PDA

View Full Version : automatic eg coupe--- h22 swap mount question

luda 4g srv
13-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi Im new to Oz , and have found alot of the threads here helpful to me, i am currently swapping an h22 into my civic. Now the thing ive noticed is most ppl have either gotten kits that replace the passenger side tranny mount or their cars were originally a standard to drill new holes in. The bracket on the auto car seems to rise at a roughly 30 deg. angle. Has anybody encountered this before and know of a simple solution.

bennjamin
13-08-2008, 08:40 AM
cut the passenger side mount off (the chassis) and you have to reweld in a manual mount. then use the correct h series mounts.

that is , for your lhd car. here in OZ its the drivers side mount ! still the gearbox mount regardless

luda 4g srv
13-08-2008, 10:18 PM
thank you

do you think it would work if i was to cut the existing bracket and bend it then re-weld?
I dont know how difficult it would be to completely remove the mount from the chassis

luda 4g srv
19-08-2008, 11:15 AM
soo, the auto transmission mount is totally different than a manual. I removed the auto mount from the frame and cut it to bend horizonal and drilled new holes and re-welded to the frame in order to mount the big big h22. WOW what a chore!! Fun tho thanks for the input