PDA

View Full Version : Steering lock and CD tuner for car??

P4T
12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi guys,

I have just bought a Honda Civic GLi 1994. I'm living in Melbourne, quite near CBD. I want to buy 2 things for my car:

1. Because I have to park it on street and out of my observable range, so I want to buy a Steering lock or smth which can secure my car .
2. My car has only cassete player. I want to update it to CD or DVD player.

This is the first car I have ever bought in Oz, so could you guys please help me to know some information about 2 above items I want to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Raztaz
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/images/feb0801/steering-lock-1.jpg
steering lock like that? pop down to any local department store (kmart, big W, Target etc etc)or car shop, they will have em.

CD/DVD player, what are you after? one with mp3 as well and USB ports? (what sort of features) Could go to a JB Hi Fi and have a look around. Thers a few Alpine official places around melb as well, look on the alpine site.

P4T
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh, yeah, thank you!!

That lock is what I mean. But I dont know if it really safe or not? And do you know which brand is good for this lock?

And for the CD tuner, I think I'd like the one which can support Mp3, and if it has USB port then perfect. Could you pls recommend me some good brands and affordable price? and which store I should come to buy.

Thx again!

dc2dc2dc2
12-08-2008, 11:34 PM
affordable price i'd say go JVC.... they offer mp3/usb headunits for pretty damn cheap.
as for club lock
honestly dont bother.

Raztaz
12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
yeh, if a thief realy wants your car, your steering lock wont do much imo.
JVC are the cheaper ones, or you could go jump on the sony bandwagon and get one of those, there OK...but dont really appeal to me. Alpine is pretty good but a bit more expensive

RtN
12-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh.. I thought steering lock would be the safest... more than an alarm... how do they chop it.. ._.

P4T
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you!!

As your opinion, club lock doesnt help much. So what lock or security equipment can help us to protect the car more realiably in this case?

(My car has alarm system but I park it pretty far from where I live so I dont think it helps much)

RtN
13-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Well there's tracking that might be a pretty good bet.