PDA

View Full Version : how to remove back seats to run AMP Cable

dansanhdieu
13-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I got the power cable for AMP through the firewall fine and run it along the side of both doors . Now i am stuck again feed it through the back seats .

Do i have to remove the whole back seats out to put the power cable and RCA cable underneath ? I can remove 4 bolts on both side and take off complete the back of the seat but i spent almost 2 hours but can't find a way to remove the bottom parts .

Please help

Crapdaz
13-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Pull the seat up so it unclips, and on the side trim sections on the corner there are 1 10mm bolt on each side.
Unbolt that and remove the trim.

Hope this helps

dansanhdieu
13-08-2008, 03:29 PM
you mean the bottom part of the seats ? It seem there is some bolts holding it I can't pull it up at all it really tight . beside I can't see any 10mm bolts on the side

Crapdaz
13-08-2008, 03:34 PM
its tucked in further.
yes the base of the rear seat you lift up to unclip it.

and there is a bolt holding the corner trim section on each side.

cause once you remove the corner trim, you can see how some of the stock cables are fed.

EuroAccord13
13-08-2008, 04:19 PM
The bum part of the back seats are held by quick release clips on the front and a screw on the back (In the cavity between the seat and backrest). Remove the bolt and you will be able to get the bum seat out.

If you want to run the amp wires, you can run it under the bum seat and then go around to the backrest pivot on the side and then to the boot, you do not need to remove the backrest. There is enough space for you to run a fair bit of cabling, I installed an Air Runner system for the Euro and I ran 3 air hoses under the pivot on top of the countless number of audio cables..

dansanhdieu
13-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all the help .

I got it . done all the power cable and RCA cable for the AMP get it all up and running , still need tuning for better sound quality tomorrow hope i can finish this car audio things before weekend .