PDA

View Full Version : Civic Driver Seat Rocks! wat to do?

William
28-09-2004, 11:56 AM
My driver seat rocks a bit. Its getting annoying. is there a way of fixing this??

the car is 99 coupe vtir

it supposedly still has warranty of 2 months left,

im going to bring it in to the dealer service

but then ive only got the previous owners extended warranty papers

i dont have my own...is that good enough??

"supposedly transfer papers can only be transfered within 30 days of car purchase"

ECU-MAN
28-09-2004, 12:18 PM
could be loose seat bolts ( which I highly doubt ) or the seat rail bolts. it seems more to be the seat rail. get the dealer to look at it if you can get warranty on it.

William
28-09-2004, 12:19 PM
yeah its not the bolt that connects to the car.....thats tight

its something in the seat rail

ECU-MAN
28-09-2004, 12:23 PM
the seat rail also has bolts that hold it to the the seat, check those as well if there tight then you rail could be rooted.

civic__dd
28-09-2004, 12:36 PM
My passenger seat rocks the same as your describing. I think ile have a look and try the rail bolts as all seat bolts are tight. Is this commun?

mr crex
29-09-2004, 01:58 AM
I dunno how you guys find it in the later model cars... but I've noticed with a lot of older civic/crxs (88-91) that over time the seat rail mounting positions (on the chassis) start to crack around the hole, a friends crx was so bad that it actually snapped off when we were removing the seatrail bolt, had to get it welded back to the chassis and reinforce the other mount points as they were starting to crack also.

take that into consideration also.