PDA

View Full Version : Replacing park light

interfooler
24-08-2008, 03:03 AM
hi all, has anyone replaced the park lights on a CD5 accord before? I was having trouble getting the cover out. The manual says i need to slide the cover forward after removing the screws but the cover wouldnt even bulge. Any help would be appreciated.

FAT VTI
24-08-2008, 08:28 PM
theres two screws. one on top, one on the side. very hard to access it most ppl just snap it accidently. its got more holding it in then the fkn headlight.
so there are 2 screws and 4( i think) push in metal peices, so after removing the 2 screws, pull it forward.
you'll prob snap something but dont worry thats prob why they have so many friggen things holding it.

interfooler
27-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I can't seem to find the second screw. Can you roughly tell me where to look please?

FAT VTI
27-09-2008, 09:38 PM
one on the top (guessing u found it).
And im pretty sure there is another which is on the side of your car. The best way to access it, is to take out the 1 screw which holds your front bumper to your side fender, and move it off its support (peice of plastic which holds it up) and then get the screw out.

So its rough position, is sort of on the side of ur car. (mine is broken off coz it's a bullshit thing to get to everytime u wanna take it off.

Spoon-Accord
30-09-2008, 10:12 AM
theres only 1 screw, and theres this thing that holds it in, i'll take a picture of a side marker and show you

Feverpitched
30-09-2008, 11:59 AM
There's only one screw on top. You then have to pop out the housing using a screwdriver. You might have to lever it out with a screwdriver so remember to put a rag against any bodywork to protect it. It should pop out after three or so swear words.

interfooler
01-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah some pics would be good. I still could not get it out after a dozens or so swearwords. lol

Feverpitched
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
It is just one screw at the top. Remove that, put some rags in place to protect the lights and the body work, and use a big screwdriver to lever it out. I used the actual housing of the light as a levering point - don't use the flimsy little arm. It comes out - use some muscle.

xcwizit
01-01-2009, 09:52 AM
hey guys find this thread and have been trying to use lever out out wat was mentioned above but i need pictures please if anyone could be kind enough to show me. 1 screw is off now the whole parker housing is a 8!+cH to take out!

EDIT: with help from this thread, parkers have been changed!

FAT VTI
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
hey guys find this thread and have been trying to use lever out out wat was mentioned above but i need pictures please if anyone could be kind enough to show me. 1 screw is off now the whole parker housing is a 8!+cH to take out!

EDIT: with help from this thread, parkers have been changed!

I dont have pictures, but it has to come out STRAIGHT.

the clip things can be described as like a bolt, which is pushed into a hole (only way i can describe it). you have to pull it out straight, which may be giving you some grief. Try to lever it from the top, bottom, sides and watever else you can, but it is basically needing to come out straight.

xcwizit
04-01-2009, 04:44 PM
this might be off topic abit, but the front bumper indicators, can the clear ones from a 94-95 accord fit in the 96 CD5 ? coz mine are the amber ones and i dont like that look!

MRH-22A
04-01-2009, 07:11 PM
this might be off topic abit, but the front bumper indicators, can the clear ones from a 94-95 accord fit in the 96 CD5 ? coz mine are the amber ones and i dont like that look!

nope...

FAT VTI
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM

The 94/95 bumper indicators are smaller than the 96/97 indicators.
You can however, buy clear 96/97 accord bumper lights as I have them on my 94/95 accord ( I changed my front bumper). Ebay is the best way to go for this I'd say.

xcwizit
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
they look like they wil fit. oh well... thanks fat vti

FAT VTI
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
they look like they wil fit. oh well... thanks fat vti

Nah mate, 94/95 are shorter than the 96/97 BUMPER lights.