PDA

View Full Version : Civic ES headlight dimming at gear change

Tway
11-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey
I just bought an ES civic (2001 thinks its an ES) and noticed that when i change gears the headlight dims a little, when i push in the clutch. it happens a lot of the time and just wondering if thats normal since this is my first manual car.

Any help or answers very much appreciated :D

thanks

Tway

OMG.JAI xD
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
shud be gli or vi.

are you sure it dims? or just that when you change gears the car at the front drops a little due to the loss of intertia. making it look less bright.

im sure 01 model is hydro.
unless your clutch pedal is being grounded to something, and when you depress the clutch, gives a shorter ground path for something .. causing the headlights to dim?
if that even made sense.

stick my first one.
drive in your garage. or up to a wall.
hand brake on.
no gear selecting.
press the clutch in.
see if it dims.
if it does .. come bak to us =]

Limbo
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM
check groundings. The ES & EU model seem to have alot of plastic screws, make sure the earths are on proper metal parts, as when i earthed some parts for HIDs i found out that the parts were plastic and not earthing the items

Tway
13-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks OMG.JAI and Limbo for your suggestions :)

i tried clutch in with the car pointed at the wall but the headlights didn't dim. I'll try and have a look a the grounding and see if that helps. Otherwise i guess ill have to live with it, small problem to have anyways hehe

thanks again for your help :D

Tway

Type R Positive
13-08-2008, 07:40 PM
It is a good sign that your battery is nearly dead.

OMG.JAI xD
14-08-2008, 09:08 PM
It is a good sign that your battery is nearly dead.

car running battery is just dead weight.
only stores charge coming from the alternator.
once car is started alternator provides power to all electrics.

if car was off.
then probably.