PDA

View Full Version : ITR type steering column for EG

Moya
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm sick of the EG4 steering feeling like a Barina. I can do a 3 point turn in 1 point using my pinkie, and I don't get any feedback through the wheel. My mate has a DC2R and I love driving it and I want similar steering to his.

What options do I have?

If I remove power steering from the EG will it give me the handling and feedback I want?

I have B18CR coming soon and I'll be keeping AC. Maybe I could get PS and Steering column to?

Thx

Sydsyd
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
if u love driving the DC2R and have B18CR coming soon...might as well get the actual DC2R...

bennjamin
10-08-2008, 10:15 PM
If I remove power steering from the EG will it give me the handling and feedback I want?

I have B18CR coming soon and I'll be keeping AC. Maybe I could get PS and Steering column to?

Thx

the steering column is not relevant to the "feel" of the ITRs feeling or feedback. The difference is the steering RACK ratio is slightly different than the EG civic. It gives more repsonse for the same effort and thus better "feel". You can change it over by all means.

Other things to make the EG feel like the DC2R -

larger rear swaybar
increase frontal castor
def. use a LSD equppied gearbox etc

Moya
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
if u love driving the DC2R and have B18CR coming soon...might as well get the actual DC2R...

Because I want a modified EG? Ignoring the fact it weights a lot less.

the steering column is not relevant to the "feel" of the ITRs feeling or feedback. The difference is the steering RACK ratio is slightly different than the EG civic. It gives more repsonse for the same effort and thus better "feel". You can change it over by all means.

larger rear swaybar
increase frontal castor
def. use a LSD equppied gearbox etc

Already running full ITR suspension and brakes. (no camber changes though).

Thanks for the info regarding the rack ratio. Can you tell me more? Maybe I should google 'how car steering works'. Can I modify this rack ratio without a new steering rack?

bennjamin
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
short of rebuilding the rack to suit your needs there is only one thing you can do.

get a larger or smaller steering wheel to "alter" your steering ratio.

seriously tho just get an actual ITR steering rack and use that

Bludger
11-08-2008, 02:52 AM

larger rear swaybar
increase frontal castor
def. use a LSD equppied gearbox etcCastor isn't adjustable on the dc2r now is it???

are there kits available to change the castor????

bennjamin
11-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Castor isn't adjustable on the dc2r now is it???

are there kits available to change the castor????

it is - very same kit for it , that suits EG civics. (washers for the lower control arm - does HEAPS for steering feedback and handling) Otherwise you can swap the front upper control arms L to R , and this gives you alittle extra castor too.

Moya
11-08-2008, 01:47 PM
short of rebuilding the rack to suit your needs there is only one thing you can do.

get a larger or smaller steering wheel to "alter" your steering ratio.

seriously tho just get an actual ITR steering rack and use that

Thanks. So it's just a matter of changing the castor (swapping L/R LCA's) and swapping Steering racks?

Bludger
11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I would change your steering rack and increase castor.

its not well known that castor increases camber while turning:)

dumped echo
14-08-2008, 04:51 PM
i recently changed my steering wheel from my breeze to ITR one. Feels a lot better just from the smaller diameter..

Bludger
14-08-2008, 04:53 PM
This looks good......
Dial in that castor!!!!

http://www.k-tuned.com/9201k.html