PDA

View Full Version : Track days

Feverpitched
15-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Anyone here go to track days?

lo0se3r
15-08-2008, 04:13 PM
If i was good enough, plus i need new TIRES! theyre as bald as a chinese monk!

Feverpitched
15-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Skill is learnt at the track :)

Tyres for track days aren't as strict as tyres for RWC - you should see the rear hoop that I'm running right now, the tread is a distant memory!

lam.666
15-08-2008, 06:26 PM
you dont need skills to go on a track day, like how its been said, you learn it.

you do need full leathers though, which is a change from the last time i went, jeans and a borrowed leather jacket

but i recommend anyone who has a bike to go, you do get the fright when the big bikes overtake you on the straight but you get over it

oran park has cheap track days, EC is like $250

Feverpitched
16-08-2008, 02:03 PM
You're right you need full leathers, but leathers can also be hired at the track, same with boots, gloves etc.

Broadford (Vic) is roughly $130 for a weekday.

So does anyone go?

nvmee
16-08-2008, 02:11 PM
If you can organise a group for oran park. Im down for that, its about 90 dollars for oran park and 170 for a group buy for a weekday @ eastern creek. You need a set of full leathers, although i know oran park lets you wear draggins if thye are feeling nice

Zdster
16-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I have always wanted to go to PI. Need to get some new leather pants though.

lam.666
17-08-2008, 11:22 AM
yeah PI would be awesome, any one going to watch the GP in Oct?

lo0se3r
17-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Sweet as sounds good, im up for it if anyones organising, i dont have full leathers tho, gotta save for that too haha

Feverpitched
17-08-2008, 02:10 PM
All going well, I should be riding the Island tomorrow. Will let you guys know what it's like as a track to ride.

Feverpitched
17-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh and it's pointless for me to organise NSW track events... since i'm in sunny Victoria.

Maybe one of you guys can do NSW and I can see what I can do for VIC?

CL455
18-08-2008, 03:02 PM
i'd love to go to a track day but no leathers and me being in boring old canberra it's a treck to go to one ... :(

Jomsy
18-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I went to Eastern creek like 3 weeks after getting my L's , you dont need leathers just decent protection

It was the best thing i did, ive done hundreds since and brought a track bike

Feverpitched
18-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Best to check with each individual track for the rules regarding leathers. Many if not most will insist on full leathers before they let you pass scrutineering, but you may find some more lenient places.

For example, PI knocked me back for having an expired licence. Broadford let me on with a suspended licence. Go figure :confused:

CL455
19-08-2008, 12:07 AM
will most tracks abide by which bike u are allowed to ride on L's, P's and fulls???

Feverpitched
19-08-2008, 12:25 PM
From my experience most tracks will not accept Learner's permits as they insist on a probationary licence at the very minimum. However, they won't insist on you sticking to your restrictions.

CONAN
28-08-2008, 12:38 PM
You don't need a licence to go on the track. Just need to know how to ride.

Feverpitched
28-08-2008, 02:08 PM
You don't need a licence to go on the track. Just need to know how to ride.

Not true.

SteveH
29-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I used to do ride days at Phillip Island on a fairly regular basis with Australian Superbike School. They run a really good day as they don't pack the track with people and have graded groups. Last time I checked they charged about $190 ish which included lunch and tea, coffee and water through the day.

They are pretty strict and you would need leathers, which they hire out, plus a roadworthy bike.

A ride day is the best thing you can do as you can ride as fast as you want, without worrying about being caught speeding.

A.C.S DRAG
29-08-2008, 05:36 PM
you DO need a license to ride on the track. i paid for my Superbike school day and turned up without my licence because it got suspended and i wasnt aloud on the track.

you need full leathers boots annd gloves, cant understand why you wouldnt anyways.

best feeling your goign to get whilst on a bike, the speed the adrenalin, the excitement of going so low on the ground your knee sliders are touching the ground. its awesome highly reccomend superbike school and even just the ride days there.

Feverpitched
03-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Anyone interested in a PI ride day on Tuesday, 9th Sept?

GReY_CVC
03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
you DO need a license to ride on the track. i paid for my Superbike school day and turned up without my licence because it got suspended and i wasnt aloud on the track.

you need full leathers boots annd gloves, cant understand why you wouldnt anyways.

best feeling your goign to get whilst on a bike, the speed the adrenalin, the excitement of going so low on the ground your knee sliders are touching the ground. its awesome highly reccomend superbike school and even just the ride days there.

really me and my mate went to EC and he had suspended license... but they dint check anything.... it was awesome !!... :thumbsup:

BTW how much is OP track day?... EC was about 200ish if you rent full leathers there...