PDA

View Full Version : Finally going to mod my EURO

Username
27-09-2004, 02:30 PM
hey everyone...

i've been reading up on this website as well american sites and find them very informataive...

now i finally got the balls to "mod" my car...

heres a list of what im going to get...

1. CAI (Either K & N or Injen)
2. Hondata Heatshield
3. Eibach Pro Kit

yep... just decideding whether i should get the K & N or Injen...

and whether a 30mm drop with the eibach pro kit will make any difference in handling... im looking at getting the kit not for looks but handling as a 30mm drop is un noticable by eye(insurance company said can only do 30mm)

the first two should be easy to install myself right (i got no tools and no experience)

anyone know where i can get the eibach pro kit installed cheap?

o yeah... btw im in perth...

Type R Positive
27-09-2004, 05:11 PM
American websites Rock!!! cheap, cheap, cheap.

The K&N typhoon kit you can get through egSi [UNDERGROUND IMPORTS] in the trader section of the forum. Just PM him, It's under $400. Sweet deal! IMO, Injen is expensive and not as good.

I think the Hondata Heat Shield is a bit gimmicky, but I don't really know.

Eibach Pro kit seems good, you won't get it cheap in Australia. The tanabe NF210 kit is about $150USD if you look around. www.streetrays.com has a heap of stuff for the TSX, and they send to Australia too! Alot easier and cheaper than chasing parts up here.

Pedders make lowering springs for the euro, $80.00 each I think from memory. This would be your cheapest option, and it would be hastle free to go and get them. I know of one guy with them, Not bad at all. Kings springs also good alternitave. Pro kit, it will cost you over $600. Then you have to get them fitted.

Have you thought of koni sport struts? expensive, but adjustable (not height). They drop you the 1 inch you are after, on standard springs. Way better ride from all reports.

Pum[Z]
27-09-2004, 06:45 PM
As i said before in another post that the Injen is harder to install then the K&N CAI. I have the Injen CAI on my car and it took me 2 hours to re arrange all the hoses & attach the the piping of the air filter (One of the hoses was for the radiator hose and i spilt some of it).

I don't know about performance wise but i think the K&N and Injen are quite close. But then Injen is more expensive then K&N (Injen costed me close to $500). Injen also say that they are the best engineered dynoproven cold air intake system available.

With the injen the Euro Screams especially when it hits 6000 rpm. I'm pretty happy with the injen CAI.

Wat does the Hondata Heat Shield do??

Eibach distributors in perth are WA Suspensions. But they are a rip. I asked how much sportline springs would cost on my car in the end they quoted me $915 installed....

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Struts and shocks, same same. I have seen these on www.kingmotorsports.com for $170USD each. Ouch...... expensive.

All reports are good, but I think at that price, you can't beat coilovers. $2000.00 should be enough for a good set of coilovers, more like $3000.00 if you want the Teins type flex with the EDFC controller.

I am in two minds weather to get springs (pedders has them for $80 each) and the koni's later on, or just get coilovers. I like the coilover option, but it is just a matter of getting cash. They say you need a rear camber kit with that as well.

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes, coilovers = shocks + springs. These are usually height adjustable, and usually benefit from bound and rebound adjustability. (look at tein type flex to get my idea) this means you can make them soft for cruszing or hard for racing around. Another benefit which would be the biggest, is that the coils to shock are perfectly matched.

Shocks are called struts in the suspension circles. They are called dampers as well to confuse you even more :)

Your springs lower the car, but the stiffer they are, the less body roll. Sway bars do this as well.

The springs will make the ride quality better, but word is that the standard shocks are too soft. You will have problems later on down the track with these and will need to get new shocks for your springs. This is why coilovers are a good idea. They will cost you about the same as the Eibach pro kit, and aftermarket shocks. You get so much more benefits (height, firmness) but is abit to outlay at once. Coilovers are usually quite hard but this is to give really great performance. This will not be comfortable on the road if all you do is cruize around. You can make them softer though.

You should be able to get some D2 racing coilovers for less than $2000 if you bargain. These are apparently comparible to HKS items, and there made in England. Top quality. If you look around, there is a few brands available. Buddyclub, Tein, KW, Tanabe and more.

I too am still deciding what to get, I want to get the job done properly which can only be coilovers. Getting springs fitted will cost you a bit, then having to re-fit them to aftermarket shocks later on will cost you more again. I bet you would be kicking yourself if you could have had a good set of coilovers for the same price, if not cheaper.

But saying this, the Eibach pro kit is a good place to start. Have you seen the Pedders springs? Australian made and $80 each. Fitting would be around $200. The pro kit would cost you a few hundred bucks more. Do you see what I mean about coilovers being good?

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Pedders would be just as good as the Eibachs, you are just lowering the car. The springs for both are firmer, so you should see an improvement. The standard shocks will not handle you bottoming out all the time and the short, sharp bounding and loose their effectiveness over time. How long?? I don't know.

Get another loan for about $8k, this should cover bodykit, mags, coilovers, camber kits, CAI, VAFC II controller, and exhaust. Problem solved!

baboo
28-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Get the coilovers if you have cash otherwise Eibach springs are the way to go.

I have eibachs on at the moment, I like them but they are not the best. Coilovers gives you much more control when you push the car on the edge.

D2 are made in England? I thought they are Taiwanese brand...they are pretty good for what they are, some DTM race car uses them.

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 04:52 PM
all parts are made in england. They are assembled in asia somerwhere. You cannot beat England for manufacturing standards, not even Japan.

baboo
28-09-2004, 07:30 PM
This D2? www.d2racing.com.tw

-h2n-
28-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Get another loan for about $8k, this should cover bodykit, mags, coilovers, camber kits, CAI, VAFC II controller, and exhaust. Problem solved!
dude... what drugs are you on?? got some serious hallucination goin on there!!

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 10:51 PM
This D2? www.d2racing.com.tw (http://www.d2racing.com.tw) Thats em. Listed under all new Accord. There are ads for them in car mags such as hot4s, autosalon and so on. this will tell you where you can get them from. Don't forget to bargain. You should be able to get them for less than $2k fitted.

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 10:57 PM
dude... what drugs are you on?? got some serious hallucination goin on there!! I have good drugs, why do you ask???

Let me spell it out for you.

$2500 mugen or luckystar bodykit meshed, painted and fitted
$2500 good set of 18" mags and tyres
$2000 coilovers and camber kit
$1000 for other things

What would you suggest?

yfin
28-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Pedders would be just as good as the Eibachs, you are just lowering the car. The springs for both are firmer, so you should see an improvement. The standard shocks will not handle you bottoming out all the time and the short, sharp bounding and loose their effectiveness over time. How long?? I don't know.

Pedders as good as Eibach? I don't think so!

-h2n-
28-09-2004, 11:19 PM
$2500 mugen or luckystar bodykit meshed, painted and fitted
$2500 good set of 18" mags and tyres
$2000 coilovers and camber kit
$1000 for other things
yea... that's some goood shit you got there...

:p

sorry dude... just pokin' a little fun there... anyway, have modded my euro too and paid quite abit more for a few of those mods there... or maybe i just got ripped ... FAARRKK NOOOO!!

Pum[Z]
29-09-2004, 02:45 AM
Dudes i got D2 on my euro at the moment...

The headquarters of D2 is in england... That is where it is developed and researched... Its made in Taiwan though... (I checked the box)...

& Yes i confirm that Type R Positive aint on drugs coz this is what i paid for my modifcations:

D2 coilover adjustable springs: $1500 fitted (I am good friends with the distributor so if u guys are in perth i can give u a good price for D2's)...

19inch Hp Design Chrome alloys with tyres: $2500

$2500 for Luckystar or Mugen kits Painted and fitted in perth... (I got contacts for them if u guys want em)....

I just got quoted for custom exhaust from cat back with two single Sebring Mufflers for $1200 (Not too sure if that is a rip or not because i'm not friends with the ppl)...

Eibach and H&R are the best suspensions if u want ride quality (They both are owned by the same company i think).... Pedders/king/lovells are peanuts compared to Eibach & H&R...

What did u pay for ur D2's fitted [h2n]??

tanghy
29-09-2004, 01:06 PM
You should be able to get some D2 racing coilovers for less than $2000 if you bargain. These are apparently comparible to HKS items, and there made in England. Top quality. If you look around, there is a few brands available. Buddyclub, Tein, KW, Tanabe and more.

d2 = made in taiwan

will not go near at all.. unless u are just a show car

tanghy
29-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Pedders would be just as good as the Eibachs,

um pls don't mislead people
quality is way way different

tanghy
29-09-2004, 01:09 PM
D2 are made in England? I thought they are Taiwanese brand...they are pretty good for what they are, some DTM race car uses them.

actually baboo, the d2 on the dtm racecars is a PHONE company, not the shockie company

tanghy
29-09-2004, 01:12 PM
what sort of problems down the track? and how far down the track?

around 1 yr and yr stocks shocks should stress themsevles out

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 01:37 PM
um pls don't mislead people
quality is way way different
for half the price who cares? If you want quality, go coilovers. Eibachs don't even come close, and not that much more.

yfin
29-09-2004, 02:17 PM
for half the price who cares? If you want quality, go coilovers. Eibachs don't even come close, and not that much more.

Pedders is not half the price. I was quoted by Pedders in Moorabbin $530 fitted for their springs.

For the Eibach Pro Kit I found a place in Oakleigh that will supply and fit for $600.

I actually decided to go coilovers but not just yet. Maybe after warranty has finished - ie the 3 year mark of owning the car. By then there should be other options and the whole camber issue will be sorted.

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 02:50 PM
That's cool, I can't wait 3 years, Tanabe sustec pro S-OC coilovers ordered!

I got quoted $80 each ($320 all 4) for pedders and over $600 for Eibachs. Both were supply only, so pedders were half the price of the Eibachs.:)

$600 for Eibachs installed is a really good price. Cheaper to get them from the USA though.;)

yfin
29-09-2004, 05:04 PM
What are the tanabe's worth?

-h2n-
29-09-2004, 05:28 PM
What did u pay for ur D2's fitted [h2n]??oww... i paid 2k for my d2's fitted!

$2500 for Luckystar or Mugen kits Painted and fitted in perth... yea... that is the price you pay for the COPIED mugen and luck star kits isn't it?? 2.5k for original shit?? fitted and painted??? and monkeys will come flyin out of my arse!!!

vafcII, cai, exhaust for 1k?? mmm... that's stretchin' it a little don't you think??

anyway.. wutever... i paid 33% more than you for me coilovers... so... who am i to talk??

good on ya for gettin good deals!!

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 05:59 PM
What are the tanabe's worth?
$1400.00 "overnight parts, from Japan" (fast and furious)

Pum[Z]
29-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Dude if u got money coming out of ur buttocks then why do u want to buy a real mugen/Lucky Star kit when can get a copied product for 1/3 less and looks like the real thing...

If ur on a budget and u know how much of hectic working life is.. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't mind saving money....

But yeah i agree u need at least $2600 for Exhaust, Vafc II, & CAI.... Unless u aint gonna dyno ur car when u install the Vafc Controller then its gonna be less...

Pum[Z]
29-09-2004, 10:01 PM
actually baboo, the d2 on the dtm racecars is a PHONE company, not the shockie company

So why do i have a poster of the D2 suspension with a Opel D2 Touring Car DTM at the back of it?? I got it before i bought my suspension...

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 10:35 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm DTM :p

baboo
30-09-2004, 08:31 AM

YEah? dang, they have similar logos...

Anyway, I'm getting Zeal coilovers sometime down the track...

Type R +, is Tanabe coilovers good? how come so cheap? basic good coilovers costs $2500+...

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Zeal coilovers are really good. I would get buddyclubs, but too hard core for me. The Tanabe's are made for the streets, still alot firmer than OEM but softer than other coilovers. Just like Tein SS. $1400 is cheap, it is the same price I have found in the USA so I am happy, hence I am getting them!

The Tanabe's you cannot adjust the dampening, unlike the D2's which are a great product. All the parts are made in England, and they are NOT for show cars. I would get these, they are my second choice, but I think too hard for me. It would be different if I lived in a capital city. And also, I have never heard of a coilover phone before :):):)

baboo
30-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Type R +, you got links to the tanabe suspension? any pics?

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 04:47 PM
try:

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/performance/tanabe/pros-0c_sus.htm

Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Coilovers
Sustec Pro S-OC For those who desire both high performance with maximum ride comfort, we offer the Sustec Pro S-0C. The short stroke / short case dampener delivers superior handling without sacrificing strength or ride comfort. Double-cylinder valving design allows for a full stroke within the extremely short case shock body. Low-pressure gases ensure smooth rebound characteristics for even more ride comfort.

Street-tuned Coil-Over Suspension System Kit engineered to deliver a comfortable ride.

Rubber Upper Mount (optional) Optional upper mounts with rubber inserts absorb vibration and shock are a great upgrade over stock rubber upper mounts that improve handling and response.

Helper Spring Smaller distinctly-colored helper springs allows for greater flexibility in determining the desired ride height. Prevents pre-load of the main spring when the height is raised as well as excess slack when it is lowered. This ensures a comfortable ride.

Short Stroke / Short Case Design S-S and S-0 are designed with a short stroke / short case shock absorbers that deliver superior handling without sacrificing strength or ride comfort.

Sustec PRO210 Series Competition Spec Springs Tanabe's own PRO210 Series Springs have superior strength and durability that is achieved through our state-of-the-art manufacturing process. This allows the springs to have a tensile strength of 2100N/mm. *For the professional suspension tuner, different spring rate sets are available for special suspension tuning.

Double-cylinder Low Pressure Gas Design The proven double-cylinder design allows for a full stroke within the extremely short case shock body. Low-pressure gases ensure a smoother rebound for additional ride comfort.