PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey and Kenwood

aka_NSX
16-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I thought I better post this maybe some of the Odyssey owner like to upgrade the system on their Odyssey because you can make them looks just like the OEM . . . . .

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2663/odysseyli9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AusAccord
16-08-2008, 02:24 PM
pics don't work.....

aka_NSX
17-08-2008, 07:41 AM
hmm, pic works for me .......

C4M
17-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I thought I better post this maybe some of the Odyssey owner like to upgrade the system on their Odyssey because you can make them looks just like the OEM...

I really love the look, but I think that a new deck that made all the dedicated radio buttons on the dash redundant would annoy me. I'd love to find a way to get a screen in there that integrated with the factory stuff. If I could get the OEM screen, with the additional dash buttons, with english labels on them, and retrofit it into the AU Ody, then we'd achieve perfection, methinks.

C!

evolution
17-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Is that a Kenwood DDX7032?

Now looking at upgrading audio system and I'm thinking of a 2DIN conversion and remove the factory system.

Can it be used with the OEM steering wheel audio control? also will the factory CD changer work with the unit?

evolution
17-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I really love the look, but I think that a new deck that made all the dedicated radio buttons on the dash redundant would annoy me. I'd love to find a way to get a screen in there that integrated with the factory stuff. If I could get the OEM screen, with the additional dash buttons, with english labels on them, and retrofit it into the AU Ody, then we'd achieve perfection, methinks.

C!

Should be able to get a replacement facia if you want to remove the factory unit.

Found this on e-bay which I thought was interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180276468516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

But the price is a bit prohibitive to experiment

aka_NSX
18-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Is that a Kenwood DDX7032?

Now looking at upgrading audio system and I'm thinking of a 2DIN conversion and remove the factory system.

Can it be used with the OEM steering wheel audio control? also will the factory CD changer work with the unit?

mine is DNX7320NAV come with built in SatNav Click Here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95457)for my system,

yes you can make it work with the steering control by using the PAC SWI-X interface steering control module,

no you can't make it work with after market stereo

aka_NSX
18-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Should be able to get a replacement facia if you want to remove the factory unit.

Found this on e-bay which I thought was interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180276468516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

But the price is a bit prohibitive to experiment

that system I reckon only looks ok on the outside, I'm very sure the display when its turn ON will be disappointed since the whole system basically is using the china products just like most that for sale in ebay except this one the make it looks like OEM, as you can see the GPS is using the Route66, last time I have installed one for my friend takes about 10 minutes to find the GPS always come up with NO GPS need to try 3 times ........

quadrio
18-08-2008, 12:09 PM
could be an option, would like to hear from anyone who has used it first though

evolution
18-08-2008, 04:50 PM
could be an option, would like to hear from anyone who has used it first though

Don't think any of u here would be willing to part with $1000 to try it out :p I know I wouldn't... that's why I haven't got it yet

odyssey pete
18-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Evo I'm with you....that unit looks hot but $1k is a gamble on its quality.
They have the existing stereo dash buttons and CD unit still shown??
Also the NAV button is on the left for LHD so you would be stretching waaaayyyy across to activate it.....
Damn it looks good though...

evolution
18-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't think the OEM unit can be used anymore as there is no more LCD screen to tell you what function you are using. Also the unit they are selling also has FM/AM function, so maybe they are just being lazy and not removing the factory unit and replacing it.

AusAccord
19-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't think the OEM unit can be used anymore as there is no more LCD screen to tell you what function you are using. Also the unit they are selling also has FM/AM function, so maybe they are just being lazy and not removing the factory unit and replacing it.

hey Evo, u r talking abt the setup fm aka_NSX or the unit fm eBay?

aka_NSX
19-08-2008, 08:55 AM
hey Evo, u r talking abt the setup fm aka_NSX or the unit fm eBay?

I'm quite sure he is talking about the one fm ebay but if mine I cant really take the control since I need to feed the PAC SWI-X to one of the cable on that control then learn the Kenwood remote to the steering control

AusAccord
19-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm quite sure he is talking about the one fm ebay but if mine I cant really take the control since I need to feed the PAC SWI-X to one of the cable on that control then learn the Kenwood remote to the steering control

i see n tks :D

i think u still have to use yr OEM unit. LCD screen is the small one next to the 8" screen showing time/functions you are using. most of the Odyssey in China comes with CD changer (top) and the aftermarket unit (bottom) is a DVD player for navigation disc with USD slot. must admit the GPS software Route66 is sucks as experienced with Nokia mobile.

evolution
19-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Ok I'm going to eat my words...... :o after e-mailing the seller and asking more info on the product, it seems Aus was correct and the factory unit can still be used, but I'm still not going to try it:p

aka_NSX is there any other brand of interface available besides PAC SWI-X? Since the OEM unit can't be used anymore I would rather remove it and try to connect the new head unit directly to the steering wheel controls