PDA

View Full Version : New Civic revealed

Malenic1981
21-08-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/newspics/2008-08-21.jpg

Link to pic 2 (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_554/car_photo_277290_25.jpg)

The new Honda Civic is here – and yet again it’s set to break the mould in the family hatchback sector! These exclusive shots show how the next car will look when it hits the showroom in 2010, and as you can see, the Japanese maker has opted for a shape that is even bolder and more individual than the current model.

With Vauxhall set to launch a stylish new Astra, and the next, sleek Ford Focus due in 2010, competition is fierce – but Honda has pulled out the stops to create a real stunner. As revealed in Issue 1,023, the OSM concept seen at the British Motor Show was more than simply an ‘Open Study Model’ – as the face of the new Civic is almost identical.

There are hints of VW’s IROC concept, which was toned down to become the Scirocco, in the gaping front grille. The new hatchback adds elements carried over from the current Civic, too, most notably the trademark single strip light cluster at the rear. But Honda fans will note that the split rear screen has been dropped to improve visibility. Shallow glass areas, broad shoulders and a nose-down stance give this three-door model a sporty and purposeful look.

The hatchback ‘coupé’ pictured here will be aimed at younger buyers, who want style and image more than outright practicality. So, as well as big alloys and a contrasting black bodykit, the three-door gets lowered suspension and a dark interior with deeply sculpted seats.

The three-door will be distinct from the five, as Honda adopts an approach similar to the Renault Mégane by pitching the two cars at different buyers. So, the five-door will be more for the family, with a taller roofline offering plenty of space, a bigger boot, plus a softer ride and handling balance.

The engine line-up will be shared between the two styles, though, and our sources have revealed that a 1.5-litre IMA hybrid engine with more than 150bhp and sub-CO2 120g/km emissions will appear.

In fact, the Civic will herald a change in focus for the Japanese maker as it seeks to reduce CO2 emissions. It’s currently restructuring manufacturing facilities to cater for large-scale hybrid production.

Over the next five years, Honda plans to power all four-cylinder cars using either petrol hybrids with lithium-ion batteries or i-CTDi diesels. But it is also introducing ‘deactivation technology’ for its V6, V8 and V10 engines. This means that some
cylinders will not be used in more relaxed driving conditions in an attempt to improve efficiency.

Hot hatch fans will also be well catered for, as a Type R flagship is in the works, powered by a 2.0-litre i-VTEC engine which, given Honda’s five-year hybrid plan, could be boosted by an electric motor. This would make it the world’s first hybrid hot hatch!

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Post a link to the source please.

Looks like an updated version of the UK Civic. I like the S2000/Alfa Brera-style front but not really liking the Odyssey-style rear.

EK9
21-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Google ftw

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/226578/new_civic_revealed.html

EK9
21-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Looks alot like the OSM Concept...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94036
http://world.honda.com/news/2008/4080722British-International-Motor-Show/photo/images/01.jpg

I don't mind it, looks quite nice. But then again, concepts usually are spec'd with big wheels, body kits, nice interiors... the real deal will definitely not be as bold...

Malenic1981
21-08-2008, 10:27 AM
EK9 thanks for posting link, I fully forgot hehe
as for the car it looks ok, it's hard to say much until they get some real shots, engine combo for CTR sounds promising, maybe an updated version of K20 plus electric motor, could easy go to 200KW

mleung
21-08-2008, 10:27 AM
The front has a slight resembelance to the S2000

mars_panas
21-08-2008, 10:30 AM
front looks Hot.... but not a big fan of the back

CRXer
21-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I like it,lets hope it rolls outta the factory like that

looks like an FN2R had sex with an EG

Frost_FD
21-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I want !!!

Raztaz
21-08-2008, 11:54 AM
hot as! i don't like the rear lights too much though

Nax
21-08-2008, 12:15 PM
well with our past experience with honda, if it looks that awsome, not a chance in hell it would make its way to australia lol. well get stuck with some halfass version and only one spec no doubt.

fingers crossed we dont get jacked cuz it looks hella rad!

EG30
21-08-2008, 12:38 PM
good to see the EG split rear gate and rear side windows are back!

Let's hope the features make it to production!

Crapdaz
21-08-2008, 01:03 PM
mate that's awesome, looks similiar to s2k, and massive 18" wheels looks like.

TKO
21-08-2008, 01:56 PM
The front is very attractive, the rear could looks better without the middle lights bit.

Hahah, but like Nax said. Honda(oz) is probable import the weaker version only....like the hybrid or the sedan.

Australia alway miss out on the good things.

DropBear
21-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Looks fantastic and I hope it does make it here - but what has me even more intrigued is what the Jap Civic will look like (the one we're more likely to receive)- as this is one on the photos is obviously the next Euro Civic...

...the plot thickens...

..either way, I'm excited :)

aaronng
21-08-2008, 02:04 PM
The front is very attractive, the rear could looks better without the middle lights bit.

Hahah, but like Nax said. Honda(oz) is probable import the weaker version only....like the hybrid or the sedan.

Australia alway miss out on the good things.

Huh? Currently, Honda Australia has NOT imported the weaker versions and only have the Type R.

BlitZ
21-08-2008, 03:14 PM
looks like an astra rear, s2k front

EuroAccord13
21-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Mmmm.. Nice......

finalazy
21-08-2008, 04:19 PM
to me it looks like a mix between the s2000 and odessy

D16EK1
21-08-2008, 04:24 PM
i like the s2k style front, but the rear isn't that nice imo, could be better.

EGB18CT
21-08-2008, 05:09 PM
x between a s200 front and renaultish rear

mattchuej8
21-08-2008, 08:22 PM
thats pimmpppp.

sitta
21-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Huh? Currently, Honda Australia has NOT imported the weaker versions and only have the Type R.

i think he was refering to the fd2R not beeing imported to australia

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:28 PM
i think he was refering to the fd2R not beeing imported to australia

But, the Civic in this article is the UK version.

panda[cRx]
22-08-2008, 01:49 PM
hopefully they produce these in japan/thailand so we can get them at a decent price

kraiye
23-08-2008, 10:53 AM
yuck! looks like a renault

jugbugz
23-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Type R should be a hit(hence 'made in japan'). Hope the complete lineup will come to AU :)

JaCe
24-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought the rear looks more conservative than the current CTR hatch from UK... hmmMmmm... but the front is uber aggressive S2K style which is nice. See a bit of Audi in it too I reckon.

markCivicVti
24-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm more interested in what the next sedan will look like...

beeza
25-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Wow! This car has grown on me,didn't think that would happen since i like old designs...GO THE CIVIC'S!!! :thumbsup:

Jarkz
25-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Not bad... Loving what the UK are doing with Honda's

the rear tail lights are very alfaish to me...

DreadAngel
27-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Bloody hell, take the Alfa headlights why don't you... *NOT ****in' HAPPY*

ViHatcher
27-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I would prefer below.

http://www.honda.co.ru/CommonFiles/Honda_RU/General/News/2008/08/13.08.2008/5_CIVIC-5Dr-Front.jpg

Anyone know what it said from below source?

Source: http://www.honda.co.ru/news/2008/08/13082008.shtml?sRPSID=260&sDY=2008&sDM=08

DreadAngel
27-08-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.zerotohundred.com/news/march/mugen_fd_type_r/mugen_fd_new_civic_type_r_1.jpg

Thats more like it...

fasthonda
31-08-2008, 05:23 PM
No, this is more like it.... .Either in all white or red with the darkened Mugen RR rims it would look mean......albeit a far,far more expensive option:(

http://i35.tinypic.com/21mdroz.jpg

kraiye
01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/21mdroz.jpg

Pic on the left looks like it's a bout to cry!!!
lol

DreadAngel
01-09-2008, 10:05 PM
It's crying because it looked above lol =P

fasthonda
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
It's crying because it looked above lol =P

If you are referring to the Mugen RR ha!..ha! it wouldn't stand a chance against that particular FN2.

http://www.jasmotorsport.com/en/RaceA.aspx?Id=85&Aut=90

CKEY
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
hondas real problem is a solid image. the designs are always jumping from place to place. when you think of BMW you think of the kidney grills, merc has they twin eyes, peugeot (or how ever it is) has their smiley face grill (which this looks real similar) mazda has their unique taillight designs, holden has their front end, etc etc etc. Honda needs something solid to stick. their grill should be consistent and striking, like the grill of the Acura RSX or the Acord Euro (pre 2007). The upside down trianglular shape with a bit of a twist. It's striking, and recognisable. Honda needs to keep this in ALL their designs, and maybe then people will take the designs more serious.

This Civic, all though appealing, is way to similar to the peugeot in my opinion. What do you guys think? Do you agree with me or not?

kraiye
03-09-2008, 12:00 AM
definitely!

DreadAngel
03-09-2008, 11:03 AM
If you are referring to the Mugen RR ha!..ha! it wouldn't stand a chance against that particular FN2.

http://www.jasmotorsport.com/en/RaceA.aspx?Id=85&Aut=90

Bro, I never said in performance, purely on asthetics personally ;)

I'm sure there are a few demo FD2Rs that'll spank it quite happily...

hondas real problem is a solid image. the designs are always jumping from place to place. when you think of BMW you think of the kidney grills, merc has they twin eyes, peugeot (or how ever it is) has their smiley face grill (which this looks real similar) mazda has their unique taillight designs, holden has their front end, etc etc etc. Honda needs something solid to stick. their grill should be consistent and striking, like the grill of the Acura RSX or the Acord Euro (pre 2007). The upside down trianglular shape with a bit of a twist. It's striking, and recognisable. Honda needs to keep this in ALL their designs, and maybe then people will take the designs more serious.

This Civic, all though appealing, is way to similar to the peugeot in my opinion. What do you guys think? Do you agree with me or not?

Amen, better than the shit being served from the year 3010 lolskies... If they stick to that, OMG =P

twing
03-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Very subjective topic.

I like honda design, because they think outside of the box. Each of their model has their special touch, and designed for its purpose.

If they choose to be consistent, they will ended up like mazda. Mazda 3 is reduced version of Mazda 6, CX9 is an enlarged CX7... too much consistency/similarity makes them too bland.

Honda has the big :honda: to be recogniseable on the street. And it's actually growing bigger and bigger :p

CKEY
04-09-2008, 02:35 PM
lol twing, i guess you can look at it that way. but you see the mada 3 is meant to be a smaller version of the 6, and the 9 a larger version of the 7. Just like the BMW X5 is the larger version of the X3. It's pretty much a given that you have a bigger and smaller version of the same car. The Civic is the small one, the Accord the bigger one, but there is nothing that distinguishes Hondas car models. You can have models that think "outside of the box" but keep something consistent, which is why I mentioned the grille. It's what most car manufacturers do, it's simple and allows the body to change willy nilly but still keeping something striking and familiar. Again I give the example of the BMW. The last body change was a real change from the traditional BMW but it still ahs the same presence if not more of a presence because of the kidney grille.

I guess every man to them self haha. Maybe I'll draw up some concepts :P

(BTW it may seem like BMW is always on my mind but TBH I don't care for BMW much at all)

twing
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
lol twing, i guess you can look at it that way. but you see the mada 3 is meant to be a smaller version of the 6, and the 9 a larger version of the 7. Just like the BMW X5 is the larger version of the X3. It's pretty much a given that you have a bigger and smaller version of the same car. The Civic is the small one, the Accord the bigger one, but there is nothing that distinguishes Hondas car models.

That's exactly what I see too. But in Honda world, accord is NOT a bigger version of civic. Each to their own class (mini car, small car, sport car, family car,etc.)

You are right, that honda doesn't use the grill to maintain the presence. They use their H emblem for that, and it's been consistent across all model.

Riviera
05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
i reckon it looks sexy as........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mate said

Jack says:
looks like the s2k eg and the new supra had babies

Kath
30-09-2008, 06:05 PM
i rekn it looks like a spaceship lol

I heart the SSS
30-09-2008, 10:22 PM
hard, looks like captain picard pilots that shit.

/ i'm an old fart who likes old cars.

ITR
03-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Looks like poo

JOhnnyFD
04-01-2009, 04:55 AM
tat is... nahh

CB7_OWNER
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Looks like S2000 Crossed paths with a Late model oDdessy lol

1900-hustler
05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
s2k odessey alfa romeo gang bang!

wouldnt mind one tbh.. but i wouldnt be suprised if it cost more across the whole civic range..

EK1.6LCIV
05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Id love to buy this

Type R Positive
06-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like poo
I have never been a fan of hatches myself either...
Looks better than current FN2R though.

SaBReT00tH
07-01-2009, 09:29 PM
will these be for sale in Australia? And how much?

markCivicVti
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping that these will be hatch only.. then I won't even be tempted to upgrade to the next gen and won't feel so bad when I see one on the road in a yr or two.

sedan > hatch imo

ELA07
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Do u think it will come out in yellow.. IM SOOO WAITING FOR A YELLOW HONDAAA... grrr..

muzukashi
26-01-2009, 10:00 AM
wow that looks pretty crazy, yea it does look slightly like the s2k
pretty nice though