PDA

View Full Version : Antenna problem on my crx

ITR001
27-09-2004, 10:09 PM
i have a gen 3 crx, the antenna seems to be broken, it does not go down, it stays up even when i turn the car off.
anybody know how to fix this problem?

ECU-MAN
27-09-2004, 10:23 PM
92 -95 have manual antenna, 96 on have electric antenna, what year is yours, is your stereo stock ?

2ds
27-09-2004, 11:45 PM
i have an electric in my 94....
don't worry too much about it as long as it isn't leaking water into the boot.

-2ds

ECU-MAN
27-09-2004, 11:50 PM
i have an electric in my 94....
don't worry too much about it as long as it isn't leaking water into the boot.

-2ds

is it factory ?

PhatSol
28-09-2004, 01:43 AM
My sol has antenna issues too... When it gets to the top it goes "click click click click" before the motor shuts off. Same on the way down :confused:

tekling
28-09-2004, 02:27 AM
same thing is happeneing with mine....
its coz i banged into a tree that was hanging overhead...think you mite need to replace it

ECU-MAN
28-09-2004, 09:08 AM
if your antenna mast is dirty or bent then it wont reach its full travel so it clicks till the motor stops at the end of its travel. if the mast is not bent try cleaning your antenna.

FANATK
28-09-2004, 01:50 PM
just a common problem, my teg clicks when goin up and down coz it doesnt go all the way up

i cleaned and oiled the antenna, works perfect... for a couple days then its rooted again

Anthony38
28-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I use to have that problem with my gen 3 crx. Does your one make *tick tick* on the way down?

well for my one the actual antenna was broken. Inside that metal rode there is some plastic stick that has teeth on it which is use to wind in or wind down the antenna.

I have one antenna lying around here at my place. I was planning to fix it but never got around to it.

PM if you wanna buy it.

SINISTR
28-09-2004, 06:09 PM
hey All,

Like anthony is saying - the teethed strip is whatz causing your antenas to click, as it gets to the end of the travel either up or down - the teeth are slipping... there is no way of fixing the existing teeth - you need to replace them or replace the whole antenna.

ITR: what could have happened with your antenna - when it went up, it got jammed - and its not catching the teeth to pull it back down. Give it a slight push to help it, if that don't work, give it some CRC down the housing and then a push and tug and if that don't work take it out and open it up - guarantee the teeth have gone too far for the motor to pick up the antenna.

hope that helps
Mike

PhatSol
28-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Like anthony is saying - the teethed strip is whatz causing your antenas to click, as it gets to the end of the travel either up or down - the teeth are slipping... there is no way of fixing the existing teeth - you need to replace them or replace the whole antenna.

Ohh sweet. Off to Honda spare parts tommorow to try and order the toothed strip :)

z3lda
28-09-2004, 07:11 PM
i get it too... but doesnt go all the way down. stops like 5cms just before all the way in. i just push it down with my hands.
now i just dont use the radio at all.

luzinit
28-09-2004, 09:15 PM
hahaaha, yeh buy a new one mate ;P

ECU-MAN
28-09-2004, 10:14 PM
You cant just buy a strip, it comes with the antenna mast and is one piece. the strips only ever become damaged when the arial is bent or seized and wont go up or down fully. the motor ratchets and weekens it over time. commonly the strip will snap at the end and when you remove the mast you have about 10cm of strip in the motor which need to be removed, never seen damaged teeth before on the trip. this only applies on genuine auto antenna,

STOCK
28-09-2004, 11:11 PM
if you dont know where to start looking/problem solving take it to your local car audio store.

2ds
29-09-2004, 05:03 PM
lol, nah it isn't original. those things are ****ing expensive, wait until you find out how much honda want for one.

-2ds

PhatSol
29-09-2004, 06:23 PM
lol, nah it isn't original. those things are ****ing expensive, wait until you find out how much honda want for one.

-2ds

How much does Honda want for the OEM antenna? Replaced the one on our AU2 twice already (bent) and Ford only charge $80 for the OEM power antenna!

ECU-MAN
29-09-2004, 09:19 PM
antenna mast for a H can be 120 - 140, there pretty tough though. if your motor is rooted hold your ancles as you step into the spare parts dept. from memory 450 starting price. Motors are awsome though, only ever need replacing when water got in coz some one didnt replace the anntena when it snapped off, or mechanics butcher it when removing old mast.

ECU-MAN
29-09-2004, 09:21 PM
lol, nah it isn't original. -2ds

thought so. :)

PhatSol
01-10-2004, 11:09 AM
So could somone tell me what the fully extended height of the stock antenna should be?

ECU-MAN
01-10-2004, 06:37 PM
So could somone tell me what the fully extended height of the stock antenna should be?
what year del sol, mech antenna or Electric

PhatSol
01-10-2004, 07:40 PM
what year del sol, mech antenna or Electric

'97 Sol
OEM Electric Antenna (as stated above) :)

Just trying to work out if mine is going up all the way, cause it does go down all the way but it's still making the clicking noise....

ECU-MAN
07-10-2004, 08:49 AM

98cm yo

PhatSol
07-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Ahh thanks. Mine stops at 78.5cm and then click click click..... So looks like I'll just get a new mast for it?

ECU-MAN
09-10-2004, 02:03 AM
you can try pulling on it when its in the UP position and you should get it to length, then clean it and lube it, You might fix it. never know.

PhatSol
09-10-2004, 06:09 PM
you can try pulling on it when its in the UP position and you should get it to length, then clean it and lube it, You might fix it. never know.

Yeah i'll give that a try tommorow :)

FULLY SIK!
11-10-2004, 08:37 PM
i got a gen 2 crx and my power windows do that... on auto when u do up the windows when it locks in it keeps trying to push the window up it goes "click click click" same when it goes down, but u cn stop it by flicking it a bit hahah

ECU-MAN
12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
i got a gen 2 crx and my power windows do that... on auto when u do up the windows when it locks in it keeps trying to push the window up it goes "click click click" same when it goes down, but u cn stop it by flicking it a bit hahah

your power window switch is rooted, clean, relapre or replace :)