PDA

View Full Version : Parcel Tray in coupe

mattchuej8
21-08-2008, 08:25 PM
So you guys with coupes,
does your parcel tray rattle a lot?
i mean like the part that holds the 6x9's.

In my coupe, it rattles heaps, and makes my ride a lot noiser, less enjoyable. Even when im not playing music, its rattles. ......f!
know how to stop it?

Cheers.

paps02
21-08-2008, 08:48 PM
next time i go for a drive il listen out for it but i cant notice it even if it does.... maybe make sure its all in correct?

EK1.6LCIV
21-08-2008, 09:24 PM
nope none here, fold down the seats and have a good look at how its connected on the top and sides. It's very unusual imo seeing as I dont particularly baby my EJ8 much at all, nothing vibrates in mine, on the whole theyre built very robust inside. I'd have to blame the stereo installers if you've had your rear speakers upgraded, they prob have loosened something under the cover. Guess on the weekend pop it off and have a squizz under it. Sorry I couldn't really help but at 200,oooks on mine it still is a gem inside and out for a 1996 car

lenz
21-08-2008, 11:25 PM
in my sedan it really nosie cause of the bass what i did and put some white foam sound dead thingo that found in home system speakers

wob
22-08-2008, 12:15 AM
just use bits of paper
and wedge it betwen panels

latinstyle69
22-08-2008, 10:55 AM
My coupe doesn't even make a noise in the parcel shelf, id suggest pulling it off and then puttin it back to make sure its on correctly and if it continues buy some foam tape and tape the inside of the tray from where its rattling.... could also be the brake light inside loose

XP02ED
22-08-2008, 11:06 AM
theres 6 clips that hold it down

check if they are there.

also make sure your wires and and your seat manual openening thing isnt hittin the metal rods.

kraftycuts
26-08-2008, 10:27 AM
i also have this problem. i have checked under my parcel shelf when i installed my 6x9s and found i had no clips what so ever so it will always rattle when driving or when the music is up, its so annoying. but i figured just using some cardboard to wedge it tightly to the base so it wont be loose and rattle.

jaz3
26-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I've got plenty of rattles in mine...rear parcel when im driving and with music vibrates like hell with on only 6x9's. Another annoying rattle in the rear passenger side sounds like its coming from behind all the plastic interior - metal touching metal.

saikou27
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
mine rattles only when i play music pretty loud. take of the rear tray and pop it back into place and it should be fine. unless you brake the clips like i did when putting in new speakers lol