PDA

View Full Version : S2000: Broken Power Steering Unit

nuffsaid
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi guys

It seems that the power steering electronic control unit found at the top of the engine bay on the drivers side has gone bust on me. At least I think that is the case.

Car has no power steering at all

Anyone had a similar problem?

And where / how can t be fixed?

Finding S2000 parts at the wreckers is proving very difficult!

Thanks

JMSBND
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I wondered what would happen if that stopped. Is it still drivable?

nuffsaid
11-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Still drivable, just no power steering at all

crazy_legs
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Is the EPS light on in the dash?

Fairly rare that these things go bust. The only experience I have was that I didnt have enough battery to power it, once i changed to a new battery everything was sweet again.

I think I saw one on Ebay.co.uk for sale for $70 i think.

ludecrs
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Could also get one from s2ki.com for sale section for any one of the numerous part out threads available online if worst came to worst :)

nuffsaid
13-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys

Yeah the light is on in the dash =(

Must be a random problem then if not many people have experienced a similar thing.

itr224
13-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi guys

It seems that the power steering electronic control unit found at the top of the engine bay on the drivers side has gone bust on me. At least I think that is the case.

Car has no power steering at all

Anyone had a similar problem?

And where / how can t be fixed?

Finding S2000 parts at the wreckers is proving very difficult!

Thanks

If the EPS light is on the dash, go to somwhere that can pull the code for you, then you will be able to pinpoint what area of your power steering is malfunctioning.

There have been a few members on s2ki that have had problems with their torque sensors malfunctioning, which causes the EPS light to come on and cut the power steerring.

It's better to know for sure what is wrong with your power steering rather than just replacing components bit by bit.

I posted a DIY in this thread for pulling the codes from your car, if you don't want to send it into honda.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91151