PDA

View Full Version : Autotechnica Bucket Seat + Rails = Installation?

VTI-00H
14-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I have an autotechnica (monza sport) bucketseat collecting dust in my room and trying to put into my 94 eg.

Any ideas on installation of the seat (what has/hasn't worked??).

Was looking at vision bucket seat rail (drivers side) and looks like it should be right to bolt to the seat and onto the car.

Can anyone confirm this for the given seat?

I know that i can do the whole "make my own rail" etc... however should I ever have an accident, would prefer to stay inside the car :wave:

Cheers.

Damo

Munted
15-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Autotechnica make rails for EG, just go to Autobarn, if they don't have them in stock they should be able to order them in.

_FeRiO_
15-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Autotechnica actually stopped making rails for EG as i have asked for them in the past. It was due to the standard rails being slightly different between some of the different models of EG's or something along the lines of that.

I think you should take your standard seat out and see if the bolts line up to the holes between the monza seart and standard rails. you will be suprised how many actually do line up. 3 out of the 4 holes lined up for my DC2 so all i had to do was get a bolt welded to seat for the missing one, then it went straight in. Lining everything up first and marking out the mismatched holes was the biggest headache.

Hope that helps

Limbo
15-08-2008, 04:28 PM
see if they sell rails for the dc2, they will also bolt in

STiR
18-08-2008, 11:40 PM
On the topic of seat rails and seat fitment, is it possible to bolt up (with simple modification?) a RECARO SR3 seat to standard EG rails?

Shiraz

ShiRi
19-08-2008, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't think so STiR, it'd also be highly illegal to modify the rails to fit a seat. Make the investment to buy rails