PDA

View Full Version : Rear screen demist - CL9

ROBERT
20-08-2008, 08:46 AM
My car is allmost allways garaged however I had occasion to leave it out in the open over a few nights last week in Sydney. Leaving early in the morning I need to demist the rear screen but it took quite a long time - about 10minutes before it was fuly clear, and about 4 to 5 minutes before clear lines appeared between the elements. Is this normal?

koray
20-08-2008, 09:02 AM
i suppose it depends on how cold it is.. usually mine takes between 5-10 mins, depending on how much frost i have on the windows

unity
20-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I have never timed how long it takes but it does seem to take a few minutes to get the initial lines then a few minutes to have it all clear. It seems to take longer than other cars I have had in the past. My car is only a few months old so don't worry too much.

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, it can take ages.
I got tint now, so now it's a no-no for me :(

Crapdaz
20-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, it can take ages.
I got tint now, so now it's a no-no for me :(
you can't demist because it's got tint right?

damn if that's right i can't either, *sigh* who cares roll your windows down and drive fast!

davec
20-08-2008, 10:20 AM
yeah it seems to take a while compared to my previous cars

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 10:42 AM
you can't demist because it's got tint right?

damn if that's right i can't either, *sigh* who cares roll your windows down and drive fast!
Yeah, it peels the tint away from the glass, separates the glue.
Because I got butchered tint job on my back window, I'm really not that worried lol. :p

The X Man
20-08-2008, 11:16 AM
No offence but thats crap. I have had tinting in all my cars over the last 15 years and use the rear demister a hell ova lot and never had any issues with tint peeling off or coming away from the glass. Even in the Euro with 25% tint, no problems whatsoever.

If your tint argues with your rear window demister i would be searching for a new tinting place pronto.

koray
20-08-2008, 11:39 AM
i'm about to get my car retinted anyway.. if i can't use my demister, i'm gonna be seriously pissed off!

kimnkk
20-08-2008, 11:43 AM
No problems here. My dad has been using the rear demister on his tinted car for 10 years without a problem whatsoever.

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I just googled, Seems its ok after the tint has settled. Like 2 weeks.
Every tint place told me not to use demister. I guess they ment not right away?

tron07
20-08-2008, 01:57 PM
yup, you cant use the demister for like 1-2 weeks after tinting the car... after that, its allright

Type R Positive
20-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Sweet. Im going to start using demister. Mornings have been bloody cold down here.
I got heated mirrors too in the CU2, they are connected in with the rear demister.
I was sorta pissed that I couldn't use heated mirrors / demister, but all good now, I guess.....

Crapdaz
20-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Sweet. Im going to start using demister. Mornings have been bloody cold down here.
I got heated mirrors too in the CU2, they are connected in with the rear demister.
I was sorta pissed that I couldn't use heated mirrors / demister, but all good now, I guess.....
rofl :thumbsup:

damn do what i do leave for work at 6am with windows rolled down and cruise. :angel:

tony1234
20-08-2008, 06:06 PM
yup, you cant use the demister for like 1-2 weeks after tinting the car... after that, its allright
Yep.That's what i was told.

LXRY
20-08-2008, 06:35 PM
No offence but thats crap. I have had tinting in all my cars over the last 15 years and use the rear demister a hell ova lot and never had any issues with tint peeling off or coming away from the glass. Even in the Euro with 25% tint, no problems whatsoever.

If your tint argues with your rear window demister i would be searching for a new tinting place pronto. TRUE ;)

No problems here. My dad has been using the rear demister on his tinted car for 10 years without a problem whatsoever. Never had any issues either ;)

My car is allmost allways garaged however I had occasion to leave it out in the open over a few nights last week in Sydney. Leaving early in the morning I need to demist the rear screen but it took quite a long time - about 10minutes before it was fuly clear, and about 4 to 5 minutes before clear lines appeared between the elements. Is this normal?

It really depends on how cold as stated above, can't give you definate answer you would have to put 2 euro's together to know definetly, If your that worried and think that might be an issue mention it to your dealer next time you go there

ROBERT
21-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, as UNITY said it does take longer than other cars i have owned in the past. I think the outside temperature is not so significant as I have ice on the windows of other cars and they demisted a lot quicker. So the bottom line seams to be the Honda has a low wattage element and there is nothing to be done.

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, as UNITY said it does take longer than other cars i have owned in the past. I think the outside temperature is not so significant as I have ice on the windows of other cars and they demisted a lot quicker. So the bottom line seams to be the Honda has a low wattage element and there is nothing to be done.

Low wattage is good for some reasons. The tint lasts longer and if you are in really cold subzero weather with ice on the rear windscreen, it won't crack if you use the demister. Got to remember that the Euro was designed for use in other countries with freezing climates like Iceland, Canada and Europe.