Got quoted today $44K....

lux - non sat nav
mats
tint
parcel tray
front and rear aero bars
side skirts.

sounded pretty good.

Drove it on the weekend and wasn't impressed with the power. Felt slower than the current model which is a dam shame. Then again I didn't flat chat all the gears and motor is not run in (huge diff).

Suspension felt softer than I thought. I got the impression with all this 'handling' tag thrown around that the suspension would felt abit more firmer.........on wells.........still living my R dreams through a family sedan I guess.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi boys,

lux - non sat nav
mats
tint
parcel tray
front and rear aero bars
side skirts.

sounded pretty good.

Drove it on the weekend and wasn't impressed with the power. Felt slower than the current model which is a dam shame. Then again I didn't flat chat all the gears and motor is not run in (huge diff).

Suspension felt softer than I thought. I got the impression with all this 'handling' tag thrown around that the suspension would felt abit more firmer.........on wells.........still living my R dreams through a family sedan I guess.

yeh mainly cause your didn thrash it abit and it's 100kg heavier than current CL9 model.

Eurotony
11-08-2008, 06:52 PM
44k on the road..........mmm not bad. I felt the same about mine but once you start living with it you realise it is as good as before & better. It does handle & handle well & it does go. Turbine smooth & just keeps pulling, I have the auto & it's just as good as it always was. You won't be sorry.:thumbsup:

aaronng
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM

If you don't use full throttle up to redline, of course it will feel weak. It is an NA 2.4L inline 4, not an 8 litre V10.

The handling is supposed to be better WITHOUT being stiffer. If you are after something stiff, you need to shop elsewhere. Keep your old car and buy a 2nd hand DC2R or DC5R.

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 08:01 PM
lol if you want stiff drive my car, hard to turn wheel.

aaronng
11-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Why is it hard to turn the wheel? Mine isn't like that.

SPQR
11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Mine is stiff sometimes. Oops! I should elaborate on that. With tyres nearing the end of life, it can get tiring to turn the wheel even at speed. It's all that extra rubber in contact with the road.

The CU2 gets its improved handling from its much wider track and lower centre of gravity. I'm sure that the suspension is fancier as well. I found the ride to be deliciously compliant. Bumps are absorbed very well: Much better than the CL9.

Bobjones
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
If that is for the manual, that is a pretty decent price including metallic paint as well (so any colour other than red).

Crapdaz
12-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Why is it hard to turn the wheel? Mine isn't like that.

prob cause of my 18" wheels.
but in motion it's not bad, pretty stiff though when i went from my gf stock euro back to mine.

hisoka
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM

is that all the time or sometimes~had that same problem on here~figured out had redo the PS fluid lol

Crapdaz
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
is that all the time or sometimes~had that same problem on here~figured out had redo the PS fluid lol

compared to when i had stock 16", it's alot stiffer.

aaronng
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
prob cause of my 18" wheels.
but in motion it's not bad, pretty stiff though when i went from my gf stock euro back to mine.

What's your tyre pressure and tyre size?

hisoka
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM
aaronng actually helped me with this last time lol~yer if i had to bet probably first would be steering fluid(which doesnt seem the case)~then tire pressure, . i think theres a thread about this somewere

viper8548
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi boys,

lux - non sat nav
mats
tint
parcel tray
front and rear aero bars
side skirts.

sounded pretty good.

manual i guess?

MKI4EVA
15-08-2008, 05:41 PM
yeh manual.

I just realised the MKV GTI's are so cheap now.........even 5door one is ok price in DSG.....even though new model on it's way.............hmmmm

we've decided to hold off to march next year.......

fingers crossed for 09-spec wheels.

tony1234
15-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I think Aaron posted it up before but as a rough guide if you can get the car including on road costs for the same price as advertised plus on roads you're doing well.

hisoka
15-08-2008, 09:48 PM
yer~and to push it ask for a little something extra~say mats or foggies is what my freinds did~mine didnt come with mats~did not notice until someone else hopped in, this was on 07