PDA

View Full Version : Best Street suspension for a 05 Euro

taz_435
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
hey all
i need some advice on which suspension would be most suited to lowering an 05 Lux without having to substitute overall ride quality
the euro already have great handling so if they can improve thats a bonus
i know its been mentioned before but i want to get everyones thoughts
cheers

aaronng
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I liked both Eibach + Bilstein and Eibach + Koni Yellow. I'd give Bilstein the edge for comfort, but I think the Koni Yellow has an adjustable spring perch so you can choose your height.

tony1234
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I liked both Eibach + Bilstein and Eibach + Koni Yellow. I'd give Bilstein the edge for comfort, but I think the Koni Yellow has an adjustable spring perch so you can choose your height.
Haha.I agree.Do i need to comment further!

BiLL|z0r
10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Tein SS Coilovers are very comfy. Merlin has them and I didn't even notice a difference in ride quality yet handles better and has that great lowered look + with coilovers they are fully height adjustable.

Type R Positive
10-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Does anyone with coilovers actually play around with height adjustment?

Crapdaz
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
yeh, i am in the process.

16" stockies *DONE* - adjusted until it didnt scrub the guards (about 1 finger all round)
18" wheels now - fixed preload back to how it was originally and in process to get it nice and close to guards (2.25 fingers all round)

But playin around is annoying cause you need to get it aligned and all everytime.

aaronng
10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
The height drop on the Eibach + Bilstein seem good enough for me. Looks a bit lower than the height that I have my Tein Flex at. Also the coilovers tend to start making noises after a few months/years.

snYpz
10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The height drop on the Eibach + Bilstein seem good enough for me. Looks a bit lower than the height that I have my Tein Flex at. Also the coilovers tend to start making noises after a few months/years.

But that isnt a major problem...can always add some grease to fix the problem.
Although i dont play around with the height settings often, its good to be able to adjust to suit personal preference or when new mods are added eg kits.

tony1234
10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
That's what concerned me with coilovers,squeaking and creaking.

aaronng
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
But that isnt a major problem...can always add some grease to fix the problem.
Although i dont play around with the height settings often, its good to be able to adjust to suit personal preference or when new mods are added eg kits.

My problem is one that grease won't solve. :) It probably needs revalving.

longers
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
sorry to hijack thread.
in your honest opinions are coilovers better than springs + shocks?
im wanting to lower my car. but don't know to go teins or eibachs + koni's

thanks

aaronng
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
sorry to hijack thread.

thanks

Depends what you want to use the car for. If for track, then coilovers because of the availabiltiy of stiffer springs.

Crapdaz
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
sorry to hijack thread.

thanks

if you only want to lower and not change height after then go for eibach + koni (this option needs you to plan out your mods in order otherwise your stuffed by forking out more money to change height).

coilovers have flexibility for tracking for spring stiffness, and for height adjustability if you get larger wheels or bodykit installed afterwards.

downfall coilovers might be too rock hard or noisy for you.

longers
10-08-2008, 09:41 PM
hahaha nah i need to lower it a fair bit.
yeah im not planning to track the car...its an accord after all pretty much just for looks

aaronng
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM
hahaha nah i need to lower it a fair bit.
yeah im not planning to track the car...its an accord after all pretty much just for looks

Then go for spring + shock, or Tein SS or CS if you still want height adjustment..

longers
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
thanks aarong :thumbsup: will look into it

taz_435
10-08-2008, 11:39 PM
thanks for the info guys
so best option for flexibility comfort and handling would be the Tein SS?

aaronng
10-08-2008, 11:50 PM
thanks for the info guys
so best option for flexibility comfort and handling would be the Tein SS?

Tein CS. And you can't get both comfort and handling because you need stiffer spring rates for better handling. It is a balance.

taz_435
11-08-2008, 12:09 AM
got any idea of pricing for CS i know Tein SS are around 1300 from one of the traders

aaronng
11-08-2008, 12:15 AM
got any idea of pricing for CS i know Tein SS are around 1300 from one of the traders

CS is more expensive. Should be around a similar price to flex and monoflex.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 01:24 PM
CS is discontinued now i think....

and would be about the same price or more than tein/monoflex.

aaronng
11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
CS is discontinued now i think....

and would be about the same price or more than tein/monoflex.
No, Tein CS is still a current model. http://www.tein.co.jp/search/search1.cgi?act=ITEM&item=CST&make=HONDA

GSA42-K1SS3
Price: 160,000(本体)\168,000(税込) Yen

Euro08Jaz
11-08-2008, 04:10 PM
why would it be the same price or more expensive than monoflex?

aaronng
11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
why would it be the same price or more expensive than monoflex?

Because it has all the same features as Monoflex, but with softer springs and valving for softer damping. It has the same monotube, microvalving, lower height mount, upper pillowball mount and anti-corrosion teflon coating.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 06:07 PM
No, Tein CS is still a current model. http://www.tein.co.jp/search/search1.cgi?act=ITEM&item=CST&make=HONDA

GSA42-K1SS3
Price: 160,000(本体)\168,000(税込) Yen
that doesn't include shipping or tax....
so would be about the same as monoflex or more which is right. :wave:

aaronng
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
that doesn't include shipping or tax....
so would be about the same as monoflex or more which is right. :wave:

Of course, this is Japan RRP.

BTW, Monoflex price:
GSA42-F1SS1
185,000 (本体)\194,250 (税込)

More than CS.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Of course, this is Japan RRP.

BTW, Monoflex price:
GSA42-F1SS1
185,000 (本体)\194,250 (税込)

More than CS.

uh huh nice to know, should sell my mono's and get CS for comfort.

aaronng
11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
uh huh nice to know, should sell my mono's and get CS for comfort.
Would be interesting for me to ride in your car and you ride in my car to compare the difference between flex and monoflex. Who knows, I might find your Monoflex comfortable!

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Would be interesting for me to ride in your car and you ride in my car to compare the difference between flex and monoflex. Who knows, I might find your Monoflex comfortable!

nah... i doubt you would.

but yeh would be nice to see the differences. And you haven't changed your wheels, still on stockies right?

do you find the flex pretty noisy sometimes on different roads?

aaronng
11-08-2008, 07:12 PM
nah... i doubt you would.

but yeh would be nice to see the differences. And you haven't changed your wheels, still on stockies right?

do you find the flex pretty noisy sometimes on different roads?
On stockies.

It is noisy because of the pillowball mounts. It makes a knocking sound. That is the downside of pillowball mounts.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
On stockies.

It is noisy because of the pillowball mounts. It makes a knocking sound. That is the downside of pillowball mounts.

haha yeh, that kinda sucks.
when im talking with my gf and have music on at the same time.
e.g on parramatta rd i can't hear what she is saying sometimes cause of them. :p

in your opinion you reckon CS would be worth it, and if my other half is preggers then would you think it's too hard?

Cause i will prob convert to something comfy when the time comes....

aaronng
11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
haha yeh, that kinda sucks.
when im talking with my gf and have music on at the same time.
e.g on parramatta rd i can't hear what she is saying sometimes cause of them. :p

in your opinion you reckon CS would be worth it, and if my other half is preggers then would you think it's too hard?

Cause i will prob convert to something comfy when the time comes....
Something is wrong with yours if your Monoflex is new and making so much noise.

Yeah, Monoflex is definitely not for babies (both born and unborn). CS will feel like a slightly softer SS.

longers
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
after reading the discussion between aaronng and crapdaz..im once again unsure.
im after a drop...nothing crazy..but im also after something adjustable.
i had a look at the tein website and it seems like they only have the BASIC, SS and SS-P coilovers. (i have a vti accord)
im after something that won't kill the comfort of the ride too much. is that possible?
im thinking going mugens since im getting most things for my car from mugen

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
i had a look at the tein website and it seems like they only have the BASIC, SS and SS-P coilovers. (i have a vti accord)
im after something that won't kill the comfort of the ride too much. is that possible?

it's really hard to judge by word of mouth.

you need to ride in someone's car to feel it, before you can really judge.
but presumably bilstein + eibach or koni setup would be better otherwise go mugen then since your getting stuff from them and the settings aren't as harsh.

Also what is your budget on suspension? Assuming from you buying mugen stuff your made out of it, spare some for me to tune my car? PRETTY PLEASE!!!?!??!

hope this gets you out of partial confusion :D

aaronng
11-08-2008, 08:03 PM

You need to find people with Accords with coilovers to find out their experience. What is the spring rate of the SS for Accord? Why do you need adjustable height?

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
brag factor yo! AS AARONNG has mentioned as chassis is different.
kidding.

bodaas
11-08-2008, 08:12 PM
if you need ride and comfot, H&R suspension also best and its not cheap

its better than eibach,

coilover suspension also avalaible

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:13 PM

you might try to look for a set of mugen or H&R coilovers as they will prob be the best bet on being the softest on ride quality.

if you need ride and comfot, H&R suspension also best and its not cheap

its better than eibach,

coilover suspension also avalaible
i've heard from people around the forum saying H&R is too soft.

just curious has anyone actually tried BILSTEIN coilovers? I was going to get them before i ended up getting monoflex'

Euro08Jaz
11-08-2008, 08:15 PM
so cs is the same as mono except softer spring rates? would cs handle better than ss? man i've been umming and arring over this for ages i mean i really want superb handling but i dont want it to defeat the purpose of the car. why cant they make a suspension thats awesomely stiff when you need it and soft when you want it. MAN THATS WHAT I THOUGHT EDFC WAS FOR!!!

longers
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
hahaha
aarong find me a person with a done up vti accord and tell me...
silly me for buying the accord but im making the best of what i have LOL.
i dont really have a budget..what ever it costs is what ever i have to save up for..all my pay cheques get cashed and put back into my car :eek:

after height adjustment cause i want to get a kit..but dunno whether to get kit first then sussy or vice versa

spring Rate for the SS is: 9kgf/mm for front and 6kgf/mm for rear

thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
so cs is the same as mono except softer spring rates? would cs handle better than ss? man i've been umming and arring over this for ages i mean i really want superb handling but i dont want it to defeat the purpose of the car. why cant they make a suspension thats awesomely stiff when you need it and soft when you want it. MAN THATS WHAT I THOUGHT EDFC WAS FOR!!!

if you want that then go for bilstein/eibach combo, you get the stiffness and you get the softness.

if the meet comes around and tony1234 is there get a ride of his car and you'll find out how good it is.:eek:

hahaha
aarong find me a person with a done up vti accord and tell me...
silly me for buying the accord but im making the best of what i have LOL.
i dont really have a budget..what ever it costs is what ever i have to save up for..all my pay cheques get cashed and put back into my car :eek:

after height adjustment cause i want to get a kit..but dunno whether to get kit first then sussy or vice versa

spring Rate for the SS is: 9kgf/mm for front and 6kgf/mm for rear

thanks for your help :thumbsup:

btw which mugen were you aiming to get? i've posted previous for the Mugen Sports Suspension is about F: 5.4kgf/mm and R: 3.5kgf/mm
that was for the euro though. but should be the same as the accord if they have one for it.

or buddyclub sedan spec damper?

(http://www.nengun.com/buddy-club/sedan-spec-damper)

longers
11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
this one:
http://mugen-power.com/past/inspire2nd/parts02.html

front: 6.1kgf/m and rear: 3.6kgf/m

also thinking about the exhuasts...
sucks when you have a car that hardly has aftermarket support

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM
yeh that's the mugen one i was talking about.

trial an error, be the first.
I've bought stuff unsure about if it fits properly.

as long as you buy it to suit your model, CM5 it is from your details.
If it all comes down to it you can get the exhaust shop to cut and reweld your pipe to suit better.
and if your doing exhaust are you planning on change headers and cat?

Hope this helped a bit.

longers
11-08-2008, 08:35 PM
hahaha yeah it has helped.
thanks mate.
um headers and cat eh..ill say no now.
but if you keep track of my mod thread...ill prolly end up getting doing it :p
like when i was like no engine mods when i got the car...tomorrow ill be installing my cai

bodaas
11-08-2008, 08:38 PM
you might try to look for a set of mugen or H&R coilovers as they will prob be the best bet on being the softest on ride quality.

i've heard from people around the forum saying H&R is too soft.

just curious has anyone actually tried BILSTEIN coilovers? I was going to get them before i ended up getting monoflex'

i doubt many peoples using H&R suspension kit, because they arent cheap you know

even the lowering spring bit cost more than eibach, when i bought one from overseas couple years ago for my car

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:41 PM
once you start modding you can't stop.

good on you, take happy snaps.

Euro08Jaz
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
ive had h&r recommend to me for best compromise between handling and comfort.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
i doubt many peoples using H&R suspension kit, because they arent cheap you know

even the lowering spring bit cost more than eibach, when i bought one from overseas couple years ago for my car

yeh, say they about 2k shipped here i think estimating from price value on us sites.

might as well go bilstein coilovers then, at least can source locally.

longers
11-08-2008, 08:46 PM
you can see what it looks like now (http://http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94046)

ignore the exhaust coming off soon

doosra
11-08-2008, 11:26 PM
what bout buddyclub n+.. ? i've got these on my euro.. initially when i was doing research on ozhonda about which coilovers to get, alot of people said they're hard. I found them fairly comfy but then again, i havent been in any other euro with different suspension and when i bought my euro, it was running of lowerd springs and shot shocks. The only issue is they suck over narrow speed humps.... but best mod i could ever do = )

tony1234
12-08-2008, 07:37 AM
yeh, say they about 2k shipped here i think estimating from price value on us sites.

might as well go bilstein coilovers then, at least can source locally.
Bilstein coilovers will cost a bomb.:eek:

Crapdaz
12-08-2008, 07:41 AM
yeh i know they will tony.....
was going to get them a while ago but ended up with teins mfp.

BraXta
15-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Ive been lookin at suspension too =P

But im undecided as well... maybe we should organise a meet and all the different euros with their different suspension setups all take ppl driving and yeh =P hehe

aaronng
15-08-2008, 12:10 AM
yeh i know they will tony.....
was going to get them a while ago but ended up with teins mfp.

Or you could sell me the MFP for dirt cheap. hhehehehe

Euro08Jaz
15-08-2008, 02:12 AM
on the little graph thing ss looks to be better performance wise compared to cs and monflex seems rated stiffer than flex? would cs or ss provide better handling or am i misreading the graph?

Crapdaz
15-08-2008, 05:39 AM
on my 2007 catalog.

SS is bottom left side which is slightly off centre towards the Street/Standard.
Monoflex more towards premium/competition (top right), flex is closer to premium near the centre horizontal line but underneath flex.

SS will provide more comfort on street although if you only track once in a while SS will do the trick, but for tracking i'd go for flex/mfp cause of stiffer spring rate. To answer your question yes you are reading it incorrect. The closer to the centre of the circle the purpose is more centralised.

http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/img/matrix.gif

Hope this helps.

tony1234
15-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Hahaha,you all know what i recommend for spring/shock combo!!!

Crapdaz
15-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Damn eibach + bilstein!!
kekeke

Hahaha,you all know what i recommend for spring/shock combo!!!
you better come to the meet, as i want to find out how comfy they are cause i will convert to those later on when my other half is preggers if it's suitable.

Euro08Jaz
15-08-2008, 02:33 PM
by the look of the graph ss is way better for competition than cs? Eibach + bilstein better handling wise than ss? whats the spring rates? lol i swaer to god tony sells this shit :p

tony1234
15-08-2008, 03:42 PM
by the look of the graph ss is way better for competition than ss? Eibach + bilstein better handling wise than ss? whats the spring rates? lol i swaer to god tony sells this shit :p
Haha,no i don't.I think it suits the Euro so well.The Euro being a"semi luxury semi sport"sort of car.

BlitZ
15-08-2008, 04:19 PM
no such thing as best.. silly question..