PDA

View Full Version : buying CL9

i1y2a3
24-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi there!
I am going to buy a 2006 Euro Lux.
1. I heard that Honda's paint was soft. Should I order a paint protection (1300 bucs extra)?
2. How does alarm work? Is there a remote for it?
3. Accord Euro brochure states that the car is equipped with a full size alloy spare. Is that correct?
4. Suspension is too stiff. I felt every dent on the road when doing a test drive. Is that a faulty car or an intrinsic feature of CL9? The car is still on 3-year warrantee. Can Honda fix it?
Any hints, thanks.

aaronng
24-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi there!
1. I heard that Honda's paint was soft. Should I order a paint protection (1300 bucs extra)?
Paint protection does not make the paint any harder. So no. Save your $1300 and get paint protection from the same shop that the dealer uses for under $500.

It makes a sound when the door is opened when the alarm is armed. Very basic system and does not come in if you smash the window. Remote is built into the key. You can even use the physical key to disarm the alarm, which is poor.

3. Accord Euro brochure states that the car is equipped with a full size alloy spare. Is that correct?
Yes for 2006-2008.

4. Suspension is too stiff. I felt every dent on the road when doing a test drive. Is that a faulty car or an intrinsic feature of CL9? The car is still on 3-year warrantee. Can Honda fix it?
Any hints, thanks.
Check the tyre pressure. You might have poor roads. No, Honda cannot fix it if the suspension is stock and everything is in working order.

i1y2a3
24-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Thank you, Aaronng.

The car key had three buttons only: lock, unlock and boot opener. There was no alarm button in it.

aaronng
24-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you, Aaronng.

The car key had three buttons only: lock, unlock and boot opener. There was no alarm button in it.

The lock and unlock buttons arm and disarm the alarm. There is no separate panic button. I recommend you get an aftermarket alarm system as well.

i1y2a3
24-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank you. Will do.

LXRY
24-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi there!
Any hints, thanks.

Do your homework on common faults of the euro and then you know what to look for in the car you purchase ;)

unity
25-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Hi there!
Any hints, thanks.

My Euro feels everything on the road. Some roads (new roads) are nice and smooth which gives a comfortable ride but otherwise you will feel everything. Even if you set your tyres to the recommended pressures 32/30 you would still feel the road

tony1234
25-08-2008, 05:57 PM
My Euro feels everything on the road. Some roads (new roads) are nice and smooth which gives a comfortable ride but otherwise you will feel everything. Even if you set your tyres to the recommended pressures 32/30 you would still feel the road
I like that feeling.Yes it's a trait of the Euro,same as some tramlining.

unity
25-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I like that feeling.Yes it's a trait of the Euro,same as some tramlining.

It's not the feeling I was expecting when I purchased the Euro but over time I think you just get used to it and its not an issue, unless you are ultra sensitive to the ups and downs that it gives you headaches or something along those lines. I just wish acceleration was a bit smoother and more responsive.

Crapdaz
25-08-2008, 07:43 PM
hmmmm cold air intake (to smoothen out) and headers/extractors for acceleration mate!

i think i get bad tramlining on mine.
need to get it realigned again.

unity
25-08-2008, 08:28 PM
hmmmm cold air intake (to smoothen out) and headers/extractors for acceleration mate!

i think i get bad tramlining on mine.
need to get it realigned again.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just a little worried that if I make even little modifications Honda will find an escape clause to void the warranty which still has 4 years and 9 months left.
How much would it cost to do those modifications and who do you recommend should do them?

MangChi
26-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm just a little worried that if I make even little modifications Honda will find an escape clause to void the warranty which still has 4 years and 9 months left.
How much would it cost to do those modifications and who do you recommend should do them?

a cold air intake can set u back brand new about 300-500 depending on which brand. I've seen injen for around 450 from the traders and thats pretty popular amongst other euro owners. I tried sourcing out a K&N one for the euro got quoted 480 from autobarn, but they are always a rip off. Try ebay for the intake if you are comfortable with dealing with ebay. They generally have better prices.
Theres DIYs on the forums on how to install the intakes, so shouldn't be too hard.

unity
26-08-2008, 06:27 PM
a cold air intake can set u back brand new about 300-500 depending on which brand. I've seen injen for around 450 from the traders and thats pretty popular amongst other euro owners. I tried sourcing out a K&N one for the euro got quoted 480 from autobarn, but they are always a rip off. Try ebay for the intake if you are comfortable with dealing with ebay. They generally have better prices.
Theres DIYs on the forums on how to install the intakes, so shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks so much for that info. I am clumsy and not a fix-it type person. I would never make any modification to my car myself. I work under Murphy's Law: If it can go wrong, it will go wrong

snajper
27-08-2008, 09:42 PM
When I was buying my Honda I test drove the Lux model. Way too stiff with 17". Euro Standard with 16" was acceptable over bumps.