PDA

View Full Version : Low Fuel Light

werks
22-08-2008, 01:43 PM
hi guys,
so far oh has been very resourceful,
but there is a small problem that is sorta annoying me but cant find anything on it.
my low fuel indicated never comes on.
ive only seen it come on once the whole time i had my ek1.
so i was just wondering wat could be the cause and a solution to the problem.

onlykillzz
22-08-2008, 01:57 PM
blown glob or your just not milking it enough for it to come on

DNY*BOY
22-08-2008, 02:00 PM
check your fuel pump (can u hear loud pinging type noise when car is on) to familiarise urself with this noise turn ur reds on and leave for 5 secs ull here the fuel pump. It probably wont be that bu tthe fuel feeder inside , or coudl be what onlykills said u aint milking it so go hard fuel light only comes on when uve got enough to get you home from clubbn hehe =) hope that helped

Raztaz
22-08-2008, 11:31 PM
as a matter of interest, if/when that light comes on how much roughly how much fuel is there left in the tank in a EK1?

Blulude98
22-08-2008, 11:42 PM
hi guys,
so far oh has been very resourceful,
but there is a small problem that is sorta annoying me but cant find anything on it.
my low fuel indicated never comes on.
ive only seen it come on once the whole time i had my ek1.
so i was just wondering wat could be the cause and a solution to the problem.

Your sensor inside your tank is phuked, unfortunately you have to buy the whole sender unit you cant just change the sensor.

Blulude98
22-08-2008, 11:43 PM
as a matter of interest, if/when that light comes on how much roughly how much fuel is there left in the tank in a EK1?
Exactly 8 litres from the time it switches on.

dumped echo
23-08-2008, 12:34 AM
In summary it could be
1. The light itself is blown
2. The sender is stuffed
3. You're not letting the fuel get low enough for the fuel light to come on
4. Wiring issue

diffuzn
23-08-2008, 02:40 AM
yeah mine doesn't come on too... :(

markoJEK1
23-08-2008, 10:04 AM
werks - best way to test that is take out the fuel pump / sender unit out of the tank, move the floater to empty and see if your cluster displays the correct reading followed by the fuel light, if thats not working, check the bulb. Take those 2 steps first before you go spending money on items which arent neccessarily faulty.

butch_le
23-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Exactly 8 litres from the time it switches on.

is this the same for a crx del sol 96?

werks
23-08-2008, 02:24 PM
i know the light blulb isnt blown because 5 nights ago the light faded on and then off.
thanks for the suggestions ill try when i have free time.