PDA

View Full Version : 20V Corolla motor in EG?

CivicSedanMan
27-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Would it be possible to put a Silvertop 20V 4AGE Corolla motor into a EG?

SORRY GUYS, I KNOW IT'S NOT HONDA BUT JUST A THOUGHT

As i was going to do this conversion with my AE82 Twin Cam and you can get a Silvertop 20V 4AGE for under $1500 and it has quad throttle bodies and redlines at 8200RPM also these put out 127kw ATF.

There just a great motor and are very cheap?

No offence guys i love my Honda it's just a pain that B16A's are f#$ken expensive and not that easy to get and it's only a 22kw upgrade for a
$4-5K conversion.

steve_civic
27-09-2004, 08:47 PM
dunno if u can...but all i know is that it will cost ya heaps to put the engine coz mounts and shit will be different...it probably be a big mess

Da_RoNz
27-09-2004, 08:49 PM
also, i think the bellhousing on the gearbox is on the otherside.

I agree its a good motor (im toyota biased) but it'll probably be a big job for the changeover.

Terry
27-09-2004, 09:02 PM
haha u are not the only one.....if i save enough i m interested a AE101 20v engine in my EK civic.....actually they are much cheaper than a good B16A fount cut..my friend have a AE86 but have a 2.0 silvia engine under the bonnet....works beautifully.

kwayzivietnamese
27-09-2004, 09:10 PM
another beautifully working green 86 has a 13b turbo under it n boy that goes b e ute tea fully :D

CivicSedanMan
27-09-2004, 09:10 PM
We need to find out what sort of work is involed as a Silvertop frontcut is under $1500, and there easy to get

I will probly be to much stuffing around but hey its worth a thought!

SPEEDCORE
28-09-2004, 10:28 AM
As an avid fan of the 4A series of engines and an owner of a AE86 with a Blacktop, I'm afraid that you are better off getting a B series.

Mateoo
28-09-2004, 11:06 AM
the motor spins the other way in comparison to honda's why bother?
the amount of custom fab you would need would justify not doing it

egSi
28-09-2004, 11:13 AM
the motor spins the other way in comparison to honda's why bother?
the amount of custom fab you would need would justify not doing it

yeah true that... justification = 0.

why dont you just get another d16???

prolly should of kept the rolla man, u can take the boy out the rolla but you cant take the rolla out the boy............

CivicSedanMan
28-09-2004, 11:50 AM
You got me all wrong, i love my Civic, i moved up in the wold just wanted to see if any one had tried it, or thought of it.

I like the "D" i am just thinking were to go from here, either to rebuild it and put turbo on at or rebuild it for NA or chuck in a B16A?

But i guess it depends,

I want somthing i can abuse, somthing strong, dont want to spend to much?

Thanks guys :wave:

geo41e
28-09-2004, 12:06 PM
if ur gonna abuse..stick with n/a

CivicSedanMan
28-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Thats what is was thinking, otherwise i'll have to spend to much on making it stronger, then Turbo it.

OK so it's between a "D" and the "B"

SPEEDCORE
28-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Well now that you have narrowed it down to a D or B series all you have to do is figure out how tight your ass..... I mean your purse strings are. ;)

egSi
28-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Well now that you have narrowed it down to a D or B series all you have to do is figure out how tight your ass..... I mean your purse strings are. ;)

bahahahahahahahahahahah nice one adrian

CivicSedanMan
28-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I reckon i'll stick to the D and maybe turbo it

Thanks for all ya help!

D16A8
28-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Do something with the D. I'm with you on thje B16 swap theory..why pay 4-5 grand for 20 odd kilowatts? I don't see why point honestly.

Dr4g0n
29-09-2004, 12:22 AM
why does every tom dick and harry wanna swap out their d series motor for a b16? i'm with what D16A8 said. is it for the JDM effect?!?! gimme $4-5k and i can get power output like Weq's and beat type r's reliably daily... $4k for a b16 swap to get a further 20 + few kw's? that's pityful...and then you gotta spend more money to extract bit by bit kw out of n/a motor...

i mean, i'm able to beat alot of cars i shouldn't be able to with my d16y4...it's not that bad. and mine's stock. e.g. beat a h22a tiptronic vtir prelude the other night.

it doesn't just come down to power output...if you're a shit driver, you won't win against someone who knows what their car can do, what it's limits are and who knows how to shift/launch...

egSi
29-09-2004, 08:33 AM
why does every tom dick and harry wanna swap out their d series motor for a b16? i'm with what D16A8 said. is it for the JDM effect?!?! gimme $4-5k and i can get power output like Weq's and beat type r's reliably daily... $4k for a b16 swap to get a further 20 + few kw's? that's pityful...and then you gotta spend more money to extract bit by bit kw out of n/a motor...

i mean, i'm able to beat alot of cars i shouldn't be able to with my d16y4...it's not that bad. and mine's stock. e.g. beat a h22a tiptronic vtir prelude the other night.

it doesn't just come down to power output...if you're a shit driver, you won't win against someone who knows what their car can do, what it's limits are and who knows how to shift/launch...

**** mang!! u are so right! i agree 100%, where you been hiding? Ds own you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

driver makes the car yo, not the v-tehk :D

SPEEDCORE
29-09-2004, 09:13 AM
is it for the JDM effect?!?!

*yawn* maybe some people want a N/A engine that has overall more potential over the D series, but they get shot down with flames of "you trying to go JDM"..... its getting a little long in the tooth guys....

In saying that... if I where to go boost and had a D series already in there..... I'd leave it in there. More so if I was on a tighter budget. Even though I am a BIG BIG fan of the B16 I still salute the boosted D series and hold them in high regard.

CivicSedanMan
29-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Nice one "SPEEDCORE" i think people forget that the idea of a forum is so people can share there opinions and to discuss the pro's and con's of what people are thinking of doing to there cars, not to flame people or add meaningless comments.

Can't we all just get a long! HEHEHEHE :)

egSi
29-09-2004, 10:40 AM
*yawn* maybe some people want a N/A engine that has overall more potential over the D series, but they get shot down with flames of "you trying to go JDM"..... its getting a little long in the tooth guys....

In saying that... if I where to go boost and had a D series already in there..... I'd leave it in there. More so if I was on a tighter budget. Even though I am a BIG BIG fan of the B16 I still salute the boosted D series and hold them in high regard.

big fan of b16 that salutes the D?

someone give this man a drink ;)

[ slayer ]
29-09-2004, 10:51 AM
i say stick with the d, you know u wanna ;)

like what some of the others said. the money it costs to change to the b16 could be better spent working the d-series in my opinion.

Denchy
29-09-2004, 11:35 AM
beh. VTIR's are getting cheaper by the month, so juz trade up and get all the goodies ex factory and dont have to worry bout the engineers certs etc.. thats my 2 bob though.

Coz its lookin hella like the ol D series EK of mine is going to be replaced in the not so distant future