PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find parking brake wire ?

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I am installing a Pioneer DVD Units today . this unit come with a green cable called Parking Brake require to connect to hot wire of my parking brake cable .

I tried only to connect Batt+ ACC/Ign and Ground but the units doesn't power up . Did abit of googling to bypass this safety feature people saying i can just connect this wire to Ground . Also tried this method but units still doesn't power up so i guess i have to find the parking brake wire and hook up to this place .

I got my old audio units and power up and working great so i guess there is nothing wrong with my wiring and cabling .

Anyone did this before can help me find this cable ? Pics is great

Thanks

.QD
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I wrote on the other thread, mine is bypassed by connecting to the ground. Dont you have a wiring diagram with info on it?

Crapdaz
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
how are you connecting your battery acc/ign? through the harness?

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I wrote on the other thread, mine is bypassed by connecting to the ground. Dont you have a wiring diagram with info on it?

I did connect this "Parking Brake" Wire and Black Ground cable to Black Ground coming out from the car but it didn't work ? What happen to your HU if you don't connect that wire up will it turn on ?

TO Crapdaz :

I waiting for my proper harness sending from the US , i connect it straight to the cable before the harness for now . i also got my old units connecting this way and working great .

.QD
11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I did connect this "Parking Brake" Wire and Black Ground cable to Black Ground coming out from the car but it didn't work ? What happen to your HU if you don't connect that wire up will it turn on ?

Never actually tried to tell ya the truth. Here's my harness if it helps.

http://cthr00.com.au/qd/myCL9/myCL9-audio-harness.jpg

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
THanks for the pics .

I think something wrong with my HU , I think i did it right and connect it up to ground to bypass the Brake Sensor but it never power up .

Maybe will bring to the pros at Doran or Straightfield Car Audio to have a look at to see what wrong the HU .