PDA

View Full Version : LS Integra Won't Start

RibSmasherAu
16-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey all just seeing if anyone can help me i own a 90 LS Integra the engine just turns over and shows no sign of even wanting to start, over the last 2 months i have replaced the coil, icm, leads, plugs and fuel pump the car was running sweet now just won't start the engine light stays on. i had a problem like this when i first bought thats why i replaced the coil and icm and it worked good but now back to not wanting to start. It does have a alarm and imobilizer (sorry can't spell) could that be doing it?

RibSmasherAu
16-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Also my mate asked if these cars have a cam angle sensor because his skyline was doing the same thing and thats what caused it?

CRXer
16-08-2008, 11:28 AM
it could be a few things

-the first relay in the main relay,might not be supplying power to the ecu,check ECUMANs' main relay repair in the DIY forum.

-have you got the new leads in the right order,ie 1-3-4-2,number one lead being the little "c" with circle round it marked on dizzy cap?

-could be a dizzy sensor,do the ecu code test in ECUMANs' sticky in the DIY forum.

-ecu stuffed,but i highly doubt it.

chockz
16-08-2008, 12:22 PM
could be the starter motor? Apparently, it's quite commoin in LS...please confirm. Mate has the same problem...starts after many attempts ...mechanic says its starter motor.

RibSmasherAu
16-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Not starter i don't think motor turns at good speed but thanks anyway, just trying the main relay and yeah leads are on right way, where is the dizzy sensor located? thanks CRXer

EKVTIR-T
16-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the 2nd position?

If not then it's most likely the main fuel relay.It's under the driver side near the steering column.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html

That's left hand drive but you get the idea :)

RibSmasherAu
16-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah fuel pump primes, just done the main relay repair from the diy section not that and can't seem to get the ecu code test to work could of the coil died again? is there any way to test?

CRXer
16-08-2008, 02:32 PM
dont know the exact coil figures,but it should be about 0.8ohms on the primary winding & about 12-17kohms on the secondary.

i think theres a coil & icm input tets in the DIY section

if u cant get codes out of the ECU & the check engine light just stays on then thats usually suggesting a problem with the power to the ECU or a problem with the ECU itself or one of the main sensors like MAP or TPS is not working.

Where are u checking for codes?
Your car could have the code check light on the ECU itself,check that.

RibSmasherAu
17-08-2008, 07:22 PM
The Ecu Has The Light But It's Not Lighting Up Any Codes I May Have To Remove The BodyKit And Get It Towed To A Auto Elect I Can't Seem To Figure It Out. Thanks For EveryOnes Help

A-man
17-08-2008, 08:01 PM
yeh but if the engine wont start the light will be on anyways doesnt mean there is an error its just how it is...

have u checked u get spark?? the immobiliser could be the problem... mine was and i removed the lot...

but from my understanding it was running one day and then not the next so this is a sign aswell....

id def check the immob.

RibSmasherAu
17-08-2008, 08:27 PM
There Is No Spark, Would Really Like To Fix Myself

Ashwee
17-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Main relays are common to screw up in the DA's

Jon_51
18-08-2008, 11:32 AM
if the fuel pump is priming it's not the main relay

A-man
18-08-2008, 09:28 PM
yeh if theres no spark its either the dizzy (which u said wasnt old) i think its the immobiliser just remove it out

how old is that??

Paul1985
23-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Prob your ignition switch... same thing happened with my DA9...

Just died one day, kept cranking but wouldnt start... just turned and turned..

I put a new IGN switch in and it started.

Some signs that it was my ignition switch were:
-i had to hold the key at "Start", as soon as i let go it would die.
-when ignition was set to "on" i had no dash lights.

Do you have these symptoms??
There are some resistance checks you can do on this switch to check its condition in the DA9 workshop manual if you wanted to do that aswell.

Otherwise,
I would advise you to try some new spark plugs, and change your fuel filter. Either of those could be your problem.