View Full Version : Eg steering racks

EGJOE
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Quick question, "are all steering racks for eg the same?"

Any help appreciated

EGJOE:thumbsup:

bennjamin
12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
For local audm models they are the same and compatible (hatch sedan )

EGJOE
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Is there a preferable one? like eg6?

nd55
14-08-2008, 04:13 PM
> are all steering racks for eg the same?

My research from US web sites indicates there are two racks, power and non-power steering versions.

The chassis cross member dictates which rack you can fit.

ie vehicle OEM equiped with power steering will require a cross member from an OEM manual rack vehicle for a swap.

Otherwise no difference.

Like Ben says, I don't think OZ received the manual rack versions, but that's at best a guess.

EG, EK and integra share very similar chassis.

I believe different integra models received different ratio racks, so maybe a ITR or VTi-R may be the best source for a donor rack, however it's probably not worth the hassle.

Nick.

EGJOE
14-08-2008, 05:12 PM
cheers thanks for that guys
The one i got in the car atm is from an eg6 but its beginning to leak the tiniest bit. So I need to know if its any diff to local ones ratio etc. Its one of those things not many ppl know about and thats including me hehe.

teh_mechanic
15-08-2008, 05:17 PM
ive got an eg6 in my eg5 atm (but since you got an eg6 in already, i suppose you already knew that one fit).

all power steer racks fit the power steer cross member, and they are all the same.....there is no benefit in putting an eg6 one in,it just happens that they are easy to come by from torn apart halfcuts
all non power steer racks (not released in aus) fit the non power steer cross member

not a fun job,goodluck

EGJOE
15-08-2008, 05:22 PM
thanks exactly what i needed to know
cheers
JOE