PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the extra $$ to go to a VTI-s over a VTI

Catcha
28-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I got quoted $23500 for a VTI manual including on roads and about 26g for the VTI-S..... just wondering if it's worth the 2g or so for bodykit and mags ???? was about to sign for a civic gli for $24990 but did not look like a real saving of only $1650 when I worked it out

Any Advice is welcome

Geoffy
28-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Where you gettin it from???
I got a really good deal on my VTi-S and it was worth every dollar...

I paid $24,650 for 2004 VTi-S manual with Sports Grille, Alarm, Floor Matts and Tinted Windows... Plus full tank of fuel and 1 yr rego :D

I got this at the Parra dealer

Geoffy
28-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Mine also included on road cost and dealer delivery charges hehehe forgot to mention hahaha

petrovski
28-09-2004, 07:26 PM
IMO depends :confused: .

however when i got my vtis i didnt look ahead enought into mods as the jazz was only out for a couple of months when i got mine.

the body kit is a body kit and i personally like the look of both the vtis and vti and it comes down to personal preference on that.

with the wheels however if you dont plan on getting a new set of rims then i would get the vtis. If you are goin to change the wheels i suggest a vti. Reason being the vtis comes with wider wheels at the back i think from memory and better tyres.

Pete :)

Tofu
28-09-2004, 07:42 PM
are there any other differences? like interior differences between the two?

spoon fit
28-09-2004, 07:45 PM

the same...

Geoffy
28-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Leather steering wheel... and I think it's black interior instead of grey

spoon fit
28-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Leather steering wheel... and I think it's black interior instead of grey

vti and vtis both r black interior

Catcha
29-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Where you gettin it from???
I got a really good deal on my VTi-S and it was worth every dollar...

I paid $24,650 for 2004 VTi-S manual with Sports Grille, Alarm, Floor Matts and Tinted Windows... Plus full tank of fuel and 1 yr rego :D

I got this at the Parra dealer

I'm getting this in Darwin dealership, so fingers crossed that i get a good deal, decided to go the VTI for a no frills package and later on if i get the urge to whack a kit and mags well, its there for the taking. but if there can be a good deal on the VTI-S might go that extra

Thanks

wyl03
29-09-2004, 10:58 AM
....Reason being the vtis comes with wider wheels at the back i think from memory and better tyres.

AFAIK both F/R are 185/55 R15.
and you are right, they are good tyres - B'stone RE040 <- used for the JDM Civic Type R.

dark138
29-09-2004, 11:58 AM
i reckon i got a good deal for my jazz
2004 model black vti

factory tinting
weather shield
honda factory red seat cover
rear to spoiler

altogether ($22730)

petrovski
29-09-2004, 01:14 PM
my car came with bridgestone g3's when i got it and they're awesome!

i swear the vti and vtis had different width wheels at one end, ill look at up! :confused: i swear at the time i bought my car it was different

wyl03
29-09-2004, 02:31 PM
my car came with bridgestone g3's when i got it and they're awesome!

er, why is that? (G3s and not RE040?)

the G3s are pretty good. they have the "lip" that protects the rim.

i had the G2s on my old car. lasted well over 40000 kms :thumbsup:

petrovski
29-09-2004, 03:56 PM
these cam with the car:

Bridgestone potenza G3's (http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/products/car/treads/gIII.asp)

Jus-10
29-09-2004, 03:58 PM
IMO it all comes down to what you like....

Me, I prefer the subtle lines of the VTi dumped on it's arse as opposed to the somewhat standout-ish kit of the VTi-S. That said I still don't mind the VTi-S at all, but to me it's just extra money that can be spent on other mods....

I'm not a fan of the leather steering wheel either. I find with the leather that Honda uses it tends to go really shiny. I just think he VTi steering wheel suits the interior better.

Tony
29-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm not a fan of the leather steering wheel either. I find with the leather that Honda uses it tends to go really shiny. I just think he VTi steering wheel suits the interior better.

I don't think there's a problem with the honda steering wheel, it all depends on how you treat the leather. :)

kimbi
29-09-2004, 05:12 PM
also the vtis comes with fog lights :)

my dealer i was going to get the jazz from but decided to save some money first just contacted me on monday telling me the brand new jazz is out in a couple of weeks!!!! exciting!! =)

petrovski
29-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I have no idea why they came with G3's :confused: :D

The different wheel sizes between the Vti and Vti-s from honda:

Vti (http://www.honda.com.au/jazz/vti/specifications/dimensions.htm)

Vti-s (http://www.honda.com.au/jazz/vti-s/specifications/dimensions.htm)

spoon fit
29-09-2004, 09:09 PM
IMO it all comes down to what you like....

Me, I prefer the subtle lines of the VTi dumped on it's arse as opposed to the somewhat standout-ish kit of the VTi-S. That said I still don't mind the VTi-S at all, but to me it's just extra money that can be spent on other mods....

i want leather steering wheel~!!!!!!

Catcha
30-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Decided to get the VTI-S opposed to if I was getting the VTI i would add rims and stuff, which my wife does not want me to do, after seeing the amount of money I poured into my WRX. I be content with this car for a fews years and then get into the Euro Scene

Jus-10
30-09-2004, 03:32 PM
It's a good choice if you're not looking to spend money on it....

Then you can save up for your euro car....that's when you need the big $$$

Catcha
30-09-2004, 05:54 PM
It's a good choice if you're not looking to spend money on it....

Then you can save up for your euro car....that's when you need the big $$$

Got it all sussed out..when it's time he reckons he could do me one for 35900 driveaway for the base euro accord.

;)

MRFIT
30-09-2004, 11:39 PM
I changed the wheels on my VTiS....... 15 x 7...... too wide...

TypeG
01-10-2004, 01:11 AM
lol
i choose Jazz over Enro and i spend all the money left over for my jazz since euro is just way too family car style and not as much mod for it.
also leather steeling wheel burn my hand when i drive my TypeR in summer . LoL

TypeG
01-10-2004, 01:12 AM
15X7 too wide?
lol
i even use 205/55 tyres and i dun feel wide and it looks good

Catcha
01-10-2004, 01:56 AM
lol
i choose Jazz over Enro and i spend all the money left over for my jazz since euro is just way too family car style and not as much mod for it.
also leather steeling wheel burn my hand when i drive my TypeR in summer . LoL

If i had the cash like you i would have stuck with the Euro the amount of money you have to spend to get it go as fast as you Euro you migh as well by one from the start, it's like putting a turbo in a lancer why bother use that as a deposit and get a turbo car from factory.....but eveyone is different and i respect that :D

Jus-10
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Oh you mean Euro Accord.....I thought you meant along the lines of a BMW or Benzo....the true 'euros'.

The Accord Euro is much better value than the BMW or Merc anyway!

Catcha
03-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Oh you mean Euro Accord.....I thought you meant along the lines of a BMW or Benzo....the true 'euros'.

The Accord Euro is much better value than the BMW or Merc anyway!

The Accord Euro is probably the best honda i have seen them make......... ;)