PDA

View Full Version : K&N oil filter..

trevork86
21-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi there,
I came across the K&N oil filter hp 1010, do you guys know whether this one fits on my accord euro (manufactured 2007 Dec). What brand and type of oil filter are you guys using?

tpphan
21-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Honda OEM :D

tony1234
21-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda OEM :D
+1.stick with honda oil filter.

EuroAccord13
21-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Honda OEM filter works just as well :)....

felixd
21-08-2008, 04:15 PM
or you could give it a try and let us know about it :D...

trevork86
21-08-2008, 04:19 PM
where can you get oem honda filters? i'm worried if k&n wont fit..
thanks guys anyway

felixd
21-08-2008, 04:21 PM
oem honda filters you can go to any dealer service to purchase them not expensive at all :)

MangChi
21-08-2008, 04:26 PM
your honda dealer/ service centre

Crapdaz
21-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi there,
I came across the K&N oil filter hp 1010, do you guys know whether this one fits on my accord euro (manufactured 2007 Dec). What brand and type of oil filter are you guys using?

yes it fits, have it on my car atm and still got one sitting in my room. :thumbsup:

OEM honda ones are located at your local honda dealer (go figure)!

trevork86
22-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Crapdaz,

Can you really feel the difference with K&N? Do you mind if i ask where and how much did you pay for it?
I googled oil filter for accord euro, come up with K&N, Amozoil, Mobil 1, but only K&N is availabe at aus dealer.

I so love to rev and i'm also doing excessive short distance trips. I figure i will need a better filter other than an oem one.

anyway, thanks for your reply.

Min988
22-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Crapdaz,

Can you really feel the difference with K&N? Do you mind if i ask where and how much did you pay for it?
I googled oil filter for accord euro, come up with K&N, Amozoil, Mobil 1, but only K&N is availabe at aus dealer.

I so love to rev and i'm also doing excessive short distance trips. I figure i will need a better filter other than an oem one.

Letting the car warm up before your cane it and changing your oil on a more regular basis ie. 5000k instead of 10000k is going to yield better protection for your car than a after market oil filter over an oem one.

Crapdaz
22-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Crapdaz,

i got mine for $30 each off ebay from a US seller.
search for TSX in keywords.

Difference no you can't tell by performance, only thing that would make slight difference is the changing of oil.
e.g from stock honda oil to motul 8100 turbolight 5W40 (semi synthetic) found the car is more easily revved, and smoother.

Min988 is right oil is better performance than just an oil filter.

tpphan
22-08-2008, 08:58 AM
You could always try the Mugen Filter, or Hamp. These are available from the traders in this forum.

But the filter should be less of your worries, just use Honda OEM, does the job.

trevork86
22-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Letting the car warm up before your cane it and changing your oil on a more regular basis ie. 5000k instead of 10000k is going to yield better protection for your car than a after market oil filter over an oem one.

Thanks. By the way, do any of you manual drivers find that when you're about to change gear, you lift your right foot from gas and press down clutch, meanwhile, the engine wont react to your right foot simutaneously, it will normally take half a second for
engine to stop reving... i found its anoying, maybe it's due to the DBW tech. Do you guys have any idea??

trevork86
22-08-2008, 11:55 AM
You could always try the Mugen Filter, or Hamp. These are available from the traders in this forum.

But the filter should be less of your worries, just use Honda OEM, does the job.

Thanks, i will take a peek.

DNY*BOY
22-08-2008, 12:21 PM
im running the k&n on my eg , providing ur sercivicing on time using appropriate oil n oil filter dont matter just stick with honda , it wont make a difference really its just a name .

DNY*BOY
22-08-2008, 12:23 PM
The oem filter and k&n same size and fit only advantage is you dont need the filter remover tool , its got a nut on the top of it so you can wrench it off!

Crapdaz
22-08-2008, 12:24 PM
The oem filter and k&n same size and fit only advantage is you dont need the filter remover tool , its got a nut on the top of it so you can wrench it off!

how tight are you tightening the oil filter? really depends on how tight you put the oil filter back on.

lol the OEM honda one they put on during the service was able to be twisted off hand tight.

zcube
25-08-2008, 12:49 PM
how tight are you tightening the oil filter? really depends on how tight you put the oil filter back on.

lol the OEM honda one they put on during the service was able to be twisted off hand tight.

Agreed, oil filters should only be hand tight. One trick is to use a piece of rubber (eg tire tubing rubber) to add a bit of grip when putting on/taking off the filter.

Crapdaz
25-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Agreed, oil filters should only be hand tight. One trick is to use a piece of rubber (eg tire tubing rubber) to add a bit of grip when putting on/taking off the filter.
or you can be hectic and buy a oil filter wrench.

twing
25-08-2008, 01:26 PM
By the way, do any of you manual drivers find that when you're about to change gear, you lift your right foot from gas and press down clutch, meanwhile, the engine wont react to your right foot simutaneously, it will normally take half a second for
engine to stop reving... i found its anoying, maybe it's due to the DBW tech. Do you guys have any idea??

yes.. you are right,
That half a second is used to burn all reminder fuel/air mix so it is more emission friendly. With the DBW our right foot doesn't control the throttle directly. The computer sense your right foot and decide how much throttle to open.

trevork86
25-08-2008, 03:36 PM
yes.. you are right,
That half a second is used to burn all reminder fuel/air mix so it is more emission friendly. With the DBW our right foot doesn't control the throttle directly. The computer sense your right foot and decide how much throttle to open.

Ey man, thanks. Anyway, i think DBW is supposed to equip cars that at least has a semi-auto or something. It is emission friendly but will it increase the fuel consumption?

at wat RPM do you guys change gear... Say, normal driving, start stop traffic, especially 1st-2nd... i found 1st is way too short....man..

but damn, i love vtec

tpphan
25-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Change gears usually around 3000rpm, however if lazy/tired then around 2500rpm. More fuel efficient :eek:

I believe in your manual, it gives the recommended shift points.

If up for the spirited driving, then way more :D, all the way.

Heres an two old thread about it:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76684
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19673

egSi
25-08-2008, 04:53 PM
i have been using K&N oil filters in my Civic forever. I plan on sticking one on my Euro very soon.

IMO just having the hex on the filter is worth the price.

each to their own i guess :)

trevork86
25-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Change gears usually around 3000rpm, however if lazy/tired then around 2500rpm. More fuel efficient :eek:

I believe in your manual, it gives the recommended shift points.

If up for the spirited driving, then way more :D, all the way.

Heres an two old thread about it:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76684
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19673

Thanks, i will go and have a look. BTW, you mentioned the owner manual. yes, i read it on page 381, 1st-2nd: 27km/h, 2nd-3rd: 46km/h, 3rd-4th: 59. I cant remember exactly at wat point that i actually shift, but normal driving, i would be in 4th till 60km/h and changed into 5th. Cruise at 60km/h at 1900-2100Rpm. if i do anything above 65, i would be in 6th gear already.~~~

i babied my car .. hit redline twice and the car has done 3000k.

after the oil and filter change, i will try harder on the machine.

Type R Positive
25-08-2008, 07:06 PM
All the damage is done at initial start up.
Upgraded oil filters (with less restriction) are a very smart idea. ;)