PDA

View Full Version : respraying boot

nugget666
24-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I need to get my boot resprayed. I got a quote for 600$ and thats to strip it back to bare metal then repaint. He also said would need to spray the rear quater panels to blend into the boot. Is this how normal spray shops do it? I dont have much knowledge on getting things sprayed. If it is normal wouldnt the paint look a diffrent colour on my doors to the quater panels if they have to match it in :s.

xtat1k
24-08-2008, 08:14 PM
go ask for quotes. nobody can really give you prices here.

nugget666
24-08-2008, 08:21 PM
go ask for quotes. nobody can really give you prices here.

I am not asking for a price, im asking if it should be just the boot or they normaly " blend in panels "

baeshin
24-08-2008, 08:47 PM
600 sounds to much anyway, and why the need to strip down to bare metal

finalazy
24-08-2008, 08:52 PM
just the boot lid or what? it does sound a bit expensive

colour won't match 100% but rear quarter panels aren't connected to the boot so you wouldnt need to blend it because if you put it that way then you would need to respray the whole car?

simonnowis
25-08-2008, 11:33 AM
i was told the same thing that the panels need to be sprayed to match, if u just spray the boot alone it will really stand out. but $600 is alot, get quote elsewhere, is the paint cracked and damaged? why do they need to strip to bare metal?

nugget666
25-08-2008, 05:06 PM
i was told the same thing that the panels need to be sprayed to match, if u just spray the boot alone it will really stand out. but $600 is alot, get quote elsewhere, is the paint cracked and damaged? why do they need to strip to bare metal?

boot has been repsrayed before for some reason " i have no idea why it would be sprayed" said the previous owner. but it has been resprayed with a dodgey prep job has gone all scratchy looking forgot what panel beater called it cressing or somthing like that. yeah im getting more quotes tomorrow this was the one i got my lips sprayed at, was the cheapest last time so i went there first.

blazin206
26-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I got my spoiler taken off my EM1 and holes welded, then boot resprayed only cost meh $250

Jamesnic
27-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I got my spoiler taken off my EM1 and holes welded, then boot resprayed only cost meh $250

not to jack the thread, but i wanna do this to my EM1, did it come up well? i havent heard of anyone getting it done that cheap, i did a search and alot of pple got quoted 600 buks for this kind of a job, ill hopefully have some time soon to get some quotes, if i can find someone for 250-350 then ill be a happy man :)