PDA

View Full Version : Got the Prelude! Questions...

Redteg
26-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Guys, my g/f picked up the Prelude yesterday, and we spent most of today cleaning it go here for (pics) (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9590). I just had a few questions:

1) It has foglights. In the online manual it shows foglights as factory. These look stock, but the wiring is all dodgy/aftermarket. Is there a factory foglight switch available? I need to redo the wiring.
2) I am assuming there is supposed to be a pocket directly underneath the stereo, correct? Need that too
3) Are all Preludes supposed to have a chin spoiler up front?
4) Parking lamp lenses are orange, are they all orange or can I find clear ones?

Shopping list:
Foglight switch
Center console pocket
New Headlights (one was replaced with a sealed thing, one bigass globe!)
Chin spoiler
89 rear tailights! (someone put 91 lights on the rear, not allowing for the key lock for the boot; changing the orientation of the reverse lights and thus leaving big openings in the rear of the car, as well as looking quite gay with the 89 model boot still on there.

It drives well, the 4WS takes a while to get used to but I learnt to appreciate it when having to do tight turns around roundabouts and out of driveways and such. Higher speed turning will take some time to get used to, it feels, like so many others have said, as though the back is coming out. Also the seating position made me feel a little vulnerable, it has a pretty low dash, even compared to the Integra. The car itself sits quite high, we should invest in some springs too come to think of it...

Richmond98
27-09-2004, 01:38 AM
the switch for the fog lights goes next to the button the make the lights pop up and down.

And hear is a pic of what it should look like under the CD player.

http://www.racinghonda.com/images/t_richardsCockpit.jpg

And there are park lights that are not orange. their a kind of gray colour but the turn signals are still orange

Redteg
28-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the pic man, It's helped me add more to my "to buy" list, hehe