PDA

View Full Version : King Spring SL for EG4

anfo2gig
25-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,
I've heard that king spring SL sometime different in size due to manufacturing, would that be right?
what do you guys suggest for me to get for front and rear?
Im looking to drop my car height by say 2-3inches and not really after handling or performance just want to make it look nice.
I got 15inch rims with 195/50/R15 tyres i believe.
Cheers

mohdmanutd
25-08-2008, 11:31 PM
hey man i just recently got pedders super lows and apparantly they are very similar to the kings super lows and it gave me a drop of about 2.5inch so i was pretty happy with that and also apparantly the king springs are better........so if you are only looking for looks den yeah just get super lows if you are looking for height adjustments and dampness and performance you will be looking at some decent coilovers.......i will post up a pic of my drop when i get a pic........tc

anfo2gig
26-08-2008, 12:18 AM
hey mohdmanutd, if i was to get super low for front and rear will the drop be even as in my car wont look like a hot rod style as i dont want that to be happening LOL? how much was ur pedders super lows? where can i get kings spring from?

[[d a n n y]]
26-08-2008, 12:26 AM
pedders are way better than kings
kings are too soft..

55EXX
26-08-2008, 08:15 AM
pedders better

mohdmanutd
26-08-2008, 08:33 AM
height weight it looked blanaced.........however i was running 195/60/15 which was vry thick tyres so the tyres went under the body.......i bought them from the forum i picked them up for pretty cheap for 135$ and they were fairly new...... i will post pix up to show

anfo2gig
26-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Mohdmanutd yeh post up some pic =)

Anyone used king spring SL experience height not being balance, when both SL installed at front and rear?

btw does anyone know the model number for King spring low front? as i cannot find it in the catalogue.

anfo2gig
27-08-2008, 11:43 AM
nvm i found the model number for Low front.

But just wondering should i get King spring lower front and king spring SL rear to make it balance in height, as the front will be heavier than the back? But then i do plan to get some amp + sub later on.

i been searching the fourm but have not found the answer.
please help me thanks guys =)

Alexx
28-08-2008, 12:07 PM
heres a pic from back when i was running kings SL front and rear

195/50/15 too

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/41exz/Car%20Progress/car10.jpg?t=1219888822

Your right, it didnt sit evenly. however i wouldnt get lows for the front, they are still pretty high. If your going for kings just get SL all round. Keep in mind that you will have to replace your shocks with koni yellows or kyb agx if you want the car to handle. If you are just going for looks then it doesnt really matter about the shocks, despite what everyone else says.

besides, the lower at the front look is tougher :thumbsup: my coilovers are set up to a similar height as the old kings

anfo2gig
28-08-2008, 10:13 PM
thanks alex man it really help me =)
but den i was also thinking if it was just lower front, ill can see it will balance abit better
plus i going to get an EG6 front lip so that'll make it look lower abit more at the front too :)