PDA

View Full Version : EK1 owner

BNK
25-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey all, new to the forums and comes from a family of Honda users (dad: CR-V sport and bro: Accord). Personally drive 99 EK1 sedan civic, lil reliable and beautiful car with enkei wheels and muffler.

Hope to learn lot of things and maybe do more mods:wave:

beeza
25-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome mate!
Car sounds nice,got any pics?

Frankie
25-08-2008, 06:33 PM
yeh show us some pics,, us 3 got the same engine

MikeyG
25-08-2008, 06:46 PM
welcome dude,

for ur mods go for b16b :D EK9 BABY

DO IT 4DLULZZZZZ

BNK
26-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Will post pics later, but yeh I dunno if i can be bothered 2 work and save sum $$$ and swap to the b16 (although it is probably the best mode i can do to a gli?).

Anyway other than that you guys think it's worth it 2 mod up my EK1 without engine swap ? Was looking at CAI, swaybars, strut braces, little looks mode (gear knob, brembo brake calipers, etc.); but im till trying to keep the looks simple though (prefer it than super-riced look):D

2MPRSS
26-08-2008, 05:14 PM
dump it on its ass, if ur planing of keeping the car for a long time do a b series conversion

MikeyG
26-08-2008, 05:49 PM
waht colour is ur car?
For interior mods everyone will agree with me get a decent pair of recaros+ rear ek9 seats with ek9 rails or vision low rails. then ek9 shift boot + ek9 gear knob or shunk2 gearknob, ek9 carpet + ek9 floor matts + ek9 cluster if u want to ( but the revs dont match since ur one cuts out near 7000RPM.

if u got the money for that might aswell if u dont wanna do a conversion dude, oh i forgot visors aswell :D from jdmyard all the best dude

as for exhaust system, no1 here would recommend since u got a d16y4 but if u do like some sound. Racenation has decent exhaust system for a good price and its not that loud either :D then get rims wif ray lug nuts RED OR BLUE :D

DO IT 4DLULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

rayb3na_
26-08-2008, 06:33 PM
waht colour is ur car?
For interior mods everyone will agree with me get a decent pair of recaros+ rear ek9 seats with ek9 rails or vision low rails. then ek9 shift boot + ek9 gear knob or shunk2 gearknob, ek9 carpet + ek9 floor matts + ek9 cluster if u want to ( but the revs dont match since ur one cuts out near 7000RPM.

if u got the money for that might aswell if u dont wanna do a conversion dude, oh i forgot visors aswell :D from jdmyard all the best dude

as for exhaust system, no1 here would recommend since u got a d16y4 but if u do like some sound. Racenation has decent exhaust system for a good price and its not that loud either :D then get rims wif ray lug nuts RED OR BLUE :D

DO IT 4DLULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

thats so typical? be different.. change some things around.. no offence mikey lol

MikeyG
26-08-2008, 06:50 PM
thats so typical? be different.. change some things around.. no offence mikey lol

i used to like u :( things have changed now :(

jeansey
26-08-2008, 07:15 PM
check out the jdm style ek sedans thread in the appearance gallery theres plenty of inspiration and ideas in there.

nice chioce of car btw.

facelift Ek sedans FTW!!

rayb3na_
26-08-2008, 08:47 PM
i used to like u :( things have changed now :(

lol i still love you though ;]

BNK
26-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Well it's gunmetal basically, used to be lowered but raised back up (king springs), don't really have the money to convert to b rite now, but yeh either I keep the civic (been using it for a while) which I love the looks or trade with my bro's 94 accord Vti/r (forgot lol), basically f22b1); so bigger engine but doesn't look as good as my EK1, dunno if it also worth it to mod it.

Either sticking with one of this car or maybe try to sell them and get a s13/Mr2/Gts:confused:

uniorj
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Well it's gunmetal basically, used to be lowered but raised back up (king springs), don't really have the money to convert to b rite now, but yeh either I keep the civic (been using it for a while) which I love the looks or trade with my bro's 94 accord Vti/r (forgot lol), basically f22b1); so bigger engine but doesn't look as good as my EK1, dunno if it also worth it to mod it.

Either sticking with one of this car or maybe try to sell them and get a s13/Mr2/Gts:confused:

Stick with a Honda ;) besides, you just joined the forum lol.

How much you looking at putting towards mods?

Cars become very expensive and I haven't even started modding yet.

Raztaz
01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
more sedan owners :thumbsup:

SiReal
02-09-2008, 11:20 AM
keep it simple, legal, safe and most importantly driveable.

just deck it out with suspension mods and u'll be happy for a while.

Frankie
02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
yeh thats what i done to mine very happy with it
got pic if u want to see

beeza
02-09-2008, 04:26 PM
keep it simple, legal, safe and most importantly driveable.

just deck it out with suspension mods and u'll be happy for a while.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MRGRIM
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Civic ftw civic ftw "ek"gota lov em espesh 99 ek1 lol
welcome to ozhonda

BNK
06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
*been busy with bloody uni stuffs, haven't visit OH 4 a while :(*

but yeh...

My EK1 colour is the athletic gray to be more precise and will post pics once i got a decent cam :S

anyway...

uniorJ: yeh i guess there is nothing more reliable than a Honda. Don't have specific budget but probably don't want spend too much (not conversion for sure atm), will just keep working and getting $$$ and mod the car gradually bit by bit

raztaz: lol yeh too many hatchies huh ? (would'nt mind one tho)

SIReal, MrGrim and beeza: yeh true, to be honest sometimes i would envy others with their ITRs, Teg VTi-Rs, ek4s and eg6s but i guess i should be grateful to get such a reliable and pretty fun car for my 1st ride anyway.

Frankie: You meant the one that MikeyG listed ? either way i woul dlove to see ur lil beauty :D

btw Im gonna start saving up (+ get more work shifts during uni hols) for these possible mods (in order), let me know what you guys think of my plans:

- lower it again
- HID conversion
- CTR replica front lip
- CTR replica rear lip
- e b a y RAM air intake kit
- short shifter
- ek4 rear swaybar
- strut braces
- Blox gunmetal gearknob
- e b a y bucket seat + harness
and that's all i can think on top of my head atm :D

Raztaz
06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
mines athlete metallic grey as well lol (if thats the colour ur talking about).

uniorj
06-10-2008, 10:49 PM
*been busy with bloody uni stuffs, haven't visit OH 4 a while :(*

but yeh...

My EK1 colour is the athletic gray to be more precise and will post pics once i got a decent cam :S

anyway...

uniorJ: yeh i guess there is nothing more reliable than a Honda. Don't have specific budget but probably don't want spend too much (not conversion for sure atm), will just keep working and getting $$$ and mod the car gradually bit by bit

raztaz: lol yeh too many hatchies huh ? (would'nt mind one tho)

SIReal, MrGrim and beeza: yeh true, to be honest sometimes i would envy others with their ITRs, Teg VTi-Rs, ek4s and eg6s but i guess i should be grateful to get such a reliable and pretty fun car for my 1st ride anyway.

Frankie: You meant the one that MikeyG listed ? either way i woul dlove to see ur lil beauty :D

btw Im gonna start saving up (+ get more work shifts during uni hols) for these possible mods (in order), let me know what you guys think of my plans:

- lower it again
- HID conversion
- CTR replica front lip
- CTR replica rear lip
- e b a y RAM air intake kit
- short shifter
- ek4 rear swaybar
- strut braces
- Blox gunmetal gearknob
- e b a y bucket seat + harness
and that's all i can think on top of my head atm :D

So is it going to be just a daily or a daily + track? If you are going to go track you could even think of getting coilovers as you can adjust the ride height and will make a good mod for track. List is a good start, there is only so much you can do at a time anyway.

BNK
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeh athlete gray that's the one, omfg i can't even get that right (guess that's what happen when you try to do reserch on cars and uni at the same time [doing sports/tourism/hospitality course] lol)

but yeh are the e b a y shits dodgy btw fellas ? like the "low-profile brand" RAM kit (also offered by Race Nation too) and strut braces ?

also should i need to look into investing in header + cam :confused:

cheers in advance!

BNK
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
So is it going to be just a daily or a daily + track? If you are going to go track you could even think of getting coilovers as you can adjust the ride height and will make a good mod for track. List is a good start, there is only so much you can do at a time anyway.

For now DD, not sure bout tracking it down the track (no pun intended) later on :S

I heart the SSS
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome dude!

Enjoy your stay!

BNK
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
thanks buddy

c u have da lil funbox of ek1 too, sedan or hatchie ? what have u done wif it btw?

Hondaz
08-10-2008, 03:35 PM
welcom to this big family ... .!