PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol GEN3 Speedo issue

theuan101
11-08-2008, 05:21 PM
My mate has a 93 CRX, and his Speedometer is playing up. It had a mind of its own, it works sort of for a couple of minutes then stop working? It shows that when you do 80km/h only about 25km/h on average, it varies all the time?? Anyone had the same problem? Will it be a easy fix??

Cheers
Juan

Dems
11-08-2008, 05:35 PM
dunno about the problem, but a 93 crx is a gen 3 and commonly known as a del sol. hope someone can help.

bennjamin
11-08-2008, 06:05 PM
the speedo is derived from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) located ontop of the gearbox , ontop of the differential housing. check it is firmly clicked in , no rust or gun in and around it or inside the clip itself (bad connection) Also check that your gearbox ground wire is properly secure

IF you get the chance , try to borrow a VSS from a mate that has a del sol too and see if that might be the issue

theuan101
11-08-2008, 09:01 PM
the speedo is derived from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) located ontop of the gearbox , ontop of the differential housing. check it is firmly clicked in , no rust or gun in and around it or inside the clip itself (bad connection) Also check that your gearbox ground wire is properly secure

IF you get the chance , try to borrow a VSS from a mate that has a del sol too and see if that might be the issue

Cheers, I will Try it on the weekend!

spiderman
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I have to agree my speedo did not work at all when i bought it and i changed the same unit to get it working again