PDA

View Full Version : Using car speaker(s) for bluetooth phone kit

BiLL|z0r
17-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I have a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth phone kit but it doesn't have the little nokia speaker any more so I was gonna use the car speaker(s). As a minimum I was gonna use the right front speaker only.
Is is ok to tap into the speaker wire for that speaker and have 2 sources to the 1 speaker. The kit will turn the Oem Jazz HU off when a call comes in so only 1 source will be using the speaker at any 1 time but didn't know if it would cause problems to any of the equipment involved (speaker, CK-7W or HU).
If any1 has any ideas on how to hook up all speakers (or both front) by using the 1 mono output from the phone car kit then that would be great too.

ICACHA
17-08-2008, 07:21 PM
more involved than just tapping into it and turning off the head unit...

kcokla
17-08-2008, 08:50 PM
have you thought about getting a blue ant bue tooth device?
i got one, attach it to your driver side visor/ clip on your phone somewhere/something or put it whever u want. connect the phone to the device?
the speaker is pretty loud/loud enough, and if ur musics on, youll just have to hit the mute or pause button!
i think thats alot easier than your q ^^
just a suggestion.

BiLL|z0r
18-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I've actually found a device called a telemute wiring harness which goes into OEM HU's and into Nokia and Parrot BT car kits. They enable stereo mute and using the front speakers for phone audio. All without cutting 1 single wire.
Can only buy them from the UK though :(

ICACHA
19-08-2008, 07:57 AM
can get them from here 'if' they have them for the Jazz...

BiLL|z0r
19-08-2008, 08:11 PM
They do and I've ordered 2 from the UK this morning. Same harness for the Jazz as the Euro :)

ICACHA
20-08-2008, 09:13 AM
good to see your supporting Australian jobs :)

BiLL|z0r
20-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Well if any1 here sold them (and I could find it in Google) I would have bought them here especially since Pounds to AU$ sucks ass but they don't.

ICACHA
21-08-2008, 08:40 AM
at least you've shown us you know how to search google.

did it occur to you to ask where you can find a parrot dealer in QLD?

i could of pointed you in the direction easily :)

BiLL|z0r
21-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't have a Parrot, I have a Nokia CK-7W (work supplied) BT kit. If I had a Parrot then I know of heaps of places that could help. Please read the first line of my first post.
Anyway, this isn't a thread related to any of that. I found what I wanted with the hardware I have and don't have to cut any wires. I'm happy.

DC5TYPER
21-08-2008, 08:54 PM
You wont be able to run a speaker off a CK-7W module. It just wont work!

I think I have a spare speaker to suit that module at work.

Interested? PM Me

BiLL|z0r
21-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks DC5TYPER. This harness I've ordered from the UK says it's meant to play through the front speakers as it's contains various relays so I guess we'll wait and see. If not you'll have a PM.

ICACHA
21-08-2008, 10:12 PM
it should work 'if' it is designed the right way. otherwise just use the speaker that comes with the kit, nothing wrong with it :)

ICACHA
21-08-2008, 10:12 PM
oh, anyone up there in QLD who knows what they are doing could of done it for you, i could of suggested some places, doesnt matter now :)

Audio Express
22-08-2008, 11:18 PM
+1 on supporting th local market.

yep I know of a few places here in brisbane that actually KEEP this piece on hand. not everyone is listed on google and not all the wholesalers are either.

as for the nay sayers - yes it CAN be done - I do it and have been doing it for years with those and several other kits.