PDA

View Full Version : New Honda

snajper
17-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi All,

Just want to share my thoughts about HONDA cars.

I bought my first Honda (Brand new Euro) 18 months ago after owning fords mitsubishi holden etc. I was so happy with the car I even paid extended manufacturers warranty bcs I was hoping to keep the car for 5 years at least. 18 Months down the track I am now selling my Honda to get another vehicle with Automatic transmission. Euro Manual is fantastic, sufisticated and fast vehicle but I am driving 75 min to work and 75 min back every day and therefore decided to change to auto.

I went car shopping and have test driven everything under the sun trying to purchase another Brand of vehicle but I think that I will go with the new Accord 08(Non euro version). (as soon as I sell my car)
I drove the new Aurion Sportivo SX (Very Powerfull but shocking interior).
380 GT pretty descent car but interior and build quality way behind Honda
Subaru Liberty 2.5 Sluggish, plain and thirsty.
New Ford - Nice but shocking resale value and thirsty
Holden -Nice but shocking resale value and thirsty
The new Mazda 6 is the closest competitor but I find that Honda Accord is better value and interior is more sufisticated.

I am now tossing btw second hand Euro Auto vs brand new Accord 08 (non euro)

Any thoughts?

bodaas
17-08-2008, 07:06 PM
brand new accord 08

its roomy than euro version

blk_shadow
17-08-2008, 07:24 PM
yep, as bodaas said. accord is roomier, and also if u want to go V6, cos Euro doesn't come V6. but otherwise, they both good.

Type R Positive
17-08-2008, 08:19 PM
An Accord might be a bit more comfortable to live with in city traffic.
The new Euro auto is quite fun to drive, and I thought the paddles were very well done.

The Euro is definately a whole heap more fun to drive. V6 or not, the Euro out performs the Accord in every way. Euro is built in Japan, Accord in Thailand.

Now, the new Honda Legend on the other hand, that is a nice car!

unity
17-08-2008, 08:23 PM
If you want to buy new wait till a time like the end of year sales. You will save thousands and get heaps of extras free.

chunky
17-08-2008, 08:27 PM
go accord
looks bad ass aswell

and its *sOPHisticated btw ;)

tim-e
17-08-2008, 10:29 PM
The new Aurion Sportivo SXDisgusting interior, crap handling. I had to endure one as a rental a couple of months ago, I couldn't wait to ditch the piece of s**t.

The new Mazda 6I've always driven Mazdas in the past, they are consistently good cars and probably the only make I'd consider other than Honda.

sufisticated.Perchance you mean sophisticated? http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/tongue.gif

Mike Star
17-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Go the Euro over the Accord every time. Japanese build quality over Taiwanese and the Euro is a much nicer drive and looks heaps better too IMO.

damienm
18-08-2008, 01:21 AM
The new Euro auto is quite fun to drive, and I thought the paddles were very well done.

The Euro is definately a whole heap more fun to drive. V6 or not, the Euro out performs the Accord in every way. Euro is built in Japan, Accord in Thailand.

i heard that the new euro is built in thailand now from one of the mechanics in honda but yeh the new euros build quality still seems fantastic

dyljoy
18-08-2008, 01:33 AM
test drive both of them and choose the one u like, they are all awesome cars, coz made by honda.

Type R Positive
18-08-2008, 09:06 AM
i heard that the new euro is built in thailand now from one of the mechanics in honda but yeh the new euros build quality still seems fantasticSorry, you heard wrong. Euro = Japan ;).

Nax
18-08-2008, 09:33 AM
IMO euro would be the better choice, for a couple grand extra u have the option of having a manual if thats what ur into, u get more features, a better sound system, and an all around tighter, funner car, however

if ur an auto fan, like an ubersmooth ride, and a bigger style car like a commonwhore or a big ol saloon thenhe accord is a good choice.

tron07
18-08-2008, 09:43 AM
If I were to ditch the Euro, I think would be looking at Lexus, or some german marques.

Nax
18-08-2008, 09:46 AM
ya but if ur looking at those youll end up spending 50-100% more, granted some of them know how to make a car but a honda is the working mans mercedes;)

Crapdaz
18-08-2008, 12:09 PM
ya but if ur looking at those youll end up spending 50-100% more, granted some of them know how to make a car but a honda is the working mans mercedes;)
too bad most honda's don't come in RWD!! :thumbdwn: but for quality :thumbsup:

Nax
18-08-2008, 12:18 PM
touche' crapdaz....touche'

Crapdaz
18-08-2008, 12:33 PM
touche' crapdaz....touche'
they need some awesome RWD sedans.

Nax
18-08-2008, 12:35 PM
they need to bring out half of the awsomeness they have elsewhere in the world. the accord coupe in a v6 rw would be phenominal imo. or even an awd type r just to throw a wrench in subarus works

Crapdaz
18-08-2008, 12:39 PM
if the euro was RWD i'd go for that.

hows the FN2 going?

Nax
18-08-2008, 12:43 PM
good?? if ur asking about mine im just waiting for the thumbs up on finance, car is put away with a deposit, so fingers crossed it all goes ahead, should be driving it by end of the week

as for the euro, would be nice if it was as easy as taking the shell off, turning it around and away you go haha. or u could just by a rwd car and put a euro shell on it....if ur crazy that is. i think honda is pretty much stearing away from the rwd thing, who knows why. tho they have been caving to a bit of demand pressure on some things in recent times

tron07
18-08-2008, 12:46 PM
wish list for euro - RWD with the new accord's V6 engine

Nax
18-08-2008, 12:50 PM
and make it free while were at it, with 4 lcds, and 10 speaker sound and subwoofer, and 20 inch rims, with full performance kit:D

Crapdaz
18-08-2008, 12:55 PM
and make it free while were at it, with 4 lcds, and 10 speaker sound and subwoofer, and 20 inch rims, with full performance kit:D

rofl 20" too heavy, but the rest yes, rofl imagine that 10speaker sound system. hahaha!

tron07
18-08-2008, 12:57 PM
to get good SQ you dont need that many speakers....
those 10 speaker system are just marketing ploy for those who have no idea about car audio. Too many point source, makes more headache to get good staging and imaging. Its not the case the more the better.

Nax
18-08-2008, 12:58 PM
ya forget the 20's, lets just make it a hover car, with intersteller capabilities

but seriously, im not holding my breath, imo honda seriously needs to step up its sports/fun car market, all we have is type r civic and no offense its a bit dear for the average guy, something sporty in the civic price range would be awsome

and as for the speakers, technially legend and euro have ten speaker, tho only 7 are speakers.

tony1234
18-08-2008, 04:01 PM
to get good SQ you dont need that many speakers....
those 10 speaker system are just marketing ploy for those who have no idea about car audio. Too many point source, makes more headache to get good staging and imaging. Its not the case the more the better.
Yeah,i agree,but the CU2 audio sounds better than CL9.

Type R Positive
18-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah,i agree,but the CU2 audio sounds better than CL9.Im suprised at how well it performs actually.
It ain't no custom install by any means, but for OEM, it's great!
The center speaker makes all the difference. ;)

tritty
18-08-2008, 10:26 PM
If you want to buy new wait till a time like the end of year sales. You will save thousands and get heaps of extras free.

oh please!! you don't seriously believe that

Crapdaz
18-08-2008, 10:27 PM
oh please!! you don't seriously believe that

buy after a year or so because there will be problems with the first edition cars.

tritty
18-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Couldn't agree more!! Euro is a drivers car :thumbsup:

tritty
18-08-2008, 10:29 PM
buy after a year or so because there will be problems with the first edition cars.

maybe if you buy a Holden or a Ford................

aaronng
18-08-2008, 11:41 PM
they need to bring out half of the awsomeness they have elsewhere in the world. the accord coupe in a v6 rw would be phenominal imo. or even an awd type r just to throw a wrench in subarus works
Reminds me of the US forum complaining about the 2.4L and FWD. Then the TL had its 3.5L and FWD and they still complained. Now the TL comes with 3.5L and AWD. And........ now they are complaining about poor fuel consumption.

2 lessons learnt:
1) There is never pleasing any(every)body.
2) Be careful of what you wish for. LOL

Crapdaz
19-08-2008, 07:05 AM
maybe if you buy a Holden or a Ford................

it doesn't matter what car you buy your going to have problems with the 1st release.

tony1234
19-08-2008, 07:32 AM
it doesn't matter what car you buy your going to have problems with the 1st release.
True,but to a lesser degree with jap built cars.

tron07
19-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Yeah,i agree,but the CU2 audio sounds better than CL9.

Thats because CU2 have a subwoofer to cater for the low frequency.

Type R Positive
19-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Thats because CU2 have a subwoofer to cater for the low frequency.
Nah, the subwoofer is pretty shit. Still better than nothing.
I wish I could get more bass out of the other speakers.
Seems like all the bass goes to that weak subwoofer.

The center speaker makes the biggest difference.

Type R Positive
19-08-2008, 09:28 AM
What problems? Tell me now so I can book my car in. :p

Crapdaz
19-08-2008, 09:31 AM
What problems? Tell me now so I can book my car in. :p

i duno cause i havent a CU2. :p but if you find any problems let us know.

Type R Positive
19-08-2008, 10:12 AM
lol, you'll hear about it.....
They are essentially the same car though.

Crapdaz
19-08-2008, 10:17 AM
lol, you'll hear about it.....
They are essentially the same car though.
any problems with your clutch pedal creaking yet?

Type R Positive
19-08-2008, 11:19 AM
any problems with your clutch pedal creaking yet?Nope. It's a better set up in CU2.
Seems like they have fixed all CL9 problems. Fingers crossed anyway.

Crapdaz
19-08-2008, 11:20 AM
good to know.

aaronng
19-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Nope. It's a better set up in CU2.
Seems like they have fixed all CL9 problems. Fingers crossed anyway.

I thought you said that it was essentially the same car as the CL9. :p

tony1234
19-08-2008, 06:16 PM
any problems with your clutch pedal creaking yet?
Hope you don't get the dreaded clutch pedal squeak in your CU2 Type R.

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I thought you said that it was essentially the same car as the CL9. :p Yeah, CL9 with all the problems fixed hahahahaha! :D

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Hope you don't get the dreaded clutch pedal squeak in your CU2 Type R.
I hope so too. My CL9 had it, and It drove me nuts.....

vte18c
20-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi, Just to add my experience from a similar recent decision...

I have owned and just sold an 03 WRX Sti.. I found it fun, but painful to drive around day to day and lacking some basic qualities you would expect from a $50k+ car. So I temporarily downgraded to a 97 accord while I made my mind up about which car to buy next..

After previously owning and loving a 97 integra vtir, I test drove the new accord euro auto and absolutely loved it.. but for the purposes of an affordable work lease looked at the previous shape accord euro.. I always liked this shape from the day it first came out. So after a driving a few, I found the auto in the MY06 with sports mode to be too nice smooth to bother with another manual car. I have never owned an auto before and vowed I never would, but something about this auto is different.. it almost has a manual feel to it, even the auto shifter in the MY06+ kind of looks manualish.. haha

So.. I have just taken delivery of a black MY06 euro auto.. couldn't be happier.

dyljoy
20-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Good pick! u got it as 2nd or brand new?

vte18c
20-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Good pick! u got it as 2nd or brand new?

06 model yeah, 68,000km. Great value for money as a second hand car if you ask me, they seem to have dropped since the new shape came out.

dyljoy
20-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Congratulation! Enjoy your ride!

jeff_c
25-08-2008, 10:11 AM
06 model yeah, 68,000km. Great value for money as a second hand car if you ask me, they seem to have dropped since the new shape came out.

great car, congrats on the pickup, however (no offense) kms seems to be a little on the high side for a car thats approx. 18 months old..?

vte18c
25-08-2008, 10:32 AM
great car, congrats on the pickup, however (no offense) kms seems to be a little on the high side for a car thats approx. 18 months old..?

Yes, factored into the price too... :thumbsup:

BTW its 12/05 the first of the MY06 so its actually more like 30 months old.