PDA

View Full Version : $30 Subscription??

tougespirit
17-08-2008, 06:48 PM
$30 Subscription
All the benefits of an Ozhonda Supporter PLUS access to a special donators forum where you can get to know all the moderators in person.

Does it mean i will have the right to make a post in " Part For Sales"?

cheers

DvS-
17-08-2008, 06:54 PM
you can post in other peoples thread but not create your own thread

quoted from http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7156

NOTE: All payments/subscriptions are valid for 3 years and subscribing to Ozhonda DOES NOT mean you can bypass the conditions in place in order to sell something.

bennjamin
17-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Exactly right.

you have to EARN the right to sell here. If you are here just to sell , its best if you leave. We want this website for car enthusiasts :)

danjoy25
18-08-2008, 01:29 PM
you have to EARN the right to sell here.

Actually I disagree, as all you really do is be a member for 90 days and get a friend to give you a good feedback and your in. I know I will get shot but subscriptions should be compulsory to all individuals wanting to sell.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Actually I disagree, as all you really do is be a member for 90 days and get a friend to give you a good feedback and your in. I know I will get shot but subscriptions should be compulsory to all individuals wanting to sell.

thats against the rules...

lol this isnt NS man

dsp26
18-08-2008, 02:22 PM

mods actually check what gets given rep.. stupid and obvious ones like your scenario will win your friend an infraction.

Q_ball
18-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Its not really for anyone to disagree with but the site owner.
Sure they're open to suggestions, but this one has a long long history and has been solidly confirmed, that Ozhonda's main existance is not to provide users with another marketplace.
You have ebay and the likes for that kind of stuff.

mods actually check what gets given rep.. stupid and obvious ones like your scenario will win your friend an infraction.
Or a ban ;)

aaronng
18-08-2008, 02:33 PM
We don't really want to turn this into a "pay to sell" site unless you want to become a trader to sell commercially.

danjoy25
18-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Just stating the facts as its really that easy and I not a seller of anything.:thumbsup:

I honestly think alot of individual seller would be happy to fork out $30 for 3 years of being able to sell and it will also raise more funds to keep the site up.

DvS-
18-08-2008, 03:49 PM
yeah but that friend would have to have a good amount of rep to actually give one that counts..

i can see where the site owner/mods are coming from on this as it sort of does prevent a 'random' person registering here, and selling stolen stuff or sell fake stuff and scam them. well thats how i see it.

Euro08Jaz
18-08-2008, 03:51 PM
man how do i stop being a newcomer? im a honda enthusiast!!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-08-2008, 03:53 PM
You're right though

Would have to be a big block gansta

But someone having to pay 30 bucks + getting rep wont stop someone joining and selling there fake/stolen/shit in general

It happens on NS all the time (and you have to pay 20 bucks JUST to sell stuff) but then again there fs section IMO needs more moderation :p

DvS-
18-08-2008, 04:24 PM
your right shogun but in a way it reduces it. its like a prevention.
theres always a way around things.

dsp26
18-08-2008, 10:34 PM
your right shogun but in a way it reduces it. its like a prevention.
theres always a way around things.

not just that.. it's a deterent for fraudulent members interstate who advertise so so item and never actually send it.

if i was a thief i'd sell a b18c7 motor for $3k with shipping included to a lucky chap coz i paid $30 for 'the right to sell'

sure it's like any other marketplace and buyers just shouldn't be so dumb, but human nature.. who can resist a bargain... admittedly i wouldn't buy from anyone on here unless they can fulfill any of the following:
- in the same state and can do pickup
- If interstate must have rep + trader rating + has been a member for a while and is known by others

onlykillzz
18-08-2008, 10:46 PM
its funny how only the newcomers complain about the rule......

wynode
18-08-2008, 10:54 PM
$30 Subscription
All the benefits of an Ozhonda Supporter PLUS access to a special donators forum where you can get to know all the moderators in person.

Does it mean i will have the right to make a post in " Part For Sales"?

cheers

you can post in other peoples thread but not create your own thread

quoted from http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7156

NOTE: All payments/subscriptions are valid for 3 years and subscribing to Ozhonda DOES NOT mean you can bypass the conditions in place in order to sell something.

Question answered. It's all there in that thread so I don't know why this thread was even created!