing that still $60K+ but with mods.

DarkCoupe
16-02-2004, 09:57 PM
oh ok ... either way ... I'd loooooove to have one one day

for those who own one ... I am jealous ;) but I will join you all one day soon :D

A'PEXi
02-04-2004, 01:46 PM
i don't like the older models as much as the type r.... would love to own one, except they are 200g's +..... i'd rather maybe a dc5r/s2k with a few mods and use the left over money (if there is any hahahaha) for other stuff :P