PDA

View Full Version : FD2R for rally/track $25k import

Jo_e
22-08-2008, 04:52 PM
If only I had 25k...dammit...:(

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modules/stock/index.php?StockID=4681

2MPRSS
22-08-2008, 04:56 PM
there is no way to register it in nsw is there?

musers
22-08-2008, 04:58 PM
i personally don't think that is a type R, i reckon it's a normal civic done up to be a type R imo if you look closely at the interior

JaCe
22-08-2008, 05:03 PM
i personally don't think that is a type R, i reckon it's a normal civic done up to be a type R imo if you look closely at the interior

What looks suspicious? If it's not a real one, the owner must've spent a lot of effort to do it up to match it!

mugsee
22-08-2008, 05:06 PM
This looks like a race only FD2R (not road registrable) that was sold by Honda Japan.

They were sold with most of the interior and luxurious items missing because they expected the owner to personalise and modify the car to their own tastes. I think they were sold for about $14,000 AUD equivalent.

bodaas
22-08-2008, 05:10 PM
got the engine start button? only FD2R got them rite??

i reckon the only reason it cant be register because we already had the same 4 door civic FDs in australia,

its not like the 7th gen civic, we didnt have the 3 doors exactly alike EP3R at that time right

musers
22-08-2008, 05:14 PM
well there are civic's in thailand done by Dr. Mo i think it was on the SG civic forum.

lots of things look sus
wheres the red badge the steering wheel?
even the cream interior itself lol
looks like an auto not manual, i dont even see the clutch

Chi
22-08-2008, 06:35 PM
well there are civic's in thailand done by Dr. Mo i think it was on the SG civic forum.

lots of things look sus

Its meant to be stripped for race use.

So they would of originally taken off the steering wheel, carpert, door and interior trims etc.

But maybe they just chucked on random bits to temp use to move it around who knows.

That is definately a manual gear box because you can see the shift linkages attached.

Steering wheel is different because they prob temp used one to move the car around, if you use the car for race use usually they change to a lighter and smaller wheel.

Steering wheel is covering the view of teh clutch pedal so u cant exactly confirm anything.

Pedals are definately the Type R ones.

Car definately has different engine you can tell from the IM, brakes look like they havent had any use at all.

CAr overall looks pretty legit to me, I dont think anyone would want to take the risk of doing it up to look like the real thing and sell it knowing people might complain.

musers
22-08-2008, 06:50 PM
meh, maybe i've over looked maybe it is the real deal lol

STiR
22-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Lol, at first glance you can tell there's no way its a fake. Brembos, RE070s, 18s, gear knob, pedals, IM cover everything!

ban
22-08-2008, 08:06 PM
dat cream interior should dat be red?
looks like it doesnt have recaros
25k should dat be more because of the model and Kms

Chi
22-08-2008, 08:36 PM
dat cream interior should dat be red?
looks like it doesnt have recaros
25k should dat be more because of the model and Kms

ARe you like some moron that skips all posts in this thread?

Learn to read, it might get you somewhere in life.

ban
22-08-2008, 08:59 PM
sorry then

musers
22-08-2008, 10:26 PM
here you go the previously posted thread on type R conversion

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80120

SHIFTY
22-08-2008, 10:33 PM
You would be able to get rally rego.. so u can drive to events and back and to workshops only...

Looks to be legit? would make a awesome track car :D

Cheers Dave.

Chi
22-08-2008, 10:47 PM
here you go the previously posted thread on type R conversion

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80120

Yes Im sure someone went through all the hassles to convert it to a FD2R just so they can sell it as an import race car only :rolleyes:

IF they were going to do that, they might as well do it to a car in Australia so it can be registered.

Geez why are people on this forum getting so stupid.

musers
22-08-2008, 11:14 PM
We can express our opinions freely, does it matter if it was right or wrong? end of the day it's just a forum. But okay Mr. Right, thanks though for pointing out for us which posts are stupid and what not :thumbsup: just need more of people like you around here.

yourfather
22-08-2008, 11:37 PM
We can express our opinions freely, does it matter if it was right or wrong? end of the day it's just a forum. But okay Mr. Right, thanks though for pointing out for us which posts are stupid and what not :thumbsup: just need more of people like you around here.

at least you are man enough to admit failure.

Zilli
23-08-2008, 12:43 AM
are you like some moron that skips all posts in this thread?

lmfao

Tofu
23-08-2008, 01:11 AM
hahaha, it's one thing to express your opinions and then there's something called "making a fool out of yourself"...anyway....like Chi has said, why would anyone make a normal FD2 into a TypeR and sell it as a track only car?

happy
23-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Yes Im sure someone went through all the hassles to convert it to a FD2R just so they can sell it as an import race car only :rolleyes:

IF they were going to do that, they might as well do it to a car in Australia so it can be registered.

Geez why are people on this forum getting so stupid.

ARe you like some moron that skips all posts in this thread?

I joined alot of forum worldwide, Singapore/Malaysia/Philiphine/NZ/US/Australia/UK.
The most uneducate and rude comment was at Australia forum. Not wonder Australia famous as rude and swearing people...lol
Most helpful US forum, most friendly Singapore

Philip Lee
23-08-2008, 07:33 AM
this is the real deal. Honda Japan released a special race use FD2R.

more detail here (http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/onemake/index.html) (japanese only).

basically it comes with all running gear except LSD, no trim, no seat (except crappy driver seat), no airbags etc.

this car comes out of factory like that. it is intended to be prepared by workshops to race at their One Make race series. nothing is striped or replaced. a roll cage, seats, steering wheels plus other race accessories like fire extingisher etc = race car.

Philip Lee
23-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I joined alot of forum worldwide, Singapore/Malaysia/Philiphine/NZ/US/Australia/UK.
The most uneducate and rude comment was at Australia forum. Not wonder Australia famous as rude and swearing people...lol

fair enough with your view but Chi wasn't exactly wrong so you can't brand him as "uneducated".

Chi
23-08-2008, 07:56 AM

You can express your opinion all you want, but I more than allowed to express my opinion on the posts that are stupid like yours. :thumbsup:

That would of been a good statement if your grammar was more "educate"

yourfather
23-08-2008, 08:08 AM

box of tissues in the mail.

Elwood
23-08-2008, 10:44 AM
You can express your opinion all you want, but I more than allowed to express my opinion on the posts that are stupid like yours. :thumbsup:

That would of been a good statement if your grammar was more "educate"

Rofl.

Mitsubishi
23-08-2008, 01:28 PM
educated?

Anyways, calm down everyone lol

JaCe
23-08-2008, 08:47 PM
You would be able to get rally rego.. so u can drive to events and back and to workshops only...

Looks to be legit? would make a awesome track car :D

Cheers Dave.

Care to elaborate just out of interest? I thought rally rego required you to transport the car on a truck or something lols.

Everyone is a 'bro' on Singaporean forums :)

denot
23-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Its meant to be stripped for race use.

So they would of originally taken off the steering wheel, carpert, door and interior trims etc.

But maybe they just chucked on random bits to temp use to move it around who knows.

That is definately a manual gear box because you can see the shift linkages attached.

Steering wheel is different because they prob temp used one to move the car around, if you use the car for race use usually they change to a lighter and smaller wheel.

Steering wheel is covering the view of teh clutch pedal so u cant exactly confirm anything.

Pedals are definately the Type R ones.

Car definately has different engine you can tell from the IM, brakes look like they havent had any use at all.

CAr overall looks pretty legit to me, I dont think anyone would want to take the risk of doing it up to look like the real thing and sell it knowing people might complain.

Probably if you could give us prove then everyone will believe you chi... :thumbsup: But I do agree with you though, it seems sum1 sell out all of the CTR parts and then sell whats left on the car as a "special-track only" version. :p

EUR003act
23-08-2008, 09:27 PM
lots of things look sus

im pretty sure if he went thru the trouble of fitting brembos he wouldnt have skimped out on the red badge...

they probably swapped the typeR door panels onto another car... if its going to be for racing, those panels would be coming off anyway... :thumbsup:

and its definately manual... autos have wide brake pedal :)

Philip Lee
24-08-2008, 10:24 AM
....... it seems sum1 sell out all of the CTR parts and then sell whats left on the car as a "special-track only" version. :p

this is the real deal. Honda Japan released a special race use FD2R.

more detail here (http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/onemake/index.html) (japanese only).

basically it comes with all running gear except LSD, no trim, no seat (except crappy driver seat), no airbags etc.

this car comes out of factory like that. it is intended to be prepared by workshops to race at their One Make race series. nothing is striped or replaced. a roll cage, seats, steering wheels plus other race accessories like fire extingisher etc = race car.

in case you missed it....

SHIFTY
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Care to elaborate just out of interest? I thought rally rego required you to transport the car on a truck or something lols.

Rally rego allows you to drive non registered car that is for racing purposes to events and to workshop and road testing, as long as you call the rta and get permits... Call the RTA for more info.

x000
23-09-2008, 01:17 AM
i just think the aus's honda in here is suck~~never think of what the market really wants n needs just do what they want~~and never import good stuffs such of this FD2R into australia even the previous version or EK9