PDA

View Full Version : how many of u upgraded from CL9-CU2?

boleh
23-08-2008, 04:51 PM
what do you think are the major improvements? i havent driven the CU2 yet but from how it looks on the outside.. it's a mix of good and bad over the prevous one:

- indicator lights in side mirrors are smaller like the aurion's. CL9's stretches along the length of the mirror housing and visible from front and side
- tail lights are weird with round and square reverse lights combo
- headlights 'cut-out' no longer aligned with the grille.. hmm

- auto now slower - 9.5s vs 9.0s

sodaz
23-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I drove it about 2 weeks ago when I serviced my car. Here's what my impressions are:

-Car is physically much bigger than the CL9, almost Camry size
-Less body roll compared to CL9 but doesn't feel as sporty somehow
-Steering lacks feedback but is accurate with sharper turn in
-Very nice chunky steering wheel with too many buttons on it
-Nicer interior (looks very similar to the new Accord V6) but some parts feel cheap - e.g Base model seats and some hard, rough plastics
-Accelerates a bit slower than before but feels more torquey
-Less throttle lag than the CL9
-I personally don't like the look of the new grill (too many lines), tail lights and door handles

Type R Positive
24-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I sorta did.

I had CL9, then went Nissan and Toyota for a bit, and now Im back with CU2.
I could have got a runout CL9 for cheap, but I think the CU2 is that much better.

The improvements are the handling for sure. The low COG and susp. set up are heaps better. It just sits so flat, and very well planted. You can't help but give it to it in corners. The CL9 would just understeer bad, and spin the wheels.

I too like the mirror indicators on the CL9 better than CU2.

The engine is heaps better in CU2 as well, heaps of grunt.

If I thought the CL9 was the better car, I would have got myself one and saved quite a few grand.

kimnkk
24-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I sorta did.

I had CL9, then went Nissan and Toyota for a bit, and now Im back with CU2.
I could have got a runout CL9 for cheap, but I think the CU2 is that much better.

The improvements are the handling for sure. The low COG and susp. set up are heaps better. It just sits so flat, and very well planted. You can't help but give it to it in corners. The CL9 would just understeer bad, and spin the wheels.

I too like the mirror indicators on the CL9 better than CU2.

The engine is heaps better in CU2 as well, heaps of grunt.

If I thought the CL9 was the better car, I would have got myself one and saved quite a few grand.

Agreed.
Build quality is much nicer in the CU2 (i'd say best in its class) and the interior layout is simply great. I always thought interior design was one of the downer points in Japanese cars (but i still love them) but the CU2 certainly goes a long way to lifting that image, for me at least.

Steering feels a bit disconnected because of the electric assisted power steering. I also like the mirror indicators on the CL9 more, but that's no where near enough to make me prefer the CL9 over the CU2.

LXRY
24-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Not many as far as I know.

Trade in price for a cl9 ridiculous through the dealer..most would still be under warranty unless you have older model.

spare in lxry model not full alloy, dash buttons too small, steering wheel too small, auto model lacking power, smaller boot space, less room for rear passengers, stereo system not as good as CL9 (10 speaker a gimmick).

Only improvements are handling (suspension) the rest just cosmetic.

tritty
24-08-2008, 08:57 PM
spare in lxry model not full alloy, dash buttons too small, steering wheel too small, auto model lacking power, smaller boot space, less room for rear passengers, stereo system not as good as CL9 (10 speaker a gimmick).

Only improvements are handling (suspension) the rest just cosmetic.

have you even looked at a CU2?

I had a CL9 and now had the CU2 for a month............there is no comparison, and anyone who has driven one around the block and all of a sudden thinks they are a CU2 expert, whingeing about how its nowhere near as good as their CL9 is kidding themselves

Type R Positive
24-08-2008, 09:15 PM
spare in lxry model not full alloy,
Yeah... Full size in Base, and not Lux?

dash buttons too small,
Everything can be done by using the rotary button, and the steering wheel buttons. I would say that there is too many buttons.....

steering wheel too small,
I find it nice. I like the shape of it too, very comfortable indeed.

auto model lacking power,
Seemed very sedate in D mode. S mode was sooo much better.
Manual model kicks ass!!! :p

smaller boot space,
Just the height of the boot. I still fit all my luggage and crap in, so not an issue. The boot lid opening is bigger, so it is easier to put stuff in the boot. Astheticly, the base model CU2 boot looks poor due to full size spare. Small price to pay, my base CL9 had a space saver. I prefer full size spare any day, as I live in the country, and travel .

less room for rear passengers,
Not less room. Actually more room. The interior is wider. Seems like less room because it seems you can put the front seats back further. I used to drive with the seat fully back in the CL9, but not in the CU2. On a side note, I love the driving position in the CU2... AWESOME!
I am 6'2" @ 110kgs, I got no worries with a car load of my family (bigger than me).

stereo system not as good as CL9 (10 speaker a gimmick). Stereo is way better in CU2 than CL9. ;) Like everything, you just have to set it up in the settings. Subwoofer is under powered, but better than none at all. Center speaker makes all the difference. The stereo cranks loud, and crisp.

Type R Positive
24-08-2008, 09:16 PM

I had a CL9 and now had the CU2 for a month............there is no comparison, and anyone who has driven one around the block and all of a sudden thinks they are a CU2 expert, whingeing about how its nowhere near as good as their CL9 is kidding themselves
Thats harsh man, but true..........

VTECJimStar
24-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Not many as far as I know.

Trade in price for a cl9 ridiculous through the dealer..most would still be under warranty unless you have older model.

EXACTLY and that is my major gripe. I would buy the CU2 tomorrow if a dealer would give me a reasonable price for a trade. The prices they are talking are crap! It would be interesting to know how many CL9 owners are in the same position. They want me to believe that Hondas hold their value but this time my car is supppsed to have plummeted nearly 50% in 2 years with average mileage?? I dont think so.. and no i dont want to get into another buyer/dealer argument. The result last time just confirmed there is a degree of contempt on BOTH sides of the fence.. wonderful..

LXRY
25-08-2008, 12:03 AM

Lmao glad you like your car, you sound like a kid with a new toy....the question asked was how many upgraded to cu2. I made some valid points regardless of what you think. This is why i personally didn't upgrade to a cu2, it's the same car with refined suspension and a face lift.

I'll be honest i did just take it around the block, although it was a large block.
Wasn't impressed from word 'go' especially with the audio, seriously 10 speakers LMAO

rambohung
25-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I found the new TSX video, some of u may b interested. I like the new interior!
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-2032513392516315496&ei=6nqxSIHjLpSgrgP8m5TMDA&q=new+TSX&vt=lf&hl=en

aaronng
25-08-2008, 01:41 AM
EXACTLY and that is my major gripe. I would buy the CU2 tomorrow if a dealer would give me a reasonable price for a trade. The prices they are talking are crap! It would be interesting to know how many CL9 owners are in the same position. They want me to believe that Hondas hold their value but this time my car is supppsed to have plummeted nearly 50% in 2 years with average mileage?? I dont think so.. and no i dont want to get into another buyer/dealer argument. The result last time just confirmed there is a degree of contempt on BOTH sides of the fence.. wonderful..

I'm keeping my CL9 because the CU2 doesn't come with an LSD. :p

unity
25-08-2008, 02:35 AM

I only had one test drive of the new CU2 and really did not find that much of a difference that would justify upgrading to the latest model. Most of us live in capital cities and do heaps of stop/start driving. It's difficult to experience a cars true potential under these conditions.

Bobjones
25-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Puts hand up, Luxury CL9 to Luxury CU2!!! Greatest thing I have done, the CL9 was such a great car the CU2 is just that bit more!!!

tritty
25-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Puts hand up, Luxury CL9 to Luxury CU2!!! Greatest thing I have done, the CL9 was such a great car the CU2 is just that bit more!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself, exactly why i tore up my order for the CL9 navi after i saw the CU2 and had a decent test drive.

tron07
25-08-2008, 11:28 AM
wouldnt be bother with it... maybe will skip this generation of euro and aim for the next or jump to some german marque

Type R Positive
25-08-2008, 07:00 PM
wouldnt be bother with it... maybe will skip this generation of euro and aim for the next or jump to some german marqueTo be honest, if I still had my CL9, I don't think I would have got a CU2. It's like if I had a BA falcon, I wouldn't get a BF.....

But the price..... you can't beat a euro for the price. That's why I came back! ;) I really wanted a Liberty GT-B, or a Lexus IS250X, but those are twice the price of the CU2 I got.

LXRY
26-08-2008, 04:53 PM
wouldnt be bother with it... maybe will skip this generation of euro and aim for the next or jump to some german marque

Am thinking of buying a volvo as a second car, my old man has just recently bought a C30 T5, 2 door coupe (4 seater), 5 clylinder 2.5ltr turbo intercooled, sports suspension as standard, made for autobahn in germany, this car got balls...same motor used in focus top of the range but without the qualtiy stability control as volvo not to mention quality of build and safety features,I drive it all the time and am really impressed ;)

got vid(s) check it out (one in german though). Watch the way he throws this thing around the track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jBWEg09oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1IRprHK9mA

To be honest, if I still had my CL9, I don't think I would have got a CU2. It's like if I had a BA falcon, I wouldn't get a BF.....

But the price..... you can't beat a euro for the price. That's why I came back! ;) I really wanted a Liberty GT-B, or a Lexus IS250X, but those are twice the price of the CU2 I got.

My dealership told me price for a new CU2 was cheaper than my CL9 when I bought it in 2006, although I didn't buy it from this dealer so he was unaware of how much I payed for my euro, lxry, AT.

Price quoted for new LXRY AT CU2 ended up being more than I bought my CL9 :eek: Not to mention shit trade in price :thumbdwn:

Type R Positive
26-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Price quoted for new LXRY AT CU2 ended up being more than I bought my CL9 :eek: Not to mention shit trade in price :thumbdwn:
They not discounting car yet.... Next car shipment in Nov? Big wait now. So would like to see if people get better deals then.
Shit trade in price is expected when new model released.

SteveH
26-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I just ordered 09 Euro Luxury Navi manual for $44,500- on the road, discount of about $2,000- from the full price. Not sure if this is a good price or not at the moment, but my wife went to school with the salesperson, so I think it helped a little.

Now the 2 - 4 month wait for the car to be delivered.

LXRY
26-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I just ordered 09 Euro Luxury Navi manual for $44,500- on the road, discount of about $2,000- from the full price. Not sure if this is a good price or not at the moment, but my wife went to school with the salesperson, so I think it helped a little.

Now the 2 - 4 month wait for the car to be delivered.

hehe...congratulations ;)

LXRY
26-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Someone needs to post a "How much did you pay" thread for the CU2, if not already done

aaronng
26-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Am thinking of buying a volvo as a second car, my old man has just recently bought a C30 T5, 2 door coupe (4 seater), 5 clylinder 2.5ltr turbo intercooled, sports suspension as standard, made for autobahn in germany, this car got balls...same motor used in focus top of the range but without the qualtiy stability control as volvo not to mention quality of build and safety features,I drive it all the time and am really impressed ;)

got vid(s) check it out (one in german though). Watch the way he throws this thing around the track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jBWEg09oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1IRprHK9mA

In the US, the C30 T5 is cheaper than the TSX. Over here, it is the opposite! :thumbdwn:

Euro08Jaz
26-08-2008, 09:39 PM

i agree

boleh
27-08-2008, 11:59 AM
In the US, the C30 T5 is cheaper than the TSX. Over here, it is the opposite! :thumbdwn:

Because Accord Euro is cheaper than TSX?

aaronng
27-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Because Accord Euro is cheaper than TSX?

Nope.... Roughly the same price. TSX RRP with sat nav was US$32,060. Equivalent is the 2006 Euro Lux with Sat Nav, which was AU$45,500 for the auto.

Type R Positive
27-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Nope.... Roughly the same price. TSX RRP with sat nav was US$32,060. Equivalent is the 2006 Euro Lux with Sat Nav, which was AU$45,500 for the auto.
Judging by that, were still ~$5k - $10k over charged.....
TSX seems to be even higher spec than our Lux too?

LXRY
27-08-2008, 05:35 PM

yeah I know, it's a shame.

Thats prob why there are not that many on the road around the $42,000 mark if not more....

aaronng
27-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Judging by that, were still ~$5k - $10k over charged.....
TSX seems to be even higher spec than our Lux too?

In the 1st gen, TSX had bluetooth, memory seats and slightly more power over the Euro. But now the 2nd gen Euro has all the same features as the 2nd gen TSX.

Type R Positive
27-08-2008, 06:49 PM
In the 1st gen, TSX had bluetooth, memory seats and slightly more power over the Euro. But now the 2nd gen Euro has all the same features as the 2nd gen TSX.
I like their metallic black panels, and how their cream interior matches their parcel tray lols!
They still get XM and BT, but I think it is extra package (with our stock sound system :)).
I wouldn't mind XM. :thumbsup:
BT I can live with out. The BT in my prado lets me take calls on the move, but not make them. Honda's BT is $500 extra.

aaronng
27-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I like their metallic black panels, and how their cream interior matches their parcel tray lols!
They still get XM and BT, but I think it is extra package (with our stock sound system :)).
I wouldn't mind XM. :thumbsup:
BT I can live with out. The BT in my prado lets me take calls on the move, but not make them. Honda's BT is $500 extra.

XM requires a subscription fee. I'll skip that. Does XM work here in Australia anyway?!?!

Type R Positive
27-08-2008, 07:10 PM
XM requires a subscription fee. I'll skip that. Does XM work here in Australia anyway?!?!
US$13p/m? for add free music. And no, it doesn't work here.
I think we won't ever get it here, seems they (sirrus) are making huge losses in the USA with it.

I will just have to stick to ipod and ripped cd's.

aaronng
27-08-2008, 07:52 PM
US$13p/m? for add free music. And no, it doesn't work here.
I think we won't ever get it here, seems they (sirrus) are making huge losses in the USA with it.

I will just have to stick to ipod and ripped cd's.
Then it is not really an advantage. I don't listen to radio for music anyway. I listen for the morning show, wrong way home and even 2GB AM radio. hahaha

snYpz
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I have got to say, seeing the car in the flesh is totally different to the pictures/photos. The photos just dont do the car justice.
The car looks really nice, and with a few decent mods such as mugen grille (if that is released hopefully), rims and suspension, the car would be a very complete package.

After so much time and effort spent on the cl9, i cant see myself trading it in for the new car. Interior wise, i still prefer the cl9. The cu2 looks too civic-ish for my liking.

d0p3y
07-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I have got to say, seeing the car in the flesh is totally different to the pictures/photos. The photos just dont do the car justice.
The car looks really nice, and with a few decent mods such as mugen grille (if that is released hopefully), rims and suspension, the car would be a very complete package.

After so much time and effort spent on the cl9, i cant see myself trading it in for the new car. Interior wise, i still prefer the cl9. The cu2 looks too civic-ish for my liking.

I concur the pictures don't do it justice. Additionally, I feel Honda Australia has let us down with a very crappy selection of exterior and interior colour selections. I especially would have loved the option for the beige interior that the overseas models get, and the exterior colours are quite bland.

I ponder if they're saving the good stuff for it's mid-life update, but I don't think I can wait that long to find out.

I'm waiting patiently and painfully until Honda is a little more willing to negotiate on price before purchasing. Since it's so new they aren't desperate to shift them yet, and I'm not desperate to buy, so it's a Mexican stand-off waiting for them to budge and meet my price.

With regards to CL9 vs CU2 upgrade, My father had a late 05 CL9 until recently and I feel that comparing the characteristics of both, CU2 is a massive improvement mechanically and an excellent package for the price. The styling could be better, but I'll admit - pictures don't do it any justice what so ever.

hotout
07-09-2008, 07:39 AM

people rarely pay RRP in the states, I suppose like here too, but I suspect fewer people pay RRP there than here.

hotout
07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
only bad thing about the CU2 is the rear, looks too simple, just like how BMW stuffed the previous 3 models rear light cluster..

Honda really needed a more aggressive rear CU2.

Suntzu
07-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Im still modding my CL9. Ill consider the diesel when it comes. Trade in are a joke but that life and GST. The auto is way too slow now and the wheels testing found the rolling response times to be well behind the new mazda 6. Ill sit this one out for now.

sodaz
07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Im still modding my CL9. Ill consider the diesel when it comes. Trade in are a joke but that life and GST. The auto is way too slow now and the wheels testing found the rolling response times to be well behind the new mazda 6. Ill sit this one out for now.

Yeah apparently the new Euro is only on par with the Mazda 6 to 100km/h despite having more power and torque. In rolling acceleration tests it absolutely gets killed. I guess it has to do with gaining over 100kg in weight compared to the CL9 (now over 1600kg). The Mazda 6, despite being physically larger, is still in the 1400ish kg range.

snYpz
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow thats a suprise. I wouldve thought the euro wouldve been faster :(... although it doesnt help with the extra weight its put on.

Looks wise, i think the CU2 looks much classier and elegant compared to the mazda. The mazda has a nice exterior, but its the kind of look that wont be appreciated as much in a few years time.

aaronng
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
people rarely pay RRP in the states, I suppose like here too, but I suspect fewer people pay RRP there than here.
Ppl in the US tend to pay below RRP, while over here in Oz, we pay RRP + onroads, which is even worse!

rusty
08-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Ppl in the US tend to pay below RRP, while over here in Oz, we pay RRP + onroads, which is even worse!

Agree. We get screwed too much here. We should be able to get below RRP as driveaway price.
I believe RRP is just a starting point for negotiation. Dealer doesn't have to sell at RRP. They can sell for less if they want.

rusty
08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
only bad thing about the CU2 is the rear, looks too simple, just like how BMW stuffed the previous 3 models rear light cluster..

Honda really needed a more aggressive rear CU2.

I think the front grille looks bad. The rear is still acceptable IMO.
But the weight gain is just too much :thumbdwn:

Crapdaz
08-09-2008, 12:39 PM
the whole car is too big in general, it's lost it's sleekness like the CL9.

it is too chunky and looks more like a plain standard Accord.
Too bad it's not faster than the Mazda 6 but the newly designed mazda looks tragic.

No offense. My 2c.

Type R Positive
08-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Too bad it's not faster than the Mazda 6 but the newly designed mazda looks tragic.
I parked beside a new mazda sedan a while ago, the owner was eyeing off my CU2. He even said his car looked shite in comparison...

As for faster or slower, is that for manual or auto? Or both?
CU2 man is supposed to be quicker than CL9 man.

SteveH
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I have seen figures quoted for the CU2 auto of 9.5 seconds for 0 - 100, which seems a bit slow. I have driven both the Mazda6 and Euro manuals and they felt fairly comparable to me.

aaronng
08-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I have seen figures quoted for the CU2 auto of 9.5 seconds for 0 - 100, which seems a bit slow. I have driven both the Mazda6 and Euro manuals and they felt fairly comparable to me.

Can you tell a difference between 0.2 seconds in a 0-100km/h test using your butt though? I reckon we need to get some racing done at Heathcote or WSID. :p

boleh
08-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Was at a honda dealer along nepean accompanying my bro in law testing a CRV, which he ended buying..

Quickly asked for a driveaway price for Lux Sat Nav Auto = $48,880. Nice figure but not a nice price for those who understand.

As for the trade in of my '06 Std Auto = A$20,000.. bl******

sodaz
08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
IMO, if the CU2 Auto is slower than the CL9 Auto then the manual will most likely be the same. The CL9 auto Euro did 0-100km/h in 9.0 seconds and with the CU2 it's 9.5 seconds. I'm guessing the new manual Euro will do it in around 8 seconds or so. A mere 7kw extra at the crank will not compensate for gaining 100+kg.

Type R Positive
08-09-2008, 07:46 PM
IMO, if the CU2 Auto is slower than the CL9 Auto then the manual will most likely be the same. The CL9 auto Euro did 0-100km/h in 9.0 seconds and with the CU2 it's 9.5 seconds. I'm guessing the new manual Euro will do it in around 8 seconds or so. A mere 7kw extra at the crank will not compensate for gaining 100+kg.
Shorter gearing and heap of torque easily account for the weight gain.

as001
09-09-2008, 01:12 AM
imo if u got a cl9 in it ain't worth the upgrade just yet the revised cu2 will be the pick later on, if u have a cu2 already congratulations its a better car then the cl9 obviously but not by that much the weight gain is retarded the cl9 was already heavy, if n when the diesel (in manual) model comes that will be power plant of choice torque n range rise.

Euro08Jaz
09-09-2008, 04:08 AM
as far as engine revisement is concerned its not a huge change, but as far as build and features are concerned the cu2 is a fantastic car, i mean seriously they dont make updated cars crapper.

SteveH
09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I went for the CU2, my first Honda, as it is bigger than the CL9. (It is going to be a family car after all) The CU2 also has all of the features I would like, although the diesel engine would have been nice.

On a side note, has anyone seen aftermarket grilles for the CU2 as yet? Honda quoted me $812.70! :eek:

snYpz
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
^ I dont think there are any aftermarket grilles yet.

You think the CU2 grilles are bad, wait till you have a look at the TSx grille, that is absolutely horrendous!

I would imagain Mugen would be making one...fingers x!

aleksandrov
09-09-2008, 01:20 PM

The manual has a little more torque than the auto - 234Nm@4300rpm v 230Nm@4200rpm. I wonder how much difference that could make.

LXRY
09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm guessing the new manual Euro will do it in around 8 seconds or so.......

realistic 9-9.5 secs. :)

8 secs without spare, rear seat, front passenger seat and small & light prick like me driving :)

Crapdaz
09-09-2008, 09:28 PM
realistic 9-9.5 secs. :)

8 secs without spare, rear seat, front passenger seat and small & light prick like me driving :)

get tha pr*ck out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: heheheh j/k

just finished dinner and my gf saw the CU2 parked infront of her CL9 and we had a look and she said it looks more sophisticated but not sporty.

snYpz
09-09-2008, 11:22 PM
^ yeah but that is exactly what the euro was designed to be.
...that is, sophisticated with a touch of sport. It was never meant to be a sports car :( ... as much as most of us dreamers wouldve liked.

boleh
10-09-2008, 08:44 AM
If CU2 midlife upgrade includes 6-spd auto then it's really tempting.. low 8's maybe?

Which Honda model currently has 6-spd auto? any at all?

Crapdaz
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
^ yeah but that is exactly what the euro was designed to be.
...that is, sophisticated with a touch of sport. It was never meant to be a sports car :( ... as much as most of us dreamers wouldve liked.
so i still state IMO that the CL9 looks better.

d0p3y
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Any more news on when/if the diesel is coming to our shores? I've heard nothing from reputable sources. I have read "mid 2009" but that's about it?
I especially wonder how pricing will be. I'd be interested in a diesel manual in luxury navigation spec.. but I hope it's not too far away? :\

One thing I was hoping that might come with the introduction of the diesel is new interior colours, or at least no more cream parcel shelf on black interior models...

Anyway, diesel economy would work nicely for me as I drive mainly in a city environment, always stopping and starting, the extra torque would be excellent. If the initial outlay for the car isn't much different to the petrol versions then there would be financial gains to be had from the diesel economy, especially considering the price difference between diesel and the premium unleaded the petrol models run on isn't all that much.

Chris84
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I have an 06 Lux 6MT and navigation. Heading out this afternoon to drive a new CU2 Manual Lux and get a trade in price on a new Luxury Navi Manual. Will report back with prices when I get back.

SteveH
09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I have an 06 Lux 6MT and navigation. Heading out this afternoon to drive a new CU2 Manual Lux and get a trade in price on a new Luxury Navi Manual. Will report back with prices when I get back.

One thing to keep in mind if you are after a CU2 Navi in manual, is that it will be at least a three month wait for one, as they are a special order apparently. (I am speaking from experience here)

I would be interested if your dealer is able to source you one quicker though.

VTECJimStar
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

I will be very interested to hear of your experience and the trade in offered even if you have to PM me. I have the Auto version of the 06 sat nav and the trade in price they 'offered' was ridiculously LOW.
The price of the new cars are bound now to go higher with the economic probs and the falling dollar.

MiSloVic
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
honda australia was waiting for the auto diesel. That was recently launched, so the diesel euro is probably on its way. Like most, i've an 06 sports, personally, the cu9 is not worth the 20k price difference. It is good, but not that good and not that much difference to justify my 20k. The midlife update might change my opinion.

Chris84
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
The change over price didn't really come in close to what I had in mind, however they were willing to negotiate and it was only a starting point. I didn't try and bargain on the spot as I had to get back to work and I am not so sure the CU2 is worth the 20-25K or so to upgrade.

Sure, the car was great to drive, and the improvements in the suspension were noticable straight away. I too feel as though the engine was stronger in its mid range, if a bit less willing to rev than the CL9 (however the car had very low kms). The shift action was nice, clutch very light and the interior design is slowly growing on me. I also thought the new stereo is an improvement as well. The car as a whole feels much bigger.

I am at a loss as to if I should persue a deal, or hold on to my current car and fix the few things that need doing...............decisions decisions....

tony1234
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
The change over price didn't really come in close to what I had in mind, however they were willing to negotiate and it was only a starting point. I didn't try and bargain on the spot as I had to get back to work and I am not so sure the CU2 is worth the 20-25K or so to upgrade.

Sure, the car was great to drive, and the improvements in the suspension were noticable straight away. I too feel as though the engine was stronger in its mid range, if a bit less willing to rev than the CL9 (however the car had very low kms). The shift action was nice, clutch very light and the interior design is slowly growing on me. I also thought the new stereo is an improvement as well. The car as a whole feels much bigger.

I am at a loss as to if I should persue a deal, or hold on to my current car and fix the few things that need doing...............decisions decisions....
Hang onto your car and buy the series 2 CU2 in a couple of years.

tron07
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
you got a 06 and if you got the car new and got no problem with it, skip the whole generation....

sodaz
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM
so i still state IMO that the CL9 looks better.

The CL9 looks much better to me too, esp with the Euro R body kit. The CU2 just looks too big with too many grill lines. The curves just don't flow that well. The interior in the CU2 is an improvement though despite the lower grade plastics.

PNR888
13-10-2008, 11:12 PM
If I have to change a car tomorrow, new Euro will be my choice.
I havn't test drive it yet, but I surely studied the brochure and viewed the car in flesh.

Here are some things I think CU2 can improve at upgrade, perhaps 2009 models.
- larger/longer indicator lights on mirrors (4 LED in each of CL9's)
- should have tail-light 2 bulbs in each side. (like in CL9, more visible in distance or bad weather condition)
- Need Chrome interior door openning lever. grey plastic levers look and feel cheaper.
- CL9's large round air con temp control dail is more user friendly than CU2's small up n down control lever. You can make big temp. change in one turn action rather than push up or down several times. ( I dont expect Honda to change this at facelift, perhaps next generation)
- Rear parcel shelf colour mismatch. window tint make it less obvious from outside, but black shelf will definitely a better colour match.
- Introduction of Shift Indicator Lights for 6MT to Aust will be a nice touch from Honda.

I hope Honda Australia wont jack up the price for new Accord Euro due to weaker Aussie dollar, because I havn't bought mine CU2 yet.

JAC
14-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I like wide body car, so I prefer CU2 exterior.
CL9 is looks soft now, however from the first impression I prefer driving CL9 than CU2 when took the car (auto) for spin. But that's my only first impression. If I have to choose, CU2 is the one, I am sure I won't be dissapointed.

Is the gear shift indicator for manual works well in CU2? In Honda insight manual, I hardly seen "shift down" indicator eventhough we feel/know the car desperately needs lower gear, sometime it even give the shift up indicator too early while climbing hill.

Not sure if anyone notice, some doors in CU2 has different built quality???

I checked in 1 showroom in Melbourne in July 08 and all their 4 doors are lighter than CL9 and did not shut properly if you don't slam it.
I had a chance to check at 1 honda dealer in country NSW last month and their CU2 doors now back to CL9 quality that I prefer. I am not sure if Honda Austalia changed their quality???