PDA

View Full Version : front 6" component speaker wat to buy ???

dansanhdieu
15-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Now that i done all the installation of a new pioneer dvd units in my car . connect my old stuff from previous car Cadence Mono Block amp and a 12" Sony Subwoofer . Music sound better than stock HU but i want more .

Done some reading and people recommend to invest only in front speaker and leave rear speaker to OEM stock .

I having a look at those few speaker as my budget is $300 or under all price quote from www.ryda.com.au pioneer stock discount deal from a friend . JBL is good brand but i never had one install in car before , i got Pioneer TS-C1602 2 years ago in my old car and it make me happy

Pioneer TS-D1720C : $260 ( ryda $310 )
Pioneer TS-A1702C : $200
Boston SX60 6" : $277
JBL P6500 6" : $330

The question is what brand of the stock speaker Euro 04 using and if i upgrade to one of those speaker above will i notice much diff in sound quality or you need to buy those high end at $600-900 to hear the diff ? Should i connect straight to headunit or invest another $200-$300 for another AMP to power up new component speaker . I normally listen to rnb , pop music and mostly radio 96.1

turbo56k
15-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I have the Dynaudio 214 installed. Loved them they retail about $1000, and yes the front speakers will do.

Philip Lee
15-08-2008, 09:31 AM
if you don't want to run an amp for the splits (like me), try the Alpine DDLinear. they are designed to run off headunit alone and they sound better than a Type R without amp. by better i mean they're more efficient, higher db given the same volume and sound more dynamic. they should be within your budget.

but for better sound quality, running off an amp would usually be better. the Type R i compared with sound cleaner running off an amp. and some Pioneer mid range split i heard sounds very sweet running off an amp.

johnprocter
15-08-2008, 10:15 AM
do you mean that if you have a sub theres no point changing the speakers at the back? or just in general? cause iam looking to get some good splits for my euro and a 2 chan amp but was wondering if i should get a 4 chan and some 6x9s instead of the 2 chan.. (not running a sub)

dansanhdieu
15-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I have the Dynaudio 214 installed. Loved them they retail about $1000, and yes the front speakers will do.

$1000 is way over my budget .

Might try to see how much they selling the Alpine DDLinear for

dansanhdieu
15-08-2008, 10:26 AM
do you mean that if you have a sub theres no point changing the speakers at the back? or just in general? cause iam looking to get some good splits for my euro and a 2 chan amp but was wondering if i should get a 4 chan and some 6x9s instead of the 2 chan.. (not running a sub)

If you don't have a sub you should put money into front and rear speaker ( in this case rear speaker will be your main for bass sound with tuning via LPF ) and yes you should buy a 4 channel amp to power front and rear with buy the one with both HPF and LPF

I am on a limit budget and already have a sub that why i want to invest more in front splits . base on my reading on other audio forum rear speaker only for people at the back as i always "fade" my sound more to front . Overall if you have more money to spend good rear speaker with 4 channel amp will make the whole system better .

In my case i'm still considering buying a slits without amp or i should save more money and buy both splits and amp together , like Lee said split running off amp sound alot better .

Philip Lee
15-08-2008, 11:06 AM
my recommendation is buy the best you can afford and do things in stages.

if you will be saving up for another amp, maybe just save up for both and do them together. this should save some installation cost.

however if you can DIY installation, you can also buy a good splits now and get amp later. any after market splits will sh!t all over stock speakers.

i normally don't care about the rear speakers. they're really only for the people at the back and who cares about them lol. your sound should be coming from the front so always invest your $$ on the front speakers.

however if you are installing a surround video system, only then should you invest $$ for the back speaker.

If you don't have a sub you should put money into front and rear speaker ( in this case rear speaker will be your main for bass sound with tuning via LPF ) and yes you should buy a 4 channel amp to power front and rear with buy the one with both HPF and LPF

this only apply if you can fit some decent 6x9. if you are putting speakers on the rear door, you won't get much more bass over what you get from the front.

anexiole
21-10-2009, 12:55 PM
can anyone tell me for a Euro 2005 luxury,

1) which company made the speakers?
2) confirm that the car doesn't come with amps?

thanks

dtngo
21-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Leave the rears stock. They're really only for fill. You sit at the front, so spend the money where it matters. It should be fine running off the headunit but would obviously be better running off an amp giving more power.

Lochstar_69
21-10-2009, 09:27 PM
hey, i am currently running pioneer splits in the front cost me $350, and i previously had Clarion coaxs and the stock tweeter, both running to Clarion 4 chan. the upgrade was incredible i am still only using a stock head unit, but the sound qaulity is noticeable and i was really impressed with clarity i was getting with the new tweeters and split setup, i moved the coaxs to the back doors, and i have clarion 6X9's on the rear shelf, i just bought a pioneer class D mono 600Wrms, running my two clarion 12s in the boot.

Overall im pretty happy but keen to get a Single DIN popout in the bottom console infront of the gear nob, long shory stort, i did mine in stages, some DIY'd and some installed pro, all the wiring is pro, and the new amp and swapping speakers was DIY. of course its cheaper doing it in one hit, but i found it better to do in stages, money wise and finding the best setup i liked and i wanted more power for subs of course :)

In summary of my story, i think Splits is a defs, and have a real good listen to the speakers before you buy. price shouldnt play a majorr factor..... and amp is a must, it allows for clearer sound and tuning for bass. and x-over

The X Man
21-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I recommend some Diamond D363 Component speakers up front along with some sound deadening.

tony1234
22-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Whatever speakers you go for Dynamat the front doors.It does make a difference.

felixd
22-10-2009, 08:29 AM
anyone run 6" splits front and 6x9 rear and 1 10" sub ? will dat give a nice surround sound ?

Lochstar_69
22-10-2009, 09:44 AM
yeh, if its a good 10" it should sound pretty crisp, orion or alpine subs probs would suit.

tony1234
22-10-2009, 04:50 PM
anyone run 6" splits front and 6x9 rear and 1 10" sub ? will dat give a nice surround sound ?
I am.Boston splits up front,Alpine DDdrives in rear and just a Kenwood 10" sub.Fronts and rears powered by Alpine 4 ch.200WRMS(4x50WRMS/channel)Sub by Kenwood 2ch.bridged amp 120RMS.Dynamatted ft.doors..Just make sure you use a sealed not ported enclosure for the sub.This keeps the bass nice and"tight"not droney.

felixd
22-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I am.Boston splits up front,Alpine DDdrives in rear and just a Kenwood 10" sub.Fronts and rears powered by Alpine 4 ch.200WRMS(4x50WRMS/channel)Sub by Kenwood 2ch.bridged amp 120RMS.Dynamatted ft.doors..Just make sure you use a sealed not ported enclosure for the sub.This keeps the bass nice and"tight"not droney.

awsome !!! thx how much did that set u back ? do u have any pics of ur current setup :) cheers

tony1234
22-10-2009, 07:21 PM
awsome !!! thx how much did that set u back ? do u have any pics of ur current setup :) cheers
1K just for labour.I supplied the amps and speakers.Got it done 3+ years ago.sorry no pics,nothing to see.The guys that did the install did it so from the inside of the car you can't see anything.Inside it looks stock.Amps are mounted under the rear parcel shelf and covered in same material as the boot lining.Sub is the only thing you can see.

euro_tr4sh
22-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Just make sure you use a sealed not ported enclosure for the sub.This keeps the bass nice and"tight"not droney.

hahahahaha.......ha

dtngo
23-10-2009, 02:06 PM
1K just for labour.I supplied the amps and speakers.Got it done 3+ years ago.sorry no pics,nothing to see.The guys that did the install did it so from the inside of the car you can't see anything.Inside it looks stock.Amps are mounted under the rear parcel shelf and covered in same material as the boot lining.Sub is the only thing you can see.
Got any pics of the amp positions? I want to get the Alpine MRP-F300 but not too sure where to mount it.

Lochstar_69
23-10-2009, 07:52 PM
on the underside of the rear parcel shelf in the boot. put some carpet over it no one will ever know.

tony1234
24-10-2009, 09:36 AM
on the underside of the rear parcel shelf in the boot. put some carpet over it no one will ever know.
That's where i've got mine.They made a shelf and covered it in same material as boot lining so now it looks like it's part of the boot.:thumbsup:

[ IV 23 VI ]
24-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Focal 165VR, dont waste your time with anything else, these are the best sound quality
6.5" component speaker set for $529 (best under $550).

Dont waste your money on too much sound deadening, in the hot sun it gets sticky and starts to smell like ashphalt in your car..

Type R Positive
24-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I've never been a fan of 6x9's. If you want to run a sub, you don't need the extra (poor) bass.

I'd stick to 6" coaxials in the rear for a better sound.

Type R Positive
24-10-2009, 09:54 AM
;2525769']Focal 165VR, dont waste your time with anything else, these are the best sound quality
6.5" component speaker set for $529 (best under $550).

Dont waste your money on too much sound deadening, in the hot sun it gets sticky and starts to smell like ashphalt..
Noice!

Or you could step up to the 165KR at $729, the best for under $1k.

[ IV 23 VI ]
24-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Thats right dont waste your money on 6x9.. only if u just plan to replace factory speakers and are not adding a sub.

Noice!

Or you could step up to the 165KR at $729, the best for under $1k.

True! but I doubt they will spend that much on there gear even doubt they will spend $529 on splits.

But without doubt the 165KR is the best bang for bucks if u plan to enter any shows.